News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for krmbdwy

krmbdwy Profile Photo
Member Name: krmbdwy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/17/16
 Jul 19 2016, 11:42:42 PM

Harrisonmlewis said: "I think On Your Feet, Kinky Boots, Something Rotten, Paramour, and Jersey Boys could all easily close by the end of the season.

"Jersey Boys isn't going anywhere"!!

"

Jul 19 2016, 12:05:35 AM

@z5 said: "time for Jersey Boys to announce closing on 1/1/2017.

it isn't going anywhere, you're wrong!sad

"

Jul 18 2016, 08:03:15 PM

jdshatz2 said: "Isn't JERSEY BOYS due to pack it in?  There must be more than a few shows who could use that real estate.

"no it's going anywhere

Ring Of Fire
 Feb 25 2016, 09:37:10 PM

It sounds like he is a good actor and a good singer toosmiley

Ring Of Fire
 Feb 24 2016, 10:49:14 PM

mamaleh said: "I remember really only the entire cast singing--each one city down the line--"I've Been Everywhere." I guess it's telling that this particular number is the only one that remains in my memory, plus the fine performance by Jarrod Emick. Wish he'd return to Broadway. 

I agree with you, Jarrod Emick should return to Broadway. I haven't seen him do anything but I do have the 1994 revival of "Damn Yankees"

Ring Of Fire
 Feb 24 2016, 10:10:37 PM

I see.... Good thing it didn't stay on Broadway very long. smiley

Ring Of Fire
 Feb 24 2016, 09:28:45 PM

Wow, that sounds like a better version than the Broadway one. smiley

Ring Of Fire
 Feb 24 2016, 08:27:52 PM

Wilmingtom said: "The spirit of Cash is nowhere to be found.  The show is too cutesy by half, more akin to The Larwence Welk Show than the Grand Ole Opry.  It's not a bio musical about Cash's life and career but a random collection of his songs strung together without any evident through-line.  Just lazy.

*shakes head* what was Broadway thinking creating that? It does sound dumb now that you mention it, Reminds me of "Good Vibration

Ring Of Fire
 Feb 24 2016, 07:38:40 PM

Wilmingtom said: "The songs are terrific, the show not so much.

Oh? It wasn't good? Don't mind me asking but what wasn't good about it?

Ring Of Fire
 Feb 24 2016, 07:23:23 PM

Hi everyone, Sorry if I haven't been asking questions on here lately. Last year was not good for my family and I got busy. I have a question though. Has anyone seen "Ring of Fire" On Broadway? If they did was it any good?

Phantom (Broadway) and Les Miz (London) - how many more years?
 Aug 12 2015, 08:37:41 PM

That's not true, "Jersey Boys" is doing well.

Phantom (Broadway) and Les Miz (London) - how many more years?
 Aug 10 2015, 11:22:04 PM

take that back "Phantom", "Jersey Boys", "Wicked", "Les Mis", "Aladdin", and "Lion King" aren't going anywhere. frown

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/9/15
 Aug 10 2015, 03:30:21 PM

jersey boys isn't going anywhere neither is Phantom, Les Mis, Lion King, Aladdin and Wicked

Broadway The American Musical
 Aug 9 2015, 11:17:26 PM

"Actually, I think it would be interesting if they could do an installment every 5 or 10 years or so, considering how many shows may open and close in one year, and how much theatre can change in a short period of time."

that's a good idea. smile

Aug 9 2015, 11:08:14 PM

good answer smile 

Aug 9 2015, 01:35:23 AM

""Hi all, I was watching "Broadway The American musical" and Does anyone besides me think it needs a sequel? "Broadway The Golden age has another one coming so why can't Broadway the American musical? It's a good documentary"
 Yes. So much has happened since Wicked in my opinion (really only a little of BIG note, but we still have shows like N2N, Mormon, and In the Heights that made impacts in their own ways). Maybe jus

Aug 8 2015, 08:21:25 PM

Hi all, I was watching "Broadway The American musical" and Does anyone besides me think it needs a sequel? "Broadway The Golden age has another one coming so why can't Broadway the American musical? It's a good documentary

2 JukeBox Musicals
 Jul 15 2015, 10:37:23 PM

"It was Will Chase. http://www.sfgate.com/music/article/Vivid-songs-of-Lennon-carry-Broadway-bound-2678554.php 
I'm 99% sure there were no cast changes between SF and Broadway.
http://www.playbillvault.com/Show/Detail/1993/Lennon "

Ok thanks for telling me. smile Good thing it never had a revival IMO.

2 JukeBox Musicals
 Jul 15 2015, 10:18:35 PM

"I saw Lennon twice, but pre-Broadway. I feel like it got a little too messed with afterwards. It was a little bizarre, but had a lot going for it."

Oh...Was Will Chase in the Pre-Broadway show or was someone else in it?

2 JukeBox Musicals
 Jul 15 2015, 07:33:54 PM

"I saw LENNON. It had a top notch cast of performers but it was all over the place. "

*whistle* wow that's a lot of performers. Wonder what John Lennon'll say if he saw that.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You