News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for harrisbenjaminco

harrisbenjaminco Profile Photo
Member Name: harrisbenjaminco
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Worst stage door experience
 Dec 23 2017, 02:45:59 PM
That time some random lady punched three people at the deaf West spring Awakening stage door screaming racial slurs was an experience
The nervous set
 Nov 8 2017, 09:24:54 AM
Is it weird if I can't find who owns the rights anywhere
The nervous set
 Nov 8 2017, 08:17:27 AM
I am absolutely in love with the 1959 musical The Nervous Set but can't find the sheet music anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find this?
Is Parade due for a Broadway revival?
 Dec 18 2016, 04:35:36 PM

What about a movie? I feel like movies are given more freedom to be darker...I would love a revival but god this show is depressing. I'm a Jewish man from Georgia so I love this show but it's a hard sell. With the movie musical making a resurgence I think this would be a fabulous property to convert to cinema

Christopher Sieber, Brooks Ashmanskas, Beth Leavel & More Will Star in Broadway-Bound THE PROM
 Aug 29 2016, 08:32:49 PM

Just saw this musical in Atlanta, not my favorite but it has potential...any other thoughts? I'm not sure it could do Broadway....

Most Demanding Role
 Jul 29 2016, 12:08:50 PM

Kim in miss Saigon. I just re listened to the cast recording and GOD the emotional barrage that show is! 

Need help with a play
 Nov 25 2015, 07:23:52 PM

Also, thanks again everyone for being so helpful! This is why I love these messages boards :)

Need help with a play
 Nov 25 2015, 07:19:30 PM

Mental illness is more the villain :)

Need help with a play
 Nov 25 2015, 07:08:06 PM

Im Trying not to portray him as the villain. I've seen plays do that with mental illness but I definitely won't deny the pain in the ass he is. One aspect of my play is the effect on the family and that can definitely include frustration. He's not perfect, but he's not a villain

Need help with a play
 Nov 25 2015, 05:47:29 PM

Live in Atlanta lol. But I'll read it :)

Need help with a play
 Nov 25 2015, 05:32:49 PM

Charley, I agree with you. I am very sympathetic to people with mental illness. I've lived it. I would never do a " sideshow" . my goal is to bring attention to the humanity of mentalillness, but while this humanity exists in the afflicted person, it does not change the fact that those immediately involved are affected incredibly. My personal experience has taught me this. Also, the statement about all the plays being melodramas: I am writing from the perspective of a normal fam

Need help with a play
 Nov 25 2015, 04:01:22 PM

Also thanks luminous. I'll check that out

Need help with a play
 Nov 25 2015, 04:00:19 PM

Thanks so much Charley kringas Inc :). Do you have any specific books of his you would recommend I'd read?

Need help with a play
 Nov 25 2015, 03:38:43 PM

I was just looking at ways to right mental illness, and I'll definitely use a lot of my experience I just wanted to get ideas from other playwrights to see how they do it. I picked up the Tennessee Williams books cuz I looked up plays about mental illness and those showed up :) . again, thanks for all the help. I'm also documenting the process and I needed some resources from other plays. That's why I'm reading all these. It's a school project but I wanted to do it before I was assigned this thing so im doing it with my heart but also have to analyze some things cuz school

Need help with a play
 Nov 25 2015, 03:29:08 PM

Thanks for the awesome suggestions jpeterman but I don't want to villafy mental illness. The play is going to be semi autobiographical and I don't want my brother to be a villain :). I'll look into the others though

Need help with a play
 Nov 25 2015, 03:12:01 PM

The question marks are smiley faces :)

Need help with a play
 Nov 25 2015, 03:04:37 PM

I am planning on writing a play about mental illness and its effects on the individual units of a family. I want to analyze theater that addresses similar ideas of mental illness or just mental illness in general so I have an idea on how to write about this taboo subject. I KNOW NEXT TO NORMAL IS GREAT, but I'm looking for straight plays. I don't have have the musical capability to write something like that ?? so far I have proof by David auburn, Equus by Peter Shaffer, the glass mena

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/22/15
 Nov 23 2015, 09:25:34 PM

I'm bad at understanding these grosses charts but does this mean spring awakening is doing better? Cuz if so... Yay! :) I mean still not great but improvement is nice

BROADWAY THINGS: Wherein we confess our controversial opinions
 Nov 23 2015, 05:56:06 PM

I am kind of falling in love with Carrie the musical and I think the duets between Carrie and her mom are bad ass.

Broadway Halloween costumes
 Nov 1 2015, 05:26:27 PM

Anyone have pictures?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You