News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AlanR2

AlanR2 Profile Photo
Member Name: AlanR2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

RAGTIME Orchestra Ticket for Sale -- Monday, April 24 at 7pm
 Feb 11 2020, 10:05:49 PM

Sent a PM.  Please let me know.  Very interested!!

Everything That Happened... @ the Armory
 Jun 6 2019, 08:27:40 AM

Amazingly little being written about this production.  I would love to have input from anyone who has seen it.  I have a ticket for Sunday.

Alan

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
 Apr 5 2018, 08:05:14 AM

Forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere in the long thread, but I was unaware that the refund policy had changed.  Originally, a full refund was guaranteed up to 14 days prior to the performance as long as the seats were purchased at least 28 days in advance.  Now, all tickets purchased after April 3 can be exchanged only up to 28 days prior to the performance.  I suddenly saw a much better seat today for April 21 and purchased it with the assumption I could get a refun

Preparing for Harry Potter
 Feb 22 2018, 05:28:59 PM

Thanks! Lots of helpful hints.  I think I'll start with a movie or two this weekend.

Why NOT buy tickets to a show this hot, that has already won record breaking awards in London?  As a theater lover, seemed like one I shouldn't miss, and certainly couldn't wait a while a decide later if interested. It's buy now or never (unless you are super wealthy) so I went for the now and am very excited to join the bandwagon.

Thanks to all.

Preparing for Harry Potter
 Feb 22 2018, 03:43:04 PM

There has  been a lot of interest and discussion about the new Harry Potter play about to start on Broadway.  As and individual who knows NOTHING about Harry Potter I am looking for recommendations on the best way to prepare.  Any thoughts from experts?  I have tickets in April, so reading all the books is out.  Should I read some of them? The last one? see a movie? all the movies?  Or just go cold?

Any advice appreciated.  Thanks, 

Alan

Feb 9 2018, 09:24:32 PM

I got a similar response.  They didn't say if J 26-32 were the last 4 seats (but they must be) but did say that they were great seats and I would be able to see everything.  We'll see as well.

Looks like the premium price covered all but the last 4 seats on the side, which went for $199 in the orchestra front. Unbelievable that they cleaned up and sold out 1 years worth of seats (excepting house seats) in 2 days.  Even with Hamilton, there was some time to obtain

Feb 7 2018, 06:34:55 PM

At 11:00 I was able to log on and got May 26, Saturday. Not happy with the seats Orch J 26-32 for $199 each.  I can't imagine those are not the last 4 seats.  I couldn't figure out who to search for new ones and given the overall issues, I took them.  Since there is longer a 100's section in the orchestra and it previously went up to 30, adding the center could mean the sides go up to 38 or so.  We'll know soon enough.

Harry Potter access code?
 Feb 7 2018, 11:21:18 AM

Painless.  Went on promptly at 11:00.  Chose a date listed as "going fast" for 4 tickets in the $199 section.  I was given K 26-32 which I cannot imagine is anything but the last 4 seats.  Hope they are decent for THAT price.

I would have liked to try another day (This one was in May) but not clear how to back out or reselect so I continued and purchased and now have confirmation.

The ONLY 2 delivery options are will call and Mobile Phone.  Be

Harry Potter access code?
 Feb 5 2018, 10:10:32 PM

Just got an 11:00 AM access,  Tried to register my wife as well but she is standby.  I am thinking we'll end up with fall or 2019 by then.  It would be nice to know what the price categories will be.  Will there be premium as part of the access as well?

Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
 Apr 9 2017, 08:13:46 PM

I cannot comment on the various qualities of each lead performance, but since we saw Eva in London my wife was very eager to hear her again in NY.  When I found out Thursday that our Saturday matinee tickets would be for her alternate, I called Telecharge and they were very good about exchanging matinee for evening tickets.  I have exchanged other "no refund, no exchange" tickets in the past.

Just an FYI.

Alan

Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
 Jan 29 2017, 01:04:59 PM

Pricing question.

Forgive me if this has been covered.  I haven't followed this discussion closely and can't seem to find it discussed.

When did the prices jump? I bought 2 row H seats for $525 back in December, thinking they were high.  I now see neighboring seats for $350 each on both the Telecharge and Hudson website.  Am I missing something?

A little bewildered, but happy to have purchased.

Kings of War
 Sep 28 2016, 02:22:36 PM

After the recent Ivo Van Hove productions on Broadway I was very interested when BAM sent a flyer out for tickets to Kings of War, a condensation of 3 Shakespeare kings a la Van Hove.  I was just looking at the BAM website and it mentioned that the language was Dutch with English subtitles.  Am I reading this correctly?  I am getting a bit squeamish.  Have others experienced this??? 4 1/2 hours in Dutch with subtitles?

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
 Sep 7 2016, 12:54:11 PM

It is interesting that when BVD was interviewed, he mentioned that he turned down the offer to play Burr three times before he finally accepted.  There was much discussion on this board about poor management and the lack of adequate replacement, when in fact, they had a very strong candidate targeted and went after him repeatedly.  Having seen it a few weeks ago I am so glad they did and I believe strengthened the show.  I am thinking they might have similar Lafayette/Jefferson

Nathan the Wise
 Apr 6 2016, 08:21:24 PM

Nathan the Wise has started performances at CSC.  Any feedback?

AR

Hamilton Tickets - November 2016
 Jan 13 2016, 08:50:52 PM

Where would you look for the notice?  I don't recall seeing anything last time.

Hamilton Original Cast & Understudies
 Dec 16 2015, 08:23:53 PM

The Hamilton website notes that Javier will play the Saturday matinees from March 28 to Sept 3, 2016.  That would suggest Lin in the lead until that date is planned.

Mother Courage at CSC
 Dec 15 2015, 08:06:03 PM

I haven't seen any comments on Mother Courage and her Children at the Classic Stage.  Has anyone seen this show?  Curious about other opinions before I head into the city for it.

Thanks, 

AR

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 Dec 14 2015, 09:27:38 PM

Interesting thread and I am considering this option, rather than $1,000 tickets.  A couple of questions...

Do they let you wait inside?  If I go on a cold morning will I be standing out in the cold? What time would they open?

I read that you can sign up for both matinee and evening.  If you don't get a matinee ticket, would you have to remain standing in the line till evening to get the other ticket?

Many thanks 

Doctor Faustus
 Jun 10 2015, 08:46:00 PM

Wondering if there are any early reports about Chris Noth in Doctor Faustus at the CSC?

The Visit Previews * Spoiler Alert*
 Apr 10 2015, 08:49:52 PM

I have to second that thought.  When she walked no the stage in the Rink, it was like they turned the lights on!! I'm not sure though, that she is enough to save this one.

There is still a missing piece that doesn't bring this allegorical play to your soul in the way that Fun Home does.

IMHO

Alan

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You