News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mommabears2

Member Name: mommabears2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
 Jul 5 2015, 04:30:42 PM

MICHAEL CERVERIS!  At the last minute he filled in as host for the National High School Music Theatre Awards. He was so kind and encouraging to all of the kids there. We saw him after Fun Home too - just a genuinely kind heart, I was so impressed by him. 

Laurie Veldheer, Clay Thomson, Ann Nathan, Chris Rice, AJ Holmes, all of the Broadway Matilda kids (too many to mention!), Beth Malone, Sydney Lucas, Emily Skeggs, Roberta Colindrez, Zell Morrow, Joel Perez, Oscar Willia

Fun Home Seating Question
 Jul 5 2015, 03:31:33 PM

Just saw this on Tuesday night, row E.  It is a VERY small house - I don't think there is a bad seat in the house.  One of the most powerful shows I've ever seen. I cannot recommend this show enough. Don't miss it.

Matilda for young kids
 Jul 5 2015, 03:23:53 PM

"We're coming to NY end of the summer and we always see at least one musical.  My DS10 has read Matilda at school and also has seen the movie so this seems like a good one for him.
I'm trying to decide for DD6, and it's between Matilda (so we all go as a family) or seeing Wicked again (she saw it last year and loved it). 
I've seen clips on youtube and it seems like a high energy show.
My questions are:
1.  Is the story easily understood for younger kids?
2.  Can you understand them or are their accents too thick?  (my biggest worry)
3.  Is the music catchy?  I personally enjoy musicals where you walk out with the songs in your head.
I've heard that Matilda can be scary for young kids (I think there is a mean teacher?) but my younger one seems to understand the difference between something being real and made up stories.
 "

We LOVE the musical Matilda in our house.  We live in the midwest, but have taken 3 trips to NYC this year for various things.  Every trip, some of my kids have seen Matilda.  My 13 year old daughter, it is one of her favorite shows.  She has now seen it 6 times. LOVES it.  My youngest is 5 - he has seen it twice, also loves the show.  It is coming nearby on tour within the next year - he cannot wait to see it again.  My 20 year old was in NYC a few months ago - wondered if he should see it, was actually a little reluctant to at first.  Also absolutely loved the show.  It's magical.

The story is easier to understand if you are familiar with the music.  Listen to the soundtrack - it will help.  There are some fantastic songs in it.  Naughty.  When I Grow Up. Revolting Children. Quiet. There are quite a few more. Only down side of the show - before returning to kindergarten I had to explain to my son it was not ok to stand on the desks at school and sing Revolting Children.  

If your daughter has seen Wicked - this won't be too scary for her.  It's a magical show. I would advise sitting on the main floor if possible.  Through much of the show, the cast is running through the aisles.  Love seeing it from the main floor.  

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You