News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for wolfwriter

Member Name: wolfwriter
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What Was The Worst Musical You Saw  Apr 9 2020, 02:40:02 PM
I took this to mean original musical & not a bad revival..

Two that most probably have forgotten...

‘Metro’ (all in Polish set in the subway)

‘A Change In The Heir’ (JK Simmons debut & Judy Blazer) ran 23 performances

Shut down until June 7  Apr 8 2020, 10:15:46 PM
What do you all think happens to off-Broadway and off-off Broadway?

If Broadway will have such difficulty, will other theater have it as hard or maybe a bit easier, since they don’t rely on tourists as much?

As a playwright, it doesn’t really make me want to get up and write each day.

Tickets Refunds  Mar 19 2020, 04:24:10 PM

Pashacar said: "uncageg said: "wolfwriter said: "Just got an interesting email from 59e59 saying they cannot refund charges directly to a credit card and I can donate, keep it as a credit on my account or request a check.

I’ve had many tickets refunded over the years and I’ve never seen this before.
"

That doesn't seem right. Credit card refunds are the easiest to do. I would call your credit card company.

Tickets Refunds  Mar 17 2020, 03:41:48 PM
Just got an interesting email from 59e59 saying they cannot refund charges directly to a credit card and I can donate, keep it as a credit on my account or request a check.

I’ve had many tickets refunded over the years and I’ve never seen this before.

The Lehman Trilogy Previews Thread  Mar 11 2020, 09:36:49 AM

Impossible2 said: “...you're worried because of a few opinions from complete stranger on the internet?

JUST GO!”

Or you could take this advice from a complete stranger on the internet  :)

WHO’S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF? Preview Thread  Mar 10 2020, 12:58:21 AM

Caught this tonight and three hours flew by. The production has its flaws, but, this is Laurie Metcalf's show.

This is light years better than the inert, unmoving Letts/Morton production with Morton starting out at 100mph with nowhere to go. Metcalf avoids that pitfall. The production does not, however, erase the memory of the Kathleen Turner/Bill Irwin production.

I can only imagine Metcalf will hone this performance and it will be extraordinary. She is playful, sexual, ang

The Lehman Trilogy Previews Thread  Mar 8 2020, 11:00:16 AM

Dolly80 said: "Here is the winner for the Best Play Tony.. and probably director and actor too"

I saw it at the Armory and it’s a 3.5 hour audiobook.

Shouldn’t Best Play actually be a play?

The Minutes Preview Thread  Mar 5 2020, 10:23:58 AM

JBroadway said: "wolfwriter said: "There was little laughter around me, throughout."

Wallman2 said: "many of the people around me were laughing a great deal"

A perfect example of why I hate the old "people around me agreed with me" tactic. You two attended the same performance, and have contradictory reports as the the audience reaction. Maybe this difference cameas a result of being seated in different

The Minutes Preview Thread  Mar 5 2020, 12:32:16 AM

Saw this tonight and I want my 90 minutes back. I was bored until the end when you could hear my eyes roll in Ohio. I don’t know which of the people on either side of me checked their watch more often.

To quote the woman next to me, "Well, that was an ending and what a waste of Jessie Mueller." There was little laughter around me, throughout.

It's impossible to speak in specifics without spoiling the play.

On the way home, I realized that I've seen

Papermill 20-21 Season Guessing Game  Feb 28 2020, 07:50:25 PM
It’s been 15 years since they did ‘The Baker’s Wife’.

I assume the honey is ‘Secret Life of Bees’ & the baby is ‘Aida’

My first thought was ‘Almost Famous’ for the last one. CD?

Unknown Soldier - Playwrights Horizons  Feb 25 2020, 06:28:44 PM

After Eight said: "Wolfwriter wrote:

”Now, that's me being patronizing, sarcastic and condescending.”

Yes. You might consider working on that.

“while I said I give you the benefit of the doubt that you actually see all the shows on which you comment, I don't believe you do.”

