pixeltracker

Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023

Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023

JasonC3
TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
bekk99 Profile Photo
bekk99
#4Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023
Posted: 9/13/22 at 2:47pm

Anyone have any casting insights? I know there was a lab recently.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#5Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023
Posted: 9/13/22 at 2:56pm

OMG OMG OMG!!!

New MRJ directed by Lileana Blain-Cruz!?!?!?! Christmas has come early for me!!!

Sadly, I won't be in the city for most of next spring, but I will be impatiently awaiting late May! 

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#6Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023
Posted: 9/13/22 at 3:36pm

This creative team alone is already making this a must-see for me.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#7Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023
Posted: 9/13/22 at 7:33pm

Sounds like a fun wacky musical. I'm into it. 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#8Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023
Posted: 9/13/22 at 7:44pm

I’m really excited to see what a director like Blain-Cruz does for Jackson’s style. The only thing I’ve seen from Jackson is A Strange Loop (like most of us, I’m guessing) and I’m very much not a fan of Stephen Brackett.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#9Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023
Posted: 9/13/22 at 7:49pm

Considering how obsessed with A STRANGE LOOP I am, I've been chomping at the bit for this ever since MRJ started teasing it on his Instagram. I thought it was actually not going to happen for a while so this is certainly a lovely surprise and you bet your buns I'm gonna be there.

It does make me think though if ASL will still be running by the time this opens or will it close in January (or earlier) like some prognosticators have mentioned and this new show may poach some of that cast.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#10Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023
Posted: 11/18/22 at 11:29am

Audience Rewards presale going on now, using code WGIDREWARDS on the Second Stage website.

broadwayben3
uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#12Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023
Posted: 11/18/22 at 11:56am

Just went looking for tickets. I am assuming the production is using the last two rows as they are not open for sale until after the show opens (At least on the 4 dates I was looking at) so I couldn't find any of the $86.00 seats. 

Just give the world Love.

bekk99 Profile Photo
bekk99
#13Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023
Posted: 11/18/22 at 12:04pm

John-Michael Lyles sang a few songs from the score at a recent benefit.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#14Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023
Posted: 11/18/22 at 12:22pm

Looks like $30 under 30 tickets are also up! Earlier in the run they're front side orchestra and later in the run they're back center. Just bought one for May!

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#15Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023
Posted: 11/18/22 at 6:02pm

uncageg said: "Just went looking for tickets. I am assuming the production is using the last two rows as they are not open for sale until after the show opens (At least on the 4 dates I was looking at) so I couldn't find any of the $86.00 seats."

The $86 seats are actually the front row! Was able to grab a pair for early April.

VintageSnarker
#16Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023
Posted: 11/19/22 at 1:17am

jkcohen626 said: "Looks like $30 under 30 tickets are also up! Earlier in the run they're front side orchestra and later in the run they're back center. Just bought one for May!"

I feel so old. Does anyone know if this is going to be eligible for Vineyard's 40 under 40 and if there's a code yet?

TaffyDavenport
TaffyDavenport
BoringBoredBoard40
EvvieDrake
#20Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023
Posted: 12/4/22 at 3:15pm

Maybe this is impossible to know before it premieres, but has anyone heard any more details that would help me decide whether this show will be suitable for a mid-teenager? She asked to see it and we'd have to plan the trip in advance (hopefully combined with Larissa Fasthorse's Thanksgiving Play). She's very mature, but with A Strange Loop (which she has not seen) I wouldn't want her to see the Inwood scene.

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

A sex scene could be ok, but the emotionally difficult aspects of that particular sex scene are things I hope she won't know about for years to come.

We discuss racism and police violence as a family, so I'm less concerned about her being exposed to themes that she's already reading about online.

LuPita2 Profile Photo
LuPita2
quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#23Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023
Posted: 1/30/23 at 2:05pm

Per James Jackson, Jr, he said on Instagram Live today that the first few previews will probably have a lot of material that may end up being cut or changed, so if you want to see a unique version of the show, the first previews are the place to be

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

inception Profile Photo
inception
#24Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023
Posted: 1/30/23 at 3:46pm

I hope they are comping you some tickets Quizking based on how much you attended & did promo through your posts for A Strange Loop 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#25Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023
Posted: 1/30/23 at 3:53pm

Anything MRJ writes, I'm there. Excited for this one! And I hear we'll get his next musical, TEETH (for which he wrote just book & lyrics) next year at Playwrights Horizons.

Updated On: 1/30/23 at 03:53 PM