pixeltracker

Hamilton Original Cast & Understudies

Hamilton Original Cast & Understudies

thisisausername
#1Hamilton Original Cast & Understudies
Posted: 12/16/15 at 1:11pm

I've read on this forum that the cast most likely has one year contracts, but does anyone know if that's from the 7/13 preview date or 8/6 opening night date? I'm looking at tickets in late June or mid-July and was wondering if that made a difference in terms of if the original cast might be there. (Also, does anyone have any insight on which seats are better: ORCH Right, Row A, Seats 2 & 4 or seats in ORCH Center Rows J or K)?

I don't mind seeing Javier instead of Lin since I've heard he's equally as fantastic, but has anyone seen any of the understudies for the other roles? I'd be particularly sad about missing Daveed Diggs, Chris Jackson or Leslie Odom Jr., and I haven't really read any reviews about their understudies.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#2Hamilton Original Cast & Understudies
Posted: 12/16/15 at 1:14pm

Hamilton is a potentially strange case, since their contracts will also end right after they (presumably) take home a boatload of Tonys, which would seem to make producers inclined to get people to extend further, if not for a whole extra year at least a few more months.

neonlightsxo
#3Hamilton Original Cast & Understudies
Posted: 12/16/15 at 1:45pm

haterobics might be right, but why did you wait? If you really wanted to see the entire original cast, why did you wait a year? So many people are asking this and I don't understand.

thisisausername
#4Hamilton Original Cast & Understudies
Posted: 12/16/15 at 1:51pm

neonlightsxo said: "haterobics might be right, but why did you wait? If you really wanted to see the entire original cast, why did you wait a year? So many people are asking this and I don't understand."

Because I didn't become aware of the show until after all of the tickets for 2015 and early 2016 were sold out. Also, because I needed to save money to fund a trip to NY. 

funhamilton_rent
#5Hamilton Original Cast & Understudies
Posted: 12/16/15 at 3:32pm

I would say that most of the OBC will still be in Hamilton AT LEAST through next August. Also, Row J/K Center would be eons better. Row A is too close (I haven't sat there but it's the same case for most shows).

AlanR2 Profile Photo
AlanR2
#6Hamilton Original Cast & Understudies
Posted: 12/16/15 at 8:23pm

The Hamilton website notes that Javier will play the Saturday matinees from March 28 to Sept 3, 2016.  That would suggest Lin in the lead until that date is planned.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#7Hamilton Original Cast & Understudies
Posted: 12/16/15 at 9:09pm

AlanR2 said: "The Hamilton website notes that Javier will play the Saturday matinees from March 28 to Sept 3, 2016.  That would suggest Lin in the lead until that date is planned."

Wouldn't that just tell us that's when Javier is planned to stay with the show? Not necessarily Lin. Unless someone has a copy of Javier's contract, it's not certain he's to replace Lin. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

thisisausername
#8Hamilton Original Cast & Understudies
Posted: 12/17/15 at 9:26am

funhamilton_rent said: "I would say that most of the OBC will still be in Hamilton AT LEAST through next August. Also, Row J/K Center would be eons better. Row A is too close (I haven't sat there but it's the same case for most shows)."

I assumed that the OBC would be there through next August, but I know late show dates aren't usually announced that far in advance, so I didn't want to take chances (and honestly, I don't blame the cast for wanting to leave after so long). I'm sad I didn't know about the show when it was off-Broadway or when tickets were still available for early 2016, but oh well, that's life.

Is Row A too close to see the entire stage? I've never been to the Richard Rodgers, only a few other theatres, but I've always been up in the mezzanine. I wouldn't mind being so close since I would like to see all the facial expressions, but I'd be most worried about missing any actions at the far back or edges of the stage. 

FindingNamo
#9Hamilton Original Cast & Understudies
Posted: 12/17/15 at 9:38am

It has not already been quietly stated that Miranda is there til July and then going to work on the prep of the Chicago company?  I thought it was.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Videos