News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mtchairs

mtchairs Profile Photo
Member Name: mtchairs
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Miscast 23 - Hammerstein Ballroom Seating Advice  Feb 11 2023, 06:53:18 PM

I'm looking at tickets for Miscast 23 at the Hammerstein Ballroom in the $150 range and am wondering if anyone has experience of the seats in the 2nd Balcony that they mark as Obstructed or Partial View? I've been poring over the seating plan and 360 degree videos but can't quite tell how bad they would be. They are still full price, so can I assume that they're not that bad for an event like Miscast where most of the action would be centre stage?

MCC's MISCAST23  Feb 6 2023, 05:10:46 PM

I'm thinking of extending my overseas trip a couple of days so I can go to this. Can anyone advise how easy it is to get a ticket in the general sale and how much show only tickets usually are?

1776 Broadway revival cast for 2021  May 31 2022, 11:00:25 AM

Can anyone describe or take a photo of the merchandise available for this production?

The Great Comet appreciation thread  Feb 11 2020, 03:00:07 AM

schubox said: "Malloy and Groban debuted a new song from one of the epilogues from War & Peace. It’s from last weeks NYTW gala

https://www.vulture.com/2020/02/josh-groban-great-comet-of-1812-song-epilogue.html
"

Thanks, that made my day

I hope we get a proper recording of this. Beautiful song.

Discount Codes  Sep 13 2019, 03:40:05 AM

Has anyone managed to use one of the West Side Story codes to get Orchestra tickets for the advertised price of $89 (Theatermania) or $99 (BroadwayBox)? I can only see $129.00 tickets for all dates once you click through to Telecharge Offers. It seems like bait and switch advertising to me.

New Boston Pre-Broadway Engagement  Sep 10 2019, 12:07:37 AM

Any idea what dates the Boston run will be? Would be fabulous if this coincided with my trip there.

A.R.T. Members/Moby Dick  Jul 29 2019, 07:08:25 PM

My friend and I are planning something similar, but we’re coming from Australia! We are also going to buy a $50 membership to get early access to tickets. I can’t answer your questions from experience, but I believe that you get the ‘tickets are not currently available ‘ message because tickets are only on sale to subscribers at the moment. They will hopefully have a separate allocation of tickets available for single tickets when they go on sale. 

When do single tickets for THE SIX & MOBY DICK go on sale at ART?  May 31 2019, 07:03:48 PM

Thanks Will be making a special trip to Boston for this on route to NY from Australia so considering getting the $50 membership for earlier single ticket access. Do they ever extend the dates of shows in a subscription season? Another week would be perfect and would mean a cheaper airfare.

When do single tickets for THE SIX & MOBY DICK go on sale at ART?  May 31 2019, 06:44:41 PM

Any idea why tickets for Moby Dick are listed as General Admission rather than giving a seat allocation?

New Group Announces 2019-2020 season (incl. Peter Dinklage as Cyrano!)  May 21 2019, 05:42:51 PM

Anyone know the exact dates for each production?I couldn’t see anything mentioned.

2019-2020 Touring Season  Apr 23 2019, 12:00:58 AM

Does anyone know what dates were announced for the 2019/20 shows at Shubert New Haven CT earlier today?

And any info on when the National theatre Washington DC will announce?

Thanks

2019-2020 Touring Season  Apr 23 2019, 12:00:51 AM

Does anyone know what dates were announced for the 2019/20 shows at Shubert New Haven CT earlier today?

And any info on when the National theatre Washington DC will announce?

Thanks

2019-2020 Touring Season  Feb 17 2019, 09:57:13 PM

Hi, does anyone know the exact dates that Band’s Visit and Girl from the North Country will be playing in Toronto? The Mirvish website only says September to October and September to November, respectively but I am hoping I will be able to see both in one visit if the dates coincide.

As I will be travelling from overseas I would only be trying to purchase single tickets rather than a subscription so if anyone has any idea when they go on sale then that would also be helpful.

What does your name mean?  Jul 19 2017, 10:33:47 AM

Les Mis reference - mtchairs = empty chairs smiley

Dear Evan Hansen Replacement Tickets  Oct 20 2016, 10:57:23 PM

Funnily enough, my new DEH tickets for the Music Box Theatre are showing in my Audience Rewards account, even though Telecharge still only shows the original 'cancelled' tickets at the Belasco.

I also have a new pending charge on my credit card, with no corresponding refund as yet, and have not received any emails from Telecharge since Oct 3!

Color Purple/Dear Evan Hansen ticket dilemma  Sep 30 2016, 08:41:42 PM

Thanks for all your responses. In the end I decided to do the more complicated ticket swap involving moving Falsettos and Dead Poets Society matinees, so have kept my Dear Evan Hansen tickets (not that I have had confirmation from Telecharge about the theatre change yet!) and have freed up Saturday Matinee for the Color Purple. Crossing everything that Cynthia will not take any more performances off that week!

Color Purple/Dear Evan Hansen ticket dilemma  Sep 29 2016, 11:54:27 PM

My friend and I will be in NY for Thanksgiving week and have an amazing line up of shows booked - Hamilton, Falsettos, Great Comet, Waitress, Dear Evan Hansen, Dead Poets Society and Spamilton . We have 2 slots left free - Monday Evening 21 November and Friday Matinee 25 November. We had planned to go to see the Color Purple on the Friday matinee, but have just found out that Cynthia Erivo will not be doing that performance. We already knew she wasn't going to be doing November 15-22.

Here's our dilemma...

Do we try to exchange our great Dear Evan Hansen orchestra aisle tickets on Friday 25 November evening for not so good side Mezzanine tickets on Monday 21 November, to free us up to see Cynthia in the Color Purple?

Or do we leave things as they are, go to see the Color Purple on Monday 21 November or Friday 25 November matinee and accept that we're not going to see Cynthia? 

Only other option I can see is swapping Dead Poets Society on Saturday Matinee for Wednesday Matinee , Falsettos on Wednesday Matinee for Friday Matinee and see Color Purple on Saturday Matinee!

Is this even possible and is it worth it? Opinions welcome

Lin-Manuel Miranda visits In the Heights in London  Sep 6 2016, 03:47:33 AM

Dave13 said: "mtchairs said: "Loved his speech, especially where he confesses that he's really Nina not Usnavi

I'd been waiting to see whether they extended past October as my trip is in November too. It will be great seeing In the Heights and Hamilton in the same trip about a week apart.

"

I have tickets to Harry Potter over Thanksgiving Break and been hoping In The Heights extended beyond October.  I jumped on it as soon as I found out. 

"

My trip is London first, then Paris, Washington, Chicago and Thanksgiving in NY  It started with my Harry Potter tickets which I booked last October and then expanded when I realised I could see Hamilton again in Chicago and NY. In the Heights is a bonus! I saw the original Broadway production in 2009 but don't remember too much about it. 

Lin-Manuel Miranda visits In the Heights in London  Sep 5 2016, 11:52:47 PM

Loved his speech, especially where he confesses that he's really Nina not Usnavi

I'd been waiting to see whether they extended past October as my trip is in November too. It will be great seeing In the Heights and Hamilton in the same trip about a week apart.

Anthony Warlow CD question  Sep 2 2016, 04:22:30 AM

It's Anthony singing both parts  

And in case you're wondering it's Sylvie Paladino on 'Somewhere'.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You