News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gustof777

gustof777 Profile Photo
Member Name: gustof777
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

WOMEN ON THE VERGE coming to the West End...  Dec 18 2014, 10:21:45 PM
oh lord. Spanish does NOT = latino. I agree you should absolutely cast actors who have an understanding of the spanish aesthetic and of course casting spanish actors would be ideal but Spaniards will be the first to correct you that they are NOT in any way shape or form Latino (almost to the point, I would argue that they can sometimes be quite racist towards latino people) They share a language. that's it. and even that's a small connection as the spanish spoken in Spain is significantly differ
IF/THEN Lottery -- Seat Locations?  Mar 7 2014, 12:40:57 PM
my sister and I were the first two names called and it was front row CC 2, 4. not sure where everyone else was and while the stage is high and the stuff on the higher tiers you end up sort of looking at vertically but nothing was obstructed and while i'd like to normally think I'm a mature constrained person at the theater I nearly **** myself having Ideenz sing and act her t**s off less than two feet away. pretty awesome.
Brian d'Arcy James, Kate Baldwin, Bobby Steggert, Michele Pawk to Lead Public Theater's GIANT- Full Cast Announced!  Sep 10 2012, 01:50:22 PM
yeah i mean I personally thought she pulled it off but I can see how she could come across too young. here's to the hope that she has something coming up after les mis b/c I walked out just blown away by her and actually all three of the leads and was a bit surprised they were all replaced for the dallas production. BUT I do love these new actors and this is hands down my most anticipated show of the season. can't wait!
Brian d'Arcy James, Kate Baldwin, Bobby Steggert, Michele Pawk to Lead Public Theater's GIANT- Full Cast Announced!  Sep 10 2012, 01:26:08 PM
Nice. I still wanna know why they replaced Betsy Morgan though....she was STUNNING in this.
If there were a Passion revival, who would be cast?  May 5 2011, 12:50:39 AM
Laura Benanti, Steven Pasquale (or Aaron Lazar), Laura Osnes
Fosse Tribute to Hit Studio 54, SONS OF THE PROFIT & LOOK BACK IN ANGER Pla  Feb 17 2011, 10:29:58 PM
Just checked my script and it says 25... I would be curious if there has been a well known production that cast it that young. Personally, I think it would make it all the more tragic seeing these kids who have gotten married waaay too young and are still so unsure to most things in the world barrelling their way, violently through the play trying to make sense of their unhappiness. This is one of my all time favorite plays and with all due respect to Sam Gold, who is fantastic and I can't wait
Fosse Tribute to Hit Studio 54, SONS OF THE PROFIT & LOOK BACK IN ANGER Play Roundabout in 2011-2012 Season  Feb 17 2011, 07:52:37 PM
You do know that Jimmy Porter and the other four main characters are supposed to be 25 years old? I believe Sadoski is 34 and Liev is 43? Think Adam Driver.

Although I will say back in the day Liev would have been a HELL of a Jimmy. Let's just pray they keep Zoe Kazan far away from this.

My Dream VIRGINIA WOOLF  Dec 7 2010, 12:09:47 AM
right there with you Color...I almost ed myself upon seeing those pics!!
Diane Paulus-Helmed PIPPIN Revival in Development  Nov 19 2010, 09:30:18 AM
Michael Arden or Bobby Steggert.
Jill Clayburgh has died  Nov 6 2010, 01:24:03 AM
My very first week after moving to NYC, I was 19 at the time, I was downtown by myself seeing a matinee at the Sunshine Cinema and it was completely deserted and I had gotten there way too early and I was about to sit down on a bench and I saw Ms. Clayburgh sitting by herself waiting for the theater to open. As I had just moved to New York I wasn't used to seeing theater people in the flesh and I just blurted out "oh my god you're Jill Clayburgh" and told her how much I had enjoyed her performan
WOMEN ON THE VERGE... Reviews  Nov 5 2010, 12:06:21 AM
Jesus...even Word of Mouth didn't like it.
Shakespeare in Central Park 2010 Line Reports?  Jul 19 2010, 07:15:43 PM
I'll be there tonight as well!!!
GOD OF CARNAGE to offer student rush starting tomorrow, 3/16  Mar 16 2010, 06:12:25 PM
FYI got there at 5:30 PM for the Seven o'clock show and got two tickets in row K in the orchestra.

*edit- i lied, it was row K in the mezz but it turned out to be so empty they had no problem moving us down to front of mezz.

re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy  Mar 9 2010, 05:17:59 AM
just out of curiosity, was this for a Saturday performance?
Patti LuPone and Paulo Shot in 'Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown'?  Feb 15 2010, 02:39:54 PM
no Selma Hayek??
'Red' to paint Broadway. Previews begin Mar 11 at the Golden Theatre.  Jan 31 2010, 08:26:25 PM
I'm so excited Eddie Redmayne is a great young actor i've been watching since "Savage Grace" Here's to a great run!
Daniels, Baker, Liu & McTeer Lead New Cast of GOD OF CARNAGE, March 2  Jan 27 2010, 05:13:24 PM
WHOO HOO!! What a cast! I love it
re: A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE Rush Policy  Jan 26 2010, 06:11:32 PM
Can anyone report on how rush is post opening?
Riedel: From riches to 'Ragtime'  Jan 8 2010, 01:08:19 PM
hahahah dammmn! come on people somewhere deep deep down you all enjoyed reading that a little bit. He's fun I can't deny it. It's his words but I swear every time I read his column I hear the "Gossip Girl" narrator in my head. :)
re: Broadway.com Christmas at Ragtime Video  Dec 15 2009, 06:04:23 PM
I thought the same thing bjh... when he invited the kid to sit on his lap my stomach got queasy.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You