News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for newenglandgal

Member Name: newenglandgal
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Something Rotten digital lottery  May 19 2016, 10:46:26 PM

I've entered the digital lottery for this show three times now and each time I lost, but received a discount code to use for that night of the show if I wanted to still see the show.  Oddly enough the third time I entered the lottery was my first time entering any other lotteries and those were The Crucible and The Book of Mormon.  I won and decided to go to The Book of Mormon.  I had a blast and got a great seat.

Book of Mormon lotto  May 3 2016, 01:28:03 PM

Thanks, LizzieCurry.  I didn't know.  I've only been attending shows now for about a year and half and I've never really looked into lotto options because I am busy most of the day.  It was only recently when Jujamcyn sent me an email announcing the online lotteries that I thought I would try for those.  Thanks for clarifying !

Book of Mormon lotto  May 3 2016, 01:14:34 PM

I apologize if this has already been asked before, but I have only ever entered a lottery once before and that was online.  When the two of you are talking about the Book of Mormon lotto are you talking about the online lottery or is there a lottery in person at the theatre ?

I already have a ticket for AAIP on Wednesday, but I haven't decided what to see on Thursday this week.  (I know I am really waiting to the last minute to decide - cringe)  I did enter the onlin

Recommendations?  Apr 19 2016, 06:29:31 PM

I would highly recommend The Color Purple.  I loved it when I saw it in previews and I will be seeing it again shortly before Jennifer Hudson leaves.  The stripped down stage just helps emphasize the power and beauty of the dialogue and songs.

I would also recommend Something Rotten if you are looking for a purely fun, laugh out loud musical.  I avoided this musical for quite sometime because I had heard it been compared to Spamalot (humor I am not really into), but when

A question for those who have seen Bright Star  Apr 17 2016, 10:49:46 PM

Has anyone had similar issues at She Loves Me ?  I went to a performance last month and normally I can hear pretty well, but at this performance I could only hear some of the dialogue and barely any of the lyrics of song.  I left at the end of the show completely frustrated.  I know have a slight hearing impairment, but I've never had an issue so bad until this performance.  I'm not sure if it was my hearing, the way the sound was amplified, or if it had anything t

Christian Borle in Something Rotten  Apr 1 2016, 01:32:31 PM

I loved this show when I went to see it this past February.  I can not believe I waited so long to go see it.  It is a great musical comedy and Christian Borle really does give his all and adds that "rock star" edge to Shakespeare.  Now that I know he will be departing soon I have made a note to see it another time before he does.

Which shows have a digital lottery?  Mar 11 2016, 09:36:23 PM

@RippedMan  I don't remember if I signed up for Jujamcyn Theatre emails or specifically Book of Mormon emails, but I can tell that over the last month I have received two emails specifically for a digital lottery to the Book of Mormon.  The digital lotteries might have been just a one and two time thing while still holding the regular lottery.

I didn't enter because I live nowhere's close to NYC, so I can't make a last minute.  If I were you I would

Christian Borle in Something Rotten  Feb 17 2016, 08:38:00 PM

I am seeing this show next week and hearing this makes me excited.  I had heard it was a great musical comedy,but have been putting off seeing for reason after reason.  I finally decided to take the leap.  I always find that the best performances often come from actors who truly enjoy the roles, so with their commitment to their characters I should be in for a really great time next week.

Policy On Backpacks or Large Totes In Theatres  Jan 19 2016, 11:25:08 PM

Thanks for the info @ Jay Lerner-Z and PThespian.  This is great to know.  I usually never have time to go back to my hotel, so usually I don't shop even if I have time.  This time I wanted treat myself a little.  So backpack or tote is for this week, it is !  I'm really looking forward to the show, too, @ PThespian.  It will be my first show of 2016.

Policy On Backpacks or Large Totes In Theatres  Jan 19 2016, 09:52:30 PM

Hi again.  I need advice once more.  I am going to Fiddler On The Roof later this week and I know beforehand that I will be shopping and most likely won't have enough time to go back to my hotel and drop off my bags before the show.  So I was thinking of bringing with me one of my large totes/purses or small backpacks that I could put all my shopping bags in.  I have no problem paying the usual $2 to check a bag/coat because I understand they get in the way, especially

Last 5 Years Movie on Netflix  Jan 15 2016, 06:50:48 PM

Thanks so much for the head up ! I know what I will be watching this weekend.

Color Purple Tickets 1/20  Jan 11 2016, 10:16:26 PM

Hello.  I have two tickets for The Color Purple on Wednesday,

January 20th at 7pm for sale.  They are located on the Right Side of the Orchestra in Row L.  I paid a very good price for them and I am just looking to recoup my money.

(As you know there is a no refund policy and I slipped up and got the date wrong of when I was going to be in the City that week.)

Feel free to Direct Message me if you have any questions or are interested.  Also, to be forthri

Broadway Week BOGO Questions  Dec 27 2015, 08:08:11 AM

Bump smiley

Broadway Week BOGO Questions  Dec 24 2015, 03:41:36 PM

Hi fellow theater goers.  I was hoping you could help answer a few questions I had about the upcoming winter Braodyweek BOGO offer.  I've only been attending Broadway shows now for a little over a year now and I have finally lucked out my next trip is lined up perfectly with Broadway week and my friend can join me as well.

I've heard that it is best to purchase the tickets as soon as they go on sale.  So far the only show we have settled on is Wicked.  I have

Lots of good show discounts right now at TheatreMania  Nov 28 2015, 01:43:40 PM

@ Indytallguy  Thanks for confirming what I just recently realized.  I almost always check broadwaybox, but usually forget about theatremania.  Yet, I've come to realize sometimes that one show I am looking for is not one of the sites, but listed on the other or the code on one site actually extends sale price (which is helpful for me since I have to travel a good distance).

You are going to love A View From The Bridge with the onstage seating.  I sat there durin

re: Nicest Broadway Stars?  Jul 13 2015, 09:51:19 PM

Billy Porter is an absolute sweetheart.

Someting Rotten Rush Tickets  Jul 4 2015, 07:18:13 PM

I was wondering if I could get some advice on getting rush tickets - specifically for Something Rotten.  I've never rushed for any tickets before and this show seems to be mostly sold out for the day I am looking for.

I get into the city Monday and was hoping to catch the Wednesday matinee performance (I believe that is the only performance they have that day).

Is it worth it to try as it seems almost sold out online ?  If so, how early should I arrive knowing

TodayTix Discount Code!  Jun 25 2015, 04:43:05 AM

LZNLF is a wonderful code to use !

Strobe lights currently on Broadway  Jun 25 2015, 03:10:58 AM

I would think that The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time uses the most lights in productions that I've seen over the past year.  I'm not sure if you could say all the lighting is "strobe", but it is unique and a highlight of the play.  I've even heard people say that depending on where you sit you can a different view of the lighting and illustrations being projected.

The only one I can think of off hand that had a lot of smoke was Aladdin.  This might de

Bryce Pinkham in A Gentlemans Guide  Jun 25 2015, 02:03:34 AM

I haven't heard that he is returning.  I just saw this two weeks ago to the day and it was amazing and just constant laughs.  Jeff Kready was out for the performance I saw, but I was thoroughly impressed with Kevin Massey. 

This is one of the very few musicals or plays that I would add to my list that would gladly see again !  The cast that is currently lined up is great so I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to you.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You