Will Mean Girls DISCOUNT?

BroadwayLuv2 Profile Photo
BroadwayLuv2
#1Will Mean Girls DISCOUNT?
Posted: 9/30/17 at 11:40am

Mean Girls is at the top of my list for the spring.  Does anyone think that they will be offering a discount code for this show at some point?  Either via mailer or the online sites (Theater Mania/BroadwayBox/Playbill)?  

Tickets go on sale this week but ideally I'd like to wait it out to see if discounts become available as tickets seem to be on the pricier side for this. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Will Mean Girls DISCOUNT?
Posted: 9/30/17 at 12:35pm

It strictly depends on how sales go.   I'd say there might not be any for a few months, but one just never knows.   Discounts might arrive in a week, a month -- or if its the next DEH , never.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#3Will Mean Girls DISCOUNT?
Posted: 9/30/17 at 12:40pm

No, it won't. Just buy a backrow ticket.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#4Will Mean Girls DISCOUNT?
Posted: 9/30/17 at 2:24pm

Every show discounts at some point in its run...

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#5Will Mean Girls DISCOUNT?
Posted: 10/1/17 at 12:34am

I'd wait to see how the DC run goes. If the reviews are so-so to bad then I have a feeling it will have a discount at some point.

as for DEH, the only discount I ever saw for that show is during Broadway week back in late Jan and early feb.... so yes even DEH had a discount!

BwayinVan
#6Will Mean Girls DISCOUNT?
Posted: 10/1/17 at 2:30am

Wick3 said: "I'd wait to see how the DC run goes. If the reviews are so-so to bad then I have a feeling it will have a discount at some point.

as for DEH, the only discount I ever saw for that show is during Broadway week back in late Jan and early feb.... so yes even DEH had a discount!
"

I still have to chuckle to think that I saw DEH off Broadway with a discount. A year later...paid almost 3 times the amount for a standard ticket 

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#7Will Mean Girls DISCOUNT?
Posted: 10/2/17 at 10:31am

The pricing on this show is crazy - the lowest ticket offered is $99.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

KitKatBoy24 Profile Photo
KitKatBoy24
#8Will Mean Girls DISCOUNT?
Posted: 10/2/17 at 11:11am

This is repulsive!  I can't believe the lowest price is $99, but its true.  Last row all the way to the side.... $99. 

"In here, life is beautiful"

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#9Will Mean Girls DISCOUNT?
Posted: 10/2/17 at 11:34am

Cheapest is $99? I'll go see Spongebob instead... 

KitKatBoy24 Profile Photo
KitKatBoy24
#10Will Mean Girls DISCOUNT?
Posted: 10/2/17 at 11:44am

Raise your hand if you've ever felt personally victimized by Lorne Michael's ticket prices

"In here, life is beautiful"

IdinaBellFoster
#11Will Mean Girls DISCOUNT?
Posted: 10/2/17 at 12:47pm

The rear mezz is $99 - all of it. I'm a HUGE fan of the movie and even I'm hesitant. 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#12Will Mean Girls DISCOUNT?
Posted: 10/2/17 at 1:01pm

Looks like I'll be second acting for the first time in 35 years.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#13Will Mean Girls DISCOUNT?
Posted: 10/2/17 at 1:38pm

IdinaBellFoster said: "The rear mezz is $99 - all of it. I'm a HUGE fan of the movie and even I'm hesitant."

This is only relevant if it sells out. The show doesn't even start for six months. If enough people think $99 is too high, then you will get them cheaper...

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#14Will Mean Girls DISCOUNT?
Posted: 10/2/17 at 1:41pm

nrocke731 said: "Raise your hand if you've ever felt personally victimized by Lorne Michael's ticket prices"

HAHAH this really tickled me.

I'm glad I'm going to see it in DC -- I paid way less for much better seats.

Relevance81491
#15Will Mean Girls DISCOUNT?
Posted: 10/3/17 at 10:54am

anyone going to the Box Office event today, please report back and let me know if you have extra swag you would be willing to sell

mattyp4
#16Will Mean Girls DISCOUNT?
Posted: 10/3/17 at 1:48pm

Relevance81491 said: "anyone going to the Box Office event today, please report back and let me know if you have extra swag you would be willing to sell"

I've got some cold uneaten cheese fries I'm willing to part with.

catalana3
#17Will Mean Girls DISCOUNT?
Posted: 1/16/18 at 2:12pm

I noticed that there is now space for a "promotions and special offers" code listed on Ticketmaster. Is it just me or are preview tickets absurdly expensive? Has anyone heard of a discount update?

IdinaBellFoster
#18Will Mean Girls DISCOUNT?
Posted: 1/16/18 at 2:24pm

If you have Audience Rewards points they had a discount deal there, but that's about it. I bit the bullet and bought them that way.

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#19Will Mean Girls DISCOUNT?
Posted: 1/16/18 at 2:34pm

If you look in the last 2 rows of the mezz on the extreme side, I am seeing seats for 79.50.

catalana3
#20Will Mean Girls DISCOUNT?
Posted: 1/17/18 at 12:15pm

DRSisLove said: "If you look in the last 2 rows of the mezzon the extreme side, I am seeing seats for 79.50."

Darn. Sold out for the one I can attend.

rosemonday
#21Will Mean Girls DISCOUNT?
Posted: 2/1/18 at 8:48pm

I just purchased a discounted orchestra seat ($129 instead of $169) with the code 'MGMAIL' 

My friend sent me the code after she got a flyer in the mail so I don't have all the info but it works for Monday-Thursday performances!

Really glad I got some sort of a discount as those tickets are pricey

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#22Will Mean Girls DISCOUNT?
Posted: 2/1/18 at 11:15pm

Thanks for the code!

nycward
#23Will Mean Girls DISCOUNT?
Posted: 2/2/18 at 11:50am

actually using the code MGMAIL I got side orchestra 10th row for $129. Considering the current pricing on Broadway (I paid $800 for a pair of tix for Harry Potter for chrissakes!) that seems okay. Without unlimited funds One just has to pick and chose the ways to feed our Broadway addiction :)

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#24Will Mean Girls DISCOUNT?
Posted: 2/2/18 at 12:39pm

Just got side orch 8th row for 5/1. Thanks for the code. 

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#25Will Mean Girls DISCOUNT?
Posted: 2/2/18 at 1:07pm

Looks like it is only valid through May 3rd.

Videos