News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for catalana3

Member Name: catalana3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
 Jul 20 2022, 12:00:33 PM

When do previews end?

2022-2023 Touring Season
 Jun 23 2022, 03:43:47 PM

angoradebs said: "I'm in the Cincy market as well, I'm not sure I'll see JLP, but I'm definitely more likely to go to that than Beautiful. Still bummed about Six - how does Appleton get Six before Cincinnati?!"

I am getting a little tired of them dangling hot shows in front of us for the season after next season. They did that with Hadestown last year and Six this year. Seems like they give us just enough to satisfy but not everything at once. But by

2022-2023 Touring Season
 Jun 22 2022, 10:44:03 PM

Did The Prom cancel the entire tour?

Cincinnati just got notified that Beautiful has canceled and has been replaced by Jagged Little Pill, which seems like a much better fit. 

Moulin Rouge Previews
 Jul 30 2019, 01:30:54 PM
What has Aaron and Karen’s track record been? Are they going in for all performances including matinees?
Why Are So Many Broadway Shows Closing: Katherine Steele: YouTube
 Jul 25 2019, 05:34:40 PM
I guess it’s nice it is to see a discussion about Broadway financials on a popular forum like YouTube. I do take issue with the notion that non-union shows provided better access. Most Broadway Across America markets package these right next to union shows and charge the same amount for tickets.
Will Mean Girls DISCOUNT?
 Feb 4 2018, 01:09:11 PM

I'm looking at ORCH J 14-16. Does anyone know how bad that view is from the far side in this theatre? I could move 3-4 rows back and so 10-12 if it's very limited. Thoughts?

The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
 Jan 30 2018, 11:06:09 AM

BroadwayAndSports said: "catalana3 said: "If sitting that close, if given the option, would you rather sit house left it right? Is one side more advantageous?"

The right side of the theater (stage left) is definitely better.
"

Thank you! Naturally, I hours before this message I booked third-row stage right. Oh well, I'm sure it will be good.

Jan 28 2018, 09:11:55 PM
If sitting that close, if given the option, would you rather sit house left it right? Is one side more advantageous?
 Jan 24 2018, 11:41:43 AM

They are now selling the very last seats from about row A to about halfway back in the orchestra, and the very end seats in the front mezz, for $80 ea. I'm debating if I want to be as close as possible and miss the sides or have a center rear mezz view for about the same price.

Jan 23 2018, 09:37:13 AM

It looks like they are selling the rush seats for $80 when I want to go in March. If you had your choice of any of the rush seats what would you pick? Close up like row b or futher back like row h. Or should I sit up in the rear mezz for same price? Thanks!

Jan 17 2018, 12:15:59 PM

DRSisLove said: "If you look in the last 2 rows of the mezzon the extreme side, I am seeing seats for 79.50."

Darn. Sold out for the one I can attend.

THE BAND's VISIT Reviews
 Jan 17 2018, 12:15:12 PM

Thank you. Yes, I was wondering about the far sides of the balcony or the orchestra. I'm torn. Do we sit in the front orchestra sides, piggyback sides of the front mezz, or the best seats (center) in the second mezz? I'm trying to stay under $100 ea. For reference: 

Jan 16 2018, 02:12:51 PM

I noticed that there is now space for a "promotions and special offers" code listed on Ticketmaster. Is it just me or are preview tickets absurdly expensive? Has anyone heard of a discount update?

THE BAND's VISIT Reviews
 Jan 16 2018, 11:19:04 AM

Just how bad are these seats? If I want to spend $100 or less, should I just go with the rear mezz? Far sides in the orchestra seem really bad. I'm holding out hope for a discount code. Want to attend in March. 

Reidel on 42ND STREET Revivals Eyeing Broadway
 Jan 8 2018, 10:59:36 AM

When I see that West End trailer, it just screams "blah." What I would expect. Another tv ad promoting a large cast and orchestra. I thought the Chicago production was exceptional. Over half the leads in the Chicago production are actors of color. That's so important. That trailer does nothing to convey the quality of tap and jazz dance in this production. Kimberly Immanuel has such a bright future. Phillip Attmore knows how to own the stage. "We're in the Mon

Swap December for March ?
 Aug 28 2017, 03:17:04 PM

I have four tickets in the rear mezz, on the aisle, for the December 20th matinee. I would like exchange two of them for two tickets to a show in March. Ideally, it would be sometime around the week of March 19th. Please message or reply on here and I can chat more with you.

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
 Mar 30 2017, 09:49:12 AM

Scarywarhol said: "Surely everyone involved in this realized that the Chocolate Room had to be absolutely spectacular. Like, surely it is understood that everyone potentially driving a core audience for this show wants to see that. What the hell. 

"

I disagree with most of the comments that say that this is a high school production, but the chocolate room is so underwhelming, as is the way Agustus falls into the river. I get that every

Mar 29 2017, 12:47:49 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "wssinsider said: "Valurca Salt. The squirrels come out with her limbs and her head."

Omg NO.
"

The audience around me gasped at this and didn't entirely know how to react. I think this may need to change. 

Mar 29 2017, 09:45:36 AM

Babe_Williams said: "ntrackbar said: "Thanks for posting the song list, catalana3.

It strikes me very odd that they don't get to "I've Got a Golden Ticket" until the end of Act I. Maybe I am misremembering the story, but that feels like an awfully long time to wait for Charlie to find his ticket. 

"

I was thinking the same! You would think he would get right to the ticket and the maj

Mar 29 2017, 07:48:28 AM

For those wondering, here's last night's list. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You