News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for backstageonbroadway

Member Name: backstageonbroadway
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Lottery Shows
 Mar 29 2012, 08:04:34 PM
*double post*

Broadway Lottery Shows
 Mar 29 2012, 08:04:19 PM
You're inviting all of Broadwayworld to join you, that's well over 1000 people. Bring some friends with you for help, don't make a group on the internet.

Anything Goes show time
 Feb 28 2012, 12:13:07 AM
I saw the show last Wednesday night. Showtime was at 8 and seeing as I read online that the show was 2h45m plus a 15 min intermission I was prepared to miss my 11:06 train. However, we got out at exactly 10:45! So the intermission was included in the 2h45min. :)
Hair Lotto - Summer of Love
 Aug 3 2011, 12:04:51 PM
The first time I did the lottery it was the girl (which is when we lost due to sharpie girl & company), the second time I did it the guy was running it and I agree, he ran it extremely fair and did not purposefully pick people. I hope they do not take away the lottery either, but I think the problem is the specific person running it (the girl, not the guy), not the fans themselves.
Sister Act Rush
 Aug 3 2011, 02:24:42 AM
I've gone twice..once on a wednesday looking for a matinee ticket and once on a thursday looking for a night ticket. both times got to the b/o around 10:30 and they didn't have rush tickets left. not sure that helps, but i'm assuming that many people start to line up relatively early.
 Aug 3 2011, 02:21:37 AM
I've seen someone write their name in sharpie too, that person CLEARLY knows the girl running the lottery and the girl running the lottery CLEARLY picked the girl intentionally. so unfair. she also picked all the girls friends too - which was obvious because there weren't that many people there and everyone who won were all friends with eachother! my friend who entered with me looked at me and rolled her eyes then said "well that wasn't rigged, at all" with the most sarcastic voice ever. i hate
 Jul 19 2011, 10:56:37 AM
Does anyone know how the lottery is for a Wednesday night performance? I wanted to try for the matinee but my friend doesn't get out of work until 6pm, so we are trying to see the night show instead. If we don't win we will buy tickets but she's never seen it before so I want her to have great seats (ala, lottery.) So, anyone know how it's been Wednesday nights? Also, is there any specific order in which they give out the seats? Like first few winners get front row, last few get 2nd row? Or is i
How was HAIR tonight??
 Jul 9 2011, 01:23:17 PM
I would think that the main reason John got that tribe track over Larkin is because has been with the role forever. He did it in the park, on Broadway (Larkin replaced his track when the Aquarius tribe went across the pond), and in London, so why would they change his part that he's always had just to give it to Larkin who only had it once. I mean, I don't get why they wouldn't just give him a different tribe track, maybe because the stage would collapse with all that curly hair between him and john moauro..lol jk..but I don't think a swing role is a demotion.
http://broadwayworld.com/people/Larkin_Bogan/
(looks like he has only done HAIR, though it doesn't list if he did any regional or off broadway)

HAIR Seat Removal...Anyone else have this problem?
 Jun 30 2011, 12:54:55 PM
I feel like they wouldn't sell the front row center for the lottery, seeing as for their previous Broadway engagement those were sold at a premium price. I mean, what do I know, but it just seems odd. We all know what type of show this is and how the best seats ARE the front row. I don't see them selling them for only $27, though that would be amazing...

Jun 29 2011, 09:14:41 AM
I just got off the phone with them - only took 10 minutes =)
I received row A seats 113 and 114 after previously having A 1 and 3. She said it was the 3rd row. I said "I heard it was the first and they were taking out AA and BB". she didn't think so, which pissed me off considering i was basiclaly in the front row nad now I'm in the 3rd..but they were very helpful and said that they are giving these seats to everyone having this problem. she said they only have certain seats they can give pe

Jun 29 2011, 12:18:03 AM
I'm just checking my email now to find the lovely email from telecharge. this is ridiculous! I'm mad i didn't check it sooner. I purchased tickets like most of you, row A left orch center aisle. i was in A 1&3. i better get just as amazing seats, if not better. i paid full price and booked them APRIL 26 for july 6! i'm hoping the date i'm seeing the show is not too soon to swap for equally great seats. ugh.
War Horse
 Apr 7 2011, 03:41:37 PM
regarding the gun shot responses - thanks! =)
I recently saw Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo and found myself covering my ears during most of the end of the second act. Those freaked me out, so hopefully war horse's won't be as bad. thanks again :)

War Horse
 Apr 6 2011, 08:37:52 PM
I have a ridiculous question - I'm seeing this show on Tuesday and am terrified of loud booms (fireworks, balloons popping and guns..) and I know in this show that the actors wear earplugs because of the rifles used on stage..I was wondering how loud they were / how often they are shot? I'm sitting all the way in the back of the loge and am scared ****less lol. thanks :)

re: Winokur to re-join HAIRSPRAY cast
 Nov 18 2008, 10:22:23 PM
yeah..all tracys do wear a fat suit. i was just comparing to then and basically, now. lol. and i guess thats true, niki is opposite tevin...but...still...i think MJW and connie will be fine as starring opposite eachother.
 Nov 18 2008, 10:00:17 PM
not to post an actors age, but, in MJW's defense, niki is in her early 30's..so i dont see the problem with marissa jaret winoker being 35. they can both pull it off with the wigs, costumes and makeup. my only concern is marissa jaret winoker has lost so much weight since her last run...

Nov 18 2008, 09:48:20 PM
The chances of them bringing back LBB and Kery was slim to none. I know Niki recently resigned her contract in August...and it was a 6 month, to end in February. so i think shes safe to not be replace by kerry. and i dont think laura would come back to spray..but i can say im sure they will be in the audience, as well as SHOSHANA =)

and i was sad for marissa perry...but...MJW coming back is just freakin exciting. original corny, edna, tracy, dynamite AND iq. yesssss.

re: Brynn O'Malley as Mary Poppins
 May 15 2008, 06:30:04 AM
nothing is true. these are just fans expressing their opinions about Brynn...adn how it would be nice to see her in the role...

May 14 2008, 04:55:41 PM
normally, sucks a** is NEGATIVE. but thats just how i see it.
i dont plan on seeing it (not a big disney on broadway fan)...unless brynn happens to get the role or something. lol

and NO, brynn is NOT a newcomer. she also wouldnt be new to disney on broadway..she was in BATB as ensemble and belle u/s

i think she'd be good b/c she LOOKS like a mary popins and she is an amazing singer

May 14 2008, 02:46:28 PM
Brynn is PHENOMINAL. some of her work can be found here:

http://brynn-omalley.tripod.com

it lists her resume and has a bunch of pictures

I saw her in Meet Me In St. Louis, Hairspray and Sunday and CAN picture her as Mary Poppins. She'd be great

re: GLORY DAYS reviews
 May 6 2008, 08:27:41 PM
yeah, i know. i just hope the reviews won't discourage them in the future! =)
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You