News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for FranklinShepard_Inc

Member Name: FranklinShepard_Inc
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Ryan & Uzele to lead NEW YORK, NEW YORK On Broadway
 Mar 25 2023, 12:28:43 AM

If anyone goes in expecting "Happy Endings" to be a showstopper, don't. All of 5 people on the planet care.

But if you go in wanting a big, splashy original, yet classic musical with heart and style, you will not be disappointed.

Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023
 Mar 15 2023, 11:23:13 PM

"This was some of the most hateful white-phobic pieces of work i’ve seen. I’m not white but it was 3 hours of beating a dead horse. There is no way anyone else would get away with it if they were making these type of comments about African Americans or African American stereotypes."

I love this comment because this is exactly the sort of nonsensical thinking MRJ is skewering. The show is indeed too long and all over the place, but it takes modern concepts of B

Wedding Band by Alice Childress at TFANA
 Apr 30 2022, 11:01:56 PM

Synecdoche2, I saw this on Thursday and agree with you up to a point:

The script is outstanding.

THE SKIN OF OUR TEETH Previews
 Apr 20 2022, 11:02:39 AM

inception said:
Would these be subscribers? Or people who got discount tickets, but didn't know the play & didn't realize what they were getting themselves in for?

I wonder if anyone walked out of early previews when this originally played Broadway with Frederich March & Tallulah Bankhead? What I would give to have been able to see Montgomery Clift in that cast as well!

What about when it played London in '46 with Vivien Leigh as Sabina? Did

THE SKIN OF OUR TEETH Previews
 Apr 20 2022, 12:08:36 AM

Saw this tonight. The material is, of course, brilliant, but this production is mainly a miss, with the exception of a stellar third act. The tone of THE SKIN OF OUR TEETH is notoriously hard, and Blain-Cruz does not land it. The production does not trust the text and tries to be a broad 50s TV situation comedy in the first two acts. It's absurdist, but it's not supposed to be a wacky comedy.  The production, in an attempt to heighten the meta-ness, mistakenly acts "in quote

Encores! Little Shop of Horrors Review Thread
 Jun 30 2015, 11:29:13 PM

There was an invited dress rehearsal to fill the house, per usual Encores style? That saps the event and anticipation out of tomorrow's performance. I guess tomorrow's audience won't be the "first" to see Ellen return to the role. That's a big reason folks bought tickets.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You