News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ali333

Member Name: Ali333
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

FOLLIES at Repertory Theatre of St. Louis
 Jul 7 2016, 01:42:36 PM

Yes. Fantastic cast. 

Touring Season 2016-2017
 Mar 21 2016, 02:52:12 PM

The Fox Theatre in St. Louis announced a few days ago. 

Broadway Series:

A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder • Sept 13-25, 2016 

Fun Home • Nov 15-27, 2016 

Finding Neverland • Dec 6-18, 2016

An American in Paris • Jan 17-29, 20217

Something Rotten! • Feb 7-19, 2017

Cabaret • March 7-19, 2017

Additional Sh

Musicals Most Love But You Don't
 Sep 12 2015, 06:30:29 PM

"The Lion King"

Finding Neverland
 Aug 18 2015, 03:16:33 PM

"As far as grosses, I don't think they have anything to worry about. Morrison's contracted through January, so it'll be interesting to see what will happen after that."

We saw the show last week. I thought it was okay but my daughters (aged 18 and 20) loved it. What surprised me most was the audience reaction, especially to Morrison. He received huge entrance applause and the audience went nuts for everything, so much so that I found myself

MUNY 2015
 Jul 20 2015, 10:28:01 AM

"Well, I just grabbed a seat smack in the middle of A4 for this Friday night! Honestly, I can hardly wait! I doubt there is one, but is there such thing as a stage door at the Muny? I'd love to try and get pictures with Erin Dilly, Rob McClure, and Heather Headley. "

Yes there is! I have never stopped there but I know many people who have. Rob definitely signs and I'm sure many of the others will too.

Leave the theatre on the r

MUNY 2015
 Jul 12 2015, 12:02:50 PM

I would go with A4 Row J. The other seats are closer but very far left and right. The Muny stage is HUGE (picture a stage the size of a football field) and I'm not sure how easy it will be to see well from those seats. I've never sat that far to either side.

My season tickets are A6 Row F and they have a fantastic view of the stage. You won't be able to see expressions, etc, very easily but overall it's a great view.

Enjoy the show! We loved Holiday Inn. Patti

Hairspray @ The Muny
 Jun 26 2015, 08:01:24 PM

Since you mentioned Liz Mikel I thought you may want to hear her sing the National Anthem at the Cardinal game:

https://youtu.be/eghz_VVkQzk

I'm also seeing the show Monday night but friends who have seen it were impressed with her performance. Also noteworthy was 10 year old Kennedy Holmes who plays Little Inez. Apparently she was amazing and stole the show. 

AMAZING GRACE Previews
 Jun 25 2015, 03:02:46 PM

"Ali - can you ask your boss if any changes were made from out of town tryouts to broadway?"

Oh if only that were the case! You bet I would.

I've lurked here long enough to know the drill. A new member who posts about a new show on the day of its first preview must be a shill. Actually I'm a St. Louisan who finally signed up to reply to a Muny question and then added the St. Louis national tour info before r

AMAZING GRACE Previews
 Jun 25 2015, 02:48:37 PM

"Ali333, do you happen to remember the running time?"

I thought it was around 2.5 hours but since they're changing the story I'm not sure that will be helpful to you.

AMAZING GRACE Previews
 Jun 25 2015, 01:27:50 PM

I am as well. We loved the show in Chicago. I enjoy a redemption story and one based on a real person makes it more impactful to me. John Newton did some vile things in his life and they didn't sugar coat them. The slave trade was horrific and seeing it depicted live was painful to watch. Newton acted out of ignorance and fear and was just charming enough for me to become invested in his story (admittedly knowing the ending helped.) I find it encouraging and uplifting that Newton could c

2015-2016 touring seasons
 Jun 25 2015, 09:45:13 AM

St. Louis:

Broadway Series:

Matilda

Newsies

Beautiful

If / Then

Bridges

Sound of Music

Broadway Specials:

Mamma Mia

Irving Berlin's White Christmas

Cirque Dreams Holidaze

Wicked

Riverdance

Disney's Beauty and the Beast

Jersey Boys

MUNY 2015
 Jun 25 2015, 09:33:35 AM

I'm a Muny season ticket holder but not seeing the show until Monday. Friends have seen "Hairspray" and loved it but I think you'll love "Into The Woods." Mike Isaacson has done an incredible job the past few years. The production values and talent are outstanding. I've thoroughly enjoyed every show since he's been Artistic Director and Executive Producer - even those which are not my favorite shows. Rob McClure has been fantastic in every show at the Muny. I can't wait to see his B

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You