News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for eerhelm

Member Name: eerhelm
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Band's Visit Principal Replacements  Aug 22 2018, 01:10:57 AM

I've heard a few of the cast are in contract negotiations now. I'm wondering if Katrina Lenk will stay for longer?

As for replacements, I'd love to see newcomer Vishaal Reddy or the understudy Pomme Koch take over for Stachel.  

I saw Reddy perform in a cabaret a few months ago and he brought the house down! Everyone was chatting about his number after the show.

Who are some  Jun 7 2017, 01:19:35 PM

I'd love to see Aaron Burr or Fiyero played against the type.

There's an upcoming actor named Vishaal Reddy who would kill both those parts. Saw him in a musical reading and he SLAYED.  Plus, he's South Asian (I think?) which would be different.

Monsoon wedding  May 6 2017, 12:06:18 PM

Previews start tonight! Anyone heard anything about it? The movie is awesome so interested to see how it translates

Mean Girls Musical: Washington DC Fall 2017  Feb 13 2017, 02:10:42 PM

any response to casting of this? excited for it. 

Chicago HAMILTON cast announced  Jul 13 2016, 02:57:58 PM

Cast seems great! Though I do wish that there was more of a presence of Asian actors as leads. Maybe even someone of Indian or Middle Eastern descent? We don't see much representation of them in theater but it's a small nitpick.

Indians and Asians Diversity Issue  Feb 15 2016, 03:22:09 PM

Totally true. It all starts with writing and if there aren't any voices that are Asian and Indian, there won't be stories to be told with that perspective.

Indians and Asians Diversity Issue  Feb 15 2016, 10:47:34 AM

I think this is a very interesting topic because Indians aren't really portrayed as regular, everyday people. They're always caricatures. I'd love to see this guy who wrote the article break into leading man territory and I understand his frustrations. I've seen him in some stuff and he's great!

Indians and Asians Diversity Issue  Feb 13 2016, 11:09:06 AM

I know this has been posted before with this being such a hot button issue, what are people's thoughts on Indians and Asians not being represented in art? Asians have had a resurgence for sure but we don't see Indians or Middle Eastern people portrayed that often.  I also found this fantastic article from an actor living in NYC that I think encapsulates the struggle of minority actors, particularly Indian ones. I never really thought about it but there aren't any Indians on Broadway, just a few in Hollywood, and none really to my knowledge have won a ton of major awards. It's a great read and was on BuzzFeed. 

http://www.buzzfeed.com/vishaalreddy/can-we-hear-an-accent-please-24c22

Next WICKED Cast  Aug 19 2015, 12:19:38 AM

As much as I do love this casting, I kinda wish they had picked some unknowns you know? I mean Rachel Tucker is amazing as Elphaba for sure but I think switching it up with new leads or even adding some diversity to the leads would have been interesting. Nonetheless, the show will be great I am sure!

Monsoon wedding on Broadway 2015-2016?  Mar 3 2015, 10:34:33 PM
Yeah i just wasnt sure if anything else was said about it. They did a small workshop last winter I believe and I had a friend who was in the audition process for it but then didn't end up doing it.

I think it could be a surprise hit, given that the score it good. The material from the movie was amazing. I also hope they cast newcomers in this. Gives new talent a chance!

Monsoon wedding on Broadway 2015-2016?  Mar 3 2015, 01:53:27 PM
I have heard rumors that this could also be included in this next season- what are people's thoughts on this? Seems like a crowded season for sure and I am not sure how it would stack up.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You