pixeltracker

The Band's Visit Principal Replacements

The Band's Visit Principal Replacements

natashalost
#1The Band's Visit Principal Replacements
Posted: 8/16/18 at 8:03pm

Sorry if there's already been a thread on this! I expect that as we are approaching the one year anniversary of opening in October, many cast members will be leaving. 

I remember Ari'el Statchel saying in an interview that he would be leaving in October, but I can't seem to find it again.

Does anyone have any news of who will be leaving soon, or who will be replacing them?

anislander
#2The Band's Visit Principal Replacements
Posted: 8/16/18 at 8:29pm

Was the interview pre Tonys? If it was, I wonder if his win will keep him there for a bit longer.

Danielle49
#3The Band's Visit Principal Replacements
Posted: 8/16/18 at 9:27pm

Not sure if this is the same interview you’re referring to, but the September issue of Vanity Fair lists him as playing Haled “through October 2018.” Looks like he’s not extending!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl_Ytt7DBR-/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=nwzuxd2pwv81

Sorry I can’t link it since I’m mobile. But I also posted it on The Band’s Visit Reviews thread.

Updated On: 8/16/18 at 09:27 PM

eerhelm
#4The Band's Visit Principal Replacements
Posted: 8/22/18 at 1:10am

I've heard a few of the cast are in contract negotiations now. I'm wondering if Katrina Lenk will stay for longer?

As for replacements, I'd love to see newcomer Vishaal Reddy or the understudy Pomme Koch take over for Stachel.  

I saw Reddy perform in a cabaret a few months ago and he brought the house down! Everyone was chatting about his number after the show.

Fanboy99
#5The Band's Visit Principal Replacements
Posted: 8/22/18 at 2:28am

I know he's a replacement but how long is Sasson Gabai planning to be in the production? I want to see it him in it.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#6The Band's Visit Principal Replacements
Posted: 8/22/18 at 7:47am

I've heard that Gabay is contracted for at least a year.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#7The Band's Visit Principal Replacements
Posted: 8/22/18 at 9:58am

I am dying to know who's staying, who's going, and who will replace those that do depart. If Lenk is leaving, lord I hope the team is hard at work finding someone who can carry that mantle. This is a show that could very fall flat without a leading lady of matched magnetism. 

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#8The Band's Visit Principal Replacements
Posted: 8/27/18 at 12:37pm

Obviously not a principal, but I just saw that Alok Tewari will be joining the cast of MTC's India Pale Ale, which I do believe will be the first official departure (save for Shalhoub, of course). Anyone here heard anything about anyone else as of now? 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#9The Band's Visit Principal Replacements
Posted: 9/17/18 at 6:47pm

The article was quickly taken down, but Playbill briefly had a piece up announcing that Brandon Uranowitz will be replacing John Cariani as Itzik.

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#10The Band's Visit Principal Replacements
Posted: 9/17/18 at 6:54pm

I saw that too. Also if you google Brandon Uranowitz, the bands visit on google the article will show up

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#11The Band's Visit Principal Replacements
Posted: 9/17/18 at 6:54pm

Here's the dead URL. http://www.playbill.com/article/brandon-uranowitz-will-join-broadways-the-bands-visit

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

BroadwayFan12
#12The Band's Visit Principal Replacements
Posted: 9/17/18 at 6:57pm

Did it say when Cariani is leaving?

Danielle49
#13The Band's Visit Principal Replacements
Posted: 9/17/18 at 7:09pm

Oh dear if Brandon Uranowitz is indeed joining the cast, that means I’ll have to make a third trip to the Barrymore. He seems like an odd choice for that role, but I adore him and would love to see what he does with it.

jbird5
#14The Band's Visit Principal Replacements
Posted: 9/17/18 at 7:13pm

Danielle49 said: "Oh dear if Brandon Uranowitz is indeed joining the cast, that means I’ll have to make a third trip to the Barrymore. He seems like an odd choice for that role, but I adore him and would love to see what he does with it."

I seem to remember Uranowitz and Cariani joking that they keep getting mistaken for each other.

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#15The Band's Visit Principal Replacements
Posted: 9/17/18 at 7:14pm

Do we think Katrina is staying? I would assume if she wasnt they would announce the replacement with Brandon’s announcement.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#16The Band's Visit Principal Replacements
Posted: 9/18/18 at 12:59am

Bwayfan292 said: "Do we think Katrina is staying? I would assume if she wasnt they would announce the replacement with Brandon’s announcement."

Katrina is staying, yes. 

WestCoastActor/Director Profile Photo
WestCoastActor/Director
#17The Band's Visit Principal Replacements
Posted: 9/18/18 at 2:09am

John said Friday that he was leaving in October. I don't remember now what date he said.

Updated On: 9/18/18 at 02:09 AM

itzikslullaby Profile Photo
itzikslullaby
#18The Band's Visit Principal Replacements
Posted: 9/18/18 at 6:22am

John Cariani is leaving October 7th and George Abud is leaving September 30th, per my source in the show. Also it hasnt been mentioned but Madison Miccuci left the show to join the School of Rock tour, so there will be a new female standby coming in.

ElphabaGoodman
#19The Band's Visit Principal Replacements
Posted: 9/18/18 at 6:29am

itzikslullaby said: "John Cariani is leaving October 7th and George Abud is leaving September 30th, per my source in the show. Also it hasnt been mentioned but Madison Miccuci left the show to join the School of Rock tour, so there will be a new female standby coming in."

Jodi McFadden has already joined as the new female standby. Joseph Kamal recently joined as Simon, replacing Alok Tewfari who will be doing MTC’s India Pale Ale.

Danielle49
#20The Band's Visit Principal Replacements
Posted: 9/18/18 at 8:07am

The Uranowitz article is back up on Playbill! He begins October 9th

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#21The Band's Visit Principal Replacements
Posted: 9/18/18 at 8:18am

Wowowowow. Talk about wonderful casting!! I can’t wait to see him in this role!

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#22The Band's Visit Principal Replacements
Posted: 9/18/18 at 10:06am

This casting fascinates me. I can't wait to see him break my heart in this role.

Follow-up question: does this mean that all the Falsettos "stans" on social media who rallied behind Mean Girls/Frozen/SpongeBob during the Tonys last year and slammed The Band's Visit will end up actually seeing the show?

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#23The Band's Visit Principal Replacements
Posted: 9/18/18 at 10:12am

Everyone in the show at this moment is staying with the exception of Cariani and George Abud. Such great news!

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#24The Band's Visit Principal Replacements
Posted: 9/18/18 at 10:41am

I love Uranowitz so I'll be back to the Barrymore soon!

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

BwayGeek2 Profile Photo
BwayGeek2
#25The Band's Visit Principal Replacements
Posted: 9/18/18 at 11:09am

BroadwayConcierge said: Follow-up question: does this mean that all theFalsettos"stans" on social media who rallied behindMean Girls/Frozen/SpongeBobduring the Tonys last year andslammedThe Band's Visitwill end upactually seeing the show?"

Yes! I think you're right about this! 

Videos