News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mehtotheworld

Member Name: mehtotheworld
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018  Jul 29 2017, 11:27:03 AM

JustAFan3 said: "I love Laura Benanti, but I was/am hoping for a fresh face.  Does Broadway usually make cast announcements on TV shows?  It just seems really odd to me.  Has it been done before?  I agree with a former poster - as well known as Laura is in Broadway circles, I doubt the majority of people even know who she is.  Irregardless of who they cast - I will be in attendance!  MFL is one of my favorite shows and I am looking forward to it!  C

BREAKING: Mandy Patinkin Withdraws from THE GREAT COMET  Jul 29 2017, 11:24:47 AM

blaxx said: "VintageSnarker said: "blaxx said: I agree it has nothing to do with racism. This is the case of 'Don't do good things that look bad'. Of course people went nuts and tried to find their own reason behind the action. What I'm saying is that THEY can't be blamed for coming to their own conclusion when the production decided to take the desperate measure. 

The fact that they didn't how awful it would

BREAKING: Mandy Patinkin Withdraws from THE GREAT COMET  Jul 28 2017, 11:55:03 PM

I wasn't very enthused about Oak as a performer after seeing him in Hamilton, so seeing all this support after nothing was said about Brittain was kind of confusing.  Am I the only one who thinks the original announcement did Oak a favor by not calling him out for being less than stellar at selling tickets? I mean, would you rather be known as the guy who had a short stint as Pierre before a bigger name took over or as the guy who was pushed out because his box office draw was nonexi

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018  Jul 28 2017, 11:41:04 PM

I was already planning to stay home from work Monday, so this works out rather well. Really hoping a MFL announcement happens on the show! Laura Benanti could be 65 years old and I'd watch her play Eliza Doolittle.

Bandstand or Miss Saigon  Jun 18 2017, 12:32:56 AM

OlBlueEyes said: "Plus, it stars Laura Osnes, who has a beautiful voice, but a symbol of Broadway whiteness. 
"

What? Are we actually inserting race into this thread?

I was confused not just by that strange comment, but also by the sweeping over of the issues with Miss Saigon! Good lord.

I went into Bandstand thinking it would be hokey, forgettable dribble but came out really liking the show. Corey Cott wasn't bland like I thought he would be and Laura Osnes was just as lovely as I had hoped. It's not all blind patriotism either. Apparently you just need to go in with no expectations like I did and you might like the show.

I went into Miss Saigon thinking I would be bored and snoozing, but it held my attention and I left a bit troubled for so many different reasons (reminder of the US role in Vietnam, asshole Chris, story issues, etc.). The music was beautiful and Eva Noblezada and Jon Jon Briones were amazing. Everything you'd expect from a late '80s/early '90s blockbuster musical.

Like others have said, it really depends on what kind of night you're looking for. Big Broadway spectacle with amazing performances (ignoring the "story issues", go with Miss Saigon. If you're in for a smaller scale show with a lot of heart, go for Bandstand.

Broadway Star Solo Albums  Jun 17 2017, 11:40:32 PM

I really like Jay Armstrong Johnson's Live at Feinstein's/54 Below (for some reason I really loved his version of Rosanna) and Bernadette Peters' Sondheim, Etc. is a classic to me. Laura Benanti's is also cute.

I Want Songs  Jun 17 2017, 10:34:21 PM

Perhaps Gimme Gimme from Thoroughly Modern Millie.

MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?  Jun 17 2017, 10:12:39 PM

People are actually talking about Laura Benanti's age as a negative when there's a possibility of her playing Eliza Doolittle? Good grief! She's got the comedy chops and the singing voice. It should be a no brainer! What "other direction" might people have been talking about when moving away from casting her?

Will THE BANDSTAND open on Broadway?  Mar 16 2017, 12:01:42 AM

Plannietink08 said: "Even with a diverse cast this show would still sound as hideously boring and dull as it does now. Osnes and Cott have the most bland, generic, unexciting musical theatre voices in the business. I'm not sure if it's the average material or their generic sound but that video preview almost sent me into a coma."

I have to agree about Cott, but Laura Osnes makes up for any vocal deficiencies (a point I actually disagree with when the material

Benanti Melania  Nov 10 2016, 09:12:41 PM

Well that doesn't make much sense.

Rent Tour Videos  Oct 9 2016, 10:30:39 PM

I saw it last night and I have to agree with many of the posters that said this was a sub-par production. Roger and Mimi's voices were less than stellar (Roger sounded whiny and Mimi was off key) and everyone just looked amateurish. The audience was really eating it up though, and showed pretty overwhelming approval after most of the songs, to the point of singing along.

Hamilton ticket EXCHANGE thread.. Work it out amongst yourselves here FREE  Jul 19 2015, 09:34:13 PM

I have three tickets for the Saturday November 14 matinee I unfortunately won't be able to use. Orchestra row F seats 107, 108, and 109. PM me if you're interested in buying or have tickets for the week before or after. Thanks!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You