News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Skimbleshanks2

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Skimbleshanks2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Riedel on Pretty Woman changes  Jan 26 2018, 06:34:25 PM

deleted -- I'm over this fight 

taking a break from the boards 

Riedel on Pretty Woman changes  Jan 26 2018, 04:38:35 PM

I'm less worried about the famous title and more worried about the $15 million price tag ... They're already offering discount codes for BERNADETTE PETERS in HELLO DOLLY ... You think a cast like this can do any better?? LOL

Riedel on Pretty Woman changes  Jan 22 2018, 04:47:39 PM

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/FREEZE-FRAME-Meet-the-Broadway-Bound-Cast-of-PRETTY-WOMAN-20180122

I'm already so bored... but damn I will say that STEVE KAZEE is a hunk...

Riedel on Pretty Woman changes  Jan 18 2018, 05:44:57 AM

Dallas Theatre Fan said: "Skimbleshanks2 said: "dramamama611 said: "And if it has sold ANY tickets, it has an advance. They don't determine budget based on an advance as they don't have those funds....and won't for quite some time."

Just crazy to see another $15 million+ show head to BROADWAY with not many tickets sold thus far -- reminds me a bit of GROUNDHOG DAY tbh!!

I'm sure BRYAN ADAMS will be visiting the show mu

Riedel on Pretty Woman changes  Jan 17 2018, 02:08:42 PM

dramamama611 said: "And if it has sold ANY tickets, it has an advance. They don't determine budget based on an advance as they don't have those funds....and won't for quite some time."

Just crazy to see another $15 million+ show head to BROADWAY with not many tickets sold thus far -- reminds me a bit of GROUNDHOG DAY tbh!!

I'm sure BRYAN ADAMS will be visiting the show multiple times to try to get the fans in seats ... Oof...

Riedel on Pretty Woman changes  Jan 17 2018, 11:03:58 AM

It's just crazy that PRETTY WOMAN is costing $15 million -- does it even have an advance yet? Are people buying tickets?? I just looked at a random Friday on TICKETMASTER and there were hundreds available ... 

GROUNDHOG DAY scraps its national tour!?!?  Jan 11 2018, 12:07:23 PM

Californian said: ""I am surprised ANDY KARL has not lined up any gigs since the BROADWAY run ended -- what a shame!!"

From what I understand, he's had surgery to repair the knee he injured in the show, and has been recuperating

"

It's annoying that he's doing another LEGALLY BOUND with ORFEH and a bunch of no-name guest stars ... I hope he can break away from that stuff and do another show soon

GROUNDHOG DAY scraps its national tour!?!?  Jan 9 2018, 06:41:53 AM

Wouldn't it have cost too much money to tour GROUNDHOG DAY? Reports that it planned to tour always seemed suspect to me...

Any chance this will return to LONDON? I am surprised ANDY KARL has not lined up any gigs since the BROADWAY run ended -- what a shame!!

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/31/17  Jan 4 2018, 04:36:12 PM
People must have bought tickets in bulk to THE BAND’S VISIT with the hopes of selling them for profit a la HAMILTON ... I saw the 12/30 Matinee and entire rows were empty ... we got our tickets for $30 on STUBHUB...

Granted it was snowing that afternoon but still...

Pretty Woman Hits Chicago (and Broadway)!  Dec 18 2017, 11:32:34 AM

Okay! I will just wait for the discount code then, since demand for this one seems to be non-existent for the moment ....

Curious to know why they released tickets now ... Marketing is already off to a terrible start for this one

A Christmas Story goes LIVE...  Dec 18 2017, 10:33:16 AM

CHRIS D is soooo hot ... he should do more BROADWAY!

Pretty Woman Hits Chicago (and Broadway)!  Dec 18 2017, 10:27:56 AM

Does anyone know when the discount code will come out? Checked TICKETMASTER today and there were barely any seats sold so I'm assuming they'll have to discount soon...

Why would a show open in mid-August?  Dec 17 2017, 08:48:25 AM
To the BROADWAY opening. I thought out of town try outs usually happened well in advance...

Why would a show open in mid-August?  Dec 16 2017, 02:13:11 PM

All I meant was -- it's cutting it close, time wise! I guess they're confident...?

Why would a show open in mid-August?  Dec 16 2017, 01:16:45 PM
I am not perturbed by the AUGUST date — I’m just like why bother with the CHICAGO out of town try out period... isn’t it pointless?

I wonder if BRYAN ADAMS’ schedule warranted this, since he’ll likely have to come to the show and promote it as it doesn’t have star power beyond KAZEE and BARKS

Why would a show open in mid-August?  Dec 16 2017, 09:34:23 AM

Is it normal for a show to go on sale BEFORE the out of try out even happens?? I'm shocked that PRETTY WOMAN tickets are already on sale since it opens in CHICAGO months prior -- the whole release schedule for this is so bizarre ...

I guess they're banking on it being a hit? Weird since BRYAN ADAMS is the only real name here

Pretty Woman Hits Chicago (and Broadway)!  Nov 22 2017, 07:24:13 AM

What I don't get is... what if the reviews from CHICAGO aren't good?? They aren't really leaving enough room for tweaks / improvements -- unless they really think the show is that good?? That or they are banking on name recognition of PRETTY WOMAN and BRYAN ADAMS, since the cast isn't known to non-BROADWAY people...

Very interesting decision... I wonder if this will be a hit or flop and close immediately...

Pretty Woman Hits Chicago (and Broadway)!  Nov 21 2017, 03:38:23 PM

Interesting that it's not only opening in AUGUST but also so soon after the CHICAGO run -- all signs point to confidence in the production, no?? They are likely trying to capitalize on the quieter fall season as well -- it's a risky move for sure because what if the reviews are bad??

I hope OREFH wins the Tony!

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/17  Nov 20 2017, 07:09:44 PM

At this rate they should have held onto GROUNDHOG DAY at the WILSON... Wow!!!

The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced  Nov 16 2017, 05:52:43 AM

AEA AGMA SM said: "Skimbleshanks2 said: "Are they doing SRO?? Anyone try it??"

There is no standing room for this show. There is only about 4' or so between the lobby doors and the last row of the orchestra, so there's no space there to put standees, plus they have to keep the curtains closed directly behind the last row so that the comings and goings of the house staff do not cause a disturbance.
"

Thank you!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You