News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TheBrightestStar

TheBrightestStar Profile Photo
Member Name: TheBrightestStar
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HEDWIG TOUR
 Mar 21 2017, 10:26:12 AM

I saw four of the shows in Chicago, and it was pretty clear that Euan was either really on or really off. I usually gauge my enjoyment of the show by how engaged I am in the dialogue sections since they're so familiar to me, and during two of the four shows I definitely felt myself getting bored, particularly during the long stretch between Tear Me Down and Origin of Love. I do wish I'd had the chance to see Mason to compare. Yesterday I was listening to a recording of one of JCM'

HEDWIG TOUR
 Mar 20 2017, 02:48:27 PM

I bought the butterfly after Saturday night's performance.  It was 60, and Hannah signed the back of it. 

HEDWIG TOUR
 Mar 13 2017, 01:06:02 PM

Nycat63 said: "Did anyone see the Chicago show Sunday night?  Wondering if Euan called out or how he did.  I was at the matinee and could tell from his voice and energy level that he wasn't feeling well - he also coughed a few times and tried to cover with improv (my husband who i dragged along for the ride thought it was just part of the show  What a heroic feat to get through that show at less than 100%.  I traveled to Chicago just to see him (been a fan since Taboo) so I'm glad he was in, but I felt for him.  So much respect.   Anyway, just curious."

I was there for the Sunday 7:30 performance.  I wondered if something was up because there was a noticeable difference between his energy level on opening night and his energy level last night.  He powered through, but I noticed that things felt a little bit off.  There were a few times where he held Hannah close after a song and it was obvious he was communicating something about how he might need her to step it up.  Still an amazing performance, and good on him for soldiering on in spite of an obvious illness.

HEDWIG TOUR
 Mar 9 2017, 03:59:27 PM

You can use code "HEDHEAD" for $59 tickets on Ticketmaster.

HEDWIG TOUR
 Mar 9 2017, 03:53:47 PM

"It all went down in the newly annoying Wicker Park." Followed by a joke about how hard it was find the door to the Double Door and then a transgender bathroom joke. It took her an hour to find the door to the bar and then she had to go to the bathroom and wasn't sure which bathroom she could use.

And then during the segment about the limo and running into Tommy again she says "We drove around Wrigleyville catching up, doing drugs, as you do." Just slight c

HEDWIG TOUR
 Mar 9 2017, 03:38:25 PM

I caught the opening night in Chicago and OMG, Euan is a stunning Hedwig.  He brings something truly special to the role, and is by far and away my favorite non-JCM Hedwig. His voice is incredible, and his interactions with the audience were a definite highlight. He and Hannah are wonderful together, and I loved that Hannah's take on Yitzhak was obviously inspired by Lena's performance. Their Midnight Radio was so powerful and raw. I also loved the region specific jokes they work

Musical Moments You Will Always Remember
 Sep 21 2015, 12:43:16 PM

"Midnight Radio" at the close of JCM's final performance.  

Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
 Jul 29 2015, 02:24:47 PM

From what I've read (and heard through the audio recording that's floating around), it's not so much a question of character interpretation and more a question of preparedness.  Regardless of how you felt about the previous Hedwigs and their interpretation of the character and the choices they made in carrying this basically one-woman show, I don't recall anyone calling into question the actor's ability to remember the lines, land the jokes, and keep up with the band.  Most of the c

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You