Then why did you say that you gave me the benefit ofthe doubt, when obviously, you didn't?And yes, much to my chagrin, I saw Unknown

Unknown Soldier - Playwrights Horizons  Feb 25 2020, 05:40:55 PM

JBroadway said: "@wolfwriter

Well, now you've spoiled the fact that Estelle Parsons doesn't have any nude scenes!
"

She had one but they cut it when the crowd got too rowdy :)

Unknown Soldier - Playwrights Horizons  Feb 25 2020, 05:25:05 PM

whatever2 said: "Hey wolfwriter - I'm seeing this on Friday, and I'm pretty sure that in your pique you just dropped a major spoiler there ... WTF???"

What are you referring to? There’s not a spoiler in anything I said, unless you mean Estelle Parson’s nude scene. :)

Nothing I said happened. I made all of it up except the character names, which you can find on their website and the casting of Estelle Parsons which is also

Unknown Soldier - Playwrights Horizons  Feb 25 2020, 04:05:56 PM

After Eight said: "Wolfwriter wrote:

“After Eight wants the lobster already shelled and served, perfectly cooked on the plate.”

One could shell lobsters from dawn to dusk : badlobsters are bad, period.

“Why anyone would want to consistently attend live theater and never utilize their brain is a mystery to me, but, to each their own.”

Appallinglypatronizing. What makes you think one doesn't use one's brai

Unknown Soldier - Playwrights Horizons  Feb 24 2020, 02:21:45 PM

I read this thread with amusement and I hesitated to chime in. After Eight and I had this go-round a few years ago about audiences doing the work, and I certainly won't go there again. It's a frustrating exercise in futility.

Many people have said harsh things to and about After Eight. I never have and never will. I defend everyone's right to their opinion, especially if it's unpopular.

For me, I see no point in attending live theater unless I'm involved. I w

Mack & Mabel City Center Encores!  Feb 23 2020, 08:34:23 PM
Caught this afternoon’s performance and was so glad to see it after loving the score for many years.

Not much to add. The book is the problem. The score is wonderful. The cast was great. We had no trouble hearing every word.

We were reflecting back, when everyone in an Encores show carried script in hand, which makes it an impressive feat when everyone is off book.

The orchestra sounded great. If it were running longer, I would return to see it again.

Unknown Soldier - Playwrights Horizons  Feb 23 2020, 11:25:08 AM

Caught this last night and highly recommend it

This is a deceptively simple, multi-layered exploration of how we re-write our stories, intentionally or not, in an attempt to make the present and the future more “acceptable.”

This is probably not a musical for everyone and I can easily understand why After Eight hated it. You, as the audience, have a lot of work to do. And, it’s not always the most pleasant work. Memory, often isn’t. You won’t le

CAMBODIAN ROCK BAND  Feb 12 2020, 02:22:00 AM

A Director said: "wolfwriter said: "Saw this tonight and it may end up as my favorite show of the year. Everything that opens in the next 10 months has A LOT to live up to.

Lauren Yee hasn't just hit a home run. She hit a grand slam right out of the park.

The less you know about the show, the better, although, a cursory knowledge of Cambodia in the 1970s is helpful. The play is so well written, however, that everything is well-explained.

<

CAMBODIAN ROCK BAND  Feb 12 2020, 01:49:08 AM

UncleCharlie said: "wolfwriter said: "Francis Jue as the protagonist is astonishing. There are not enough words for his performance. He is heartbreaking, real & terrifying. He takes the audience on a very uncomfortable rollercoaster ride. I’d love to see him play the Emcee in Cabaret."

Jue is a wonderful actor and one of my favorites working today. His range is fantastic from a comedic and loopy Larry Yee is one of Lauren Yee's oth

CAMBODIAN ROCK BAND  Feb 12 2020, 12:23:21 AM

Saw this tonight and it may end up as my favorite show of the year. Everything that opens in the next 10 months has A LOT to live up to.

Lauren Yee hasn't just hit a home run. She hit a grand slam right out of the park. 

The less you know about the show, the better, although, a cursory knowledge of Cambodia in the 1970s is helpful. The play is so well written, however, that everything is well-explained.

This is as much a play with music as it is, a mu

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You