News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Tippy2

Member Name: Tippy2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Wiz returning to Bway in 2023 after National Tour
 Jan 22 2024, 12:49:09 PM

Y'all, I just saw this in San Francisco this past weekend.  I was so excited and wish I could post raves. It's just sort of a mess.  There are certainly a few standouts...Kyle Freeman, Phillip Richardson, Melody Betts and Wayne Brady were all wonderful.  I don't think the rest of this cast could act their way out of a wet paper bag. I've also been reading a lot about how great the choreography was.  It is VERY clear that JaQuel Knight has great vision for f

Sorkin and Sher to revive CAMELOT for Broadway
 Mar 14 2023, 12:25:35 PM

I'm glad y'all seem to be liking this.  I was there Sunday and it felt like I was watching a turtle race. Where the love for Burnap is coming from, I just don't know?  His comedic timing was decent but I don't feel his ability to interpret a song was very good.  Granted, he's dreamy to look at but that only goes so far.  I enjoyed Soo for the most part and Donica was decent.  At this point they all seem very one dimensional.  Hoping it gets be

SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
 Jan 11 2023, 02:12:21 PM

It's Ticket Brokers digging out seats.

& JULIET On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
 Nov 3 2022, 01:08:38 PM

This show is so much fun!  What a blast.  The cast is top notch.  I think it's gonna be a hit.  I bought tickets the other night on stubhub for cheap!  Looks like that might a trend at the moment but after seeing it I don't think seats will stay cheap for long.  Word is going to get out.  

& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
 Oct 28 2022, 12:08:06 PM

Just saw some pretty cheap seats on vivid seats for tonight's performance.  I wonder if the secondary market bought the show and are having trouble selling it?

THE MUSIC MAN Previews
 Jan 10 2022, 03:36:34 PM

Hi Y'all.  I was at the 1/6 performance and I want to thank you all for covering just about everything that needs to be covered regarding the show.  Just some brief thoughts.

1) I had an enjoyable night at the theater

2) Sutton is killing it.  Thank goodness for her.

3) Hugh is Hugh.  Take that however you want.  

4) I think praise for Jerry is unwarranted.  It felt like he said I've got these 2 in Music Man, I don't h

Why no Demand for Frozen? Any Thoughts ?
 Apr 20 2018, 09:42:35 AM

I always find it interesting when people bash brokers.  It's very short sighted to not realize that they are very important part of the ticket landscape.  Frozen would be in the toilet if they hadn't purchased so much inventory and yeah, who cares if they are eating their tickets or selling at .50 on the dollar.  Look how many people are getting to see Frozen for half price!  Win for the public.  They also taught producers how to price their own tickets. 

Any rush stories?
 Mar 23 2015, 11:13:47 AM
I am so glad that Watanabe is starting to get more recognition here. It is his performance that affects Kelli's blandness, yes. But it's because he is so good! Really people. I saw the show over a week ago and I am still haunted by him. I truly hope he gets a TONY nom.
The king and I previews thread
 Mar 18 2015, 03:27:56 PM
Hi everyone, I am new to this board. I actually read all of your opinions often but have never felt compelled to join in the discussion until now. If anyone is thinking of missing this production because of Ken Watanabe you will be doing yourself a great dis service if you are a theater lover. In fact I will go further and say that Mr. Watanabe is the very reason to see this show. Yes, all of the glowing reviews for Kelli and Ruthie are deserving. They both own the stage and the parts they
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You