News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AnarchyinthePreK

AnarchyinthePreK Profile Photo
Member Name: AnarchyinthePreK
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Health dining near the theater district
 May 18 2023, 06:49:23 PM

Thanks everyone! 

It sounds like there will be plenty of choices. During my past trips, since I was on vacation, I ate whatever I wanted with no thought to making healthful choices, I remember seeing salad bard, but having names I can put into my maps app and see what is nearby will be super helpful.

Health dining near the theater district
 May 18 2023, 05:56:54 PM

Hi,

I am getting ready for my next theater trip - 6 shows in 4 days - and stressed out about dining options. I am coming off major issues with stomach cancer and can not tolerate fried or fatty food at all. I would 100% end up back in the hospital.  Any good salad bars or other health options near the district? I am willing to venture away, and prefer to get away from Time Square,  as long as I have the time.

Any tips are greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

Thursday/Friday Matinees?
 May 3 2023, 11:56:00 PM

I’m taking my first trip to NY in over a year (which is a huge gap for me) and have all my shows booked. Is there anything interesting off Broadway that has a Thursday or Friday matinee? This would be on May 25/26.

Thanks!

AMERICAN PSYCHO Previews
 Mar 21 2016, 12:39:48 AM

including the positive notices from the London production?

AMERICAN PSYCHO Previews
 Mar 20 2016, 02:01:31 PM

Yes! I will be there Thursday - planned a trip to see a week worth of shows around this. AP is my favorite book and i love the film - I have avoided almost all spoilers about the production and am sure curious what they do with it. 

Long Day's Journey...Question?
 Feb 15 2016, 06:47:08 PM

Tickets are on sale until the end of June - is there a possibility of an extension or is this a strictly limited run? It starts the week after I'll be in town but I am hoping to be back that the end of July to see God Bless You Mr. Rosewater...

Red Speedo @ NYTW
 Jan 19 2016, 06:43:08 PM

Has anyone heard about the casting for Red Speedo? Rehearsals started last week but I can't find any info. NYTW kept pushing the date tickets went on sale back but they are available as of today. 

1 ticket avail for Lazarus tonight
 Dec 17 2015, 04:35:39 PM

Everyone wants it for free - come one people it's a sold out run. First reasonable offer gets it. Message me.

1 ticket avail for Lazarus tonight
 Dec 17 2015, 11:38:26 AM

send me a message if you want it. 

King Charles $37 ticket?
 Dec 13 2015, 01:39:34 PM

Has any one sat in the $37 seats for KC3? How is the view? The are the top 2 rows of the mezzanine off to the sides.

54 Below question
 Dec 7 2015, 09:53:11 AM

Thanks everyone for the thoughtful replies! Sounds like it will be fine either way. I will probably be in desperate need of a good time as I am seeing China Doll earlier in the night (bought my ticket before previews started).

54 Below question
 Dec 7 2015, 04:10:44 AM

Thanks guys! Not sure why but the seating chart intimidated me. 

54 Below question
 Dec 7 2015, 03:10:08 AM

I am traveling to NY from Portland for one of my theater trips (this one solo). I go to broadway and off broadway sows alone fairly often so I am used. I just bought a ticket to the Josie and the Pussycats show at 54 below - the seating looks like all tables for groups is there a bar or other seating someone alone can sit at and not feel weird? 

Tranatlantic transfer - not as one way as you'd think
 Oct 16 2015, 10:34:51 AM

Ok, but just to be clear nobody thinks its one way. 

Hamilton Box Seats
 Oct 13 2015, 01:43:26 AM

I agree the boxes are pretty great. Not the best in the house but being able to see tears running down the actors cheeks is pretty great and not something you could see from the rear. I think the staging is fine from that view.  

black and white playbills?
 Oct 11 2015, 05:54:13 PM

if you go to a production that has switched to b&w and you would like a color one for a keepsake you can usually find one on eBay for a couple dollars. 

black and white playbills?
 Oct 11 2015, 05:45:17 PM

not sure what you are on about. as I glance to my collection of framed playbills over 50% of them are b&w none from the past couple of months. a lot of shows switch to b&w as some point in their run and some have a b&w from the start. While that is true it is not something that started happening in the last few months.

Weird experience over the phone with New York Theatre Workshop
 Oct 7 2015, 09:40:33 AM

Most of the performances are not sold out due to subscribers - the show will sell out extremely fast but tickets will be going on sale today.

Ticket Price Data
 Oct 6 2015, 03:47:59 PM

Three that I remeber from my last trip:

Curious Incident - $27

Fun Home - $119

Hamilton - $220

Broadway - UK Imports
 Oct 5 2015, 01:24:58 AM

The Young Vic production of AVFTB is amazing. The best production of a Miller play I have ever seen. Choose the "on stage seating" for a totally immersive experience. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You