News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for godlessondheimite

Member Name: godlessondheimite
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Lin-Manuel Miranda and Tom Hooper in talks for His Dark Materials adaptation
 Mar 9 2018, 04:36:26 PM

http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/08/lin-manuel-miranda-tom-hooper-his-dark-materials-adaptation/

What awful casting if it comes through.

Spongebob and the Right to be Upset (Rant)
 Feb 5 2018, 08:07:17 PM
Who Ushers the Ushers
Blocked By The Boys In The Band - Now Planning Peaceful Opening Night Protest
 Jan 31 2018, 05:44:59 PM

This is about as diverse as Ryan Murphy gets. 

Dear Evan Hansen Question
 Oct 16 2017, 12:50:44 PM

northlandfan said: "When Ben delivers hisvery emotional performance for the song words fail his face is all wet and greasy. Wondering if that was a combination of tears and mucus or if additional make up was applied to give that effect! That was theshowstopper for me!

"

I sat in the third row of the orchestra during previews, and that was all Ben. He's clearly living every moment. 

Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to
 Oct 10 2017, 03:04:23 PM

greensgreens said: "I'm pretty sure his role as Pastor Veal is what he'll be most remembered for."

He'll always be Father to me.

Angels Taking the Simon for 18 Weeks!
 Sep 8 2017, 06:51:55 PM

Andrew Rannells as Joe?

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/27/17
 Aug 29 2017, 11:19:37 AM

David10086 said: "Itonlytakesajourney said: "It just seems weird to run a show that's losing money weekly. I wonder what David Stone's motive is. For anyone who has seen the show, what is it lacking that has turned so many people away? Is it the book? Score? I know Patti and Christine are giving their all, so it's probably not the performances."

It could be for his financials and tax purposes (either personal or for his company). "Wicked

Most Unique Show to Ever Be On Broadway
 Aug 15 2017, 11:03:58 AM

CATS

Monday show options (cheap)?
 Jul 24 2017, 08:44:16 AM

I hope you can convince your daughters to give Groundhog Day a chance!

Old folk
 Jul 19 2017, 08:37:49 PM

JBC3 said: ""Old folk" is one of those terms that sees descriptive but in reality could mean anything from 50-100 years old.

Sweeping generalizations really do not add a lot to an argument when they are not needed.

We can all probably share anecdotal experiences from our own lives that would make the case for rudeness being prevalent in any age cohort we select.
"

Not all old people are brats, but all the people I've seen complaini

you nailed it
 Jul 19 2017, 06:35:16 PM

SmokeyLady said: "godlessondheimite said: 

It's very disappointing but if you're seeing a live performance you should be prepared to expect an understudy. Things happen. Also, there's no need to carry on and disrespect the rest of the production, cast, crew, and staff.

"

Baloney.  Sure there is no need to disrespect anyone.  But if you paid a lot of money to see Bette Midler you shouldn't

you nailed it
 Jul 19 2017, 06:19:48 PM

SmokeyLady said: "802AFM said: "You should have seen Shubert Alley this afternoon!

Linda Mugleston nailed it, for the record...

"

That is not what I heard girl.  Not what I heard at all.  And by the way.  there are a lot of young Bette fans as well.   I think tourists and foreigners who are buying their tickets thru services or their hotels are the ones not being informed correctly about Donna p

Old folk are pretty darn bratty about Bette
 Jul 19 2017, 05:59:28 PM

I understand it's disappointing when you expect to see a legendary performer and instead you get stuck with a two-time Tony winner accompanied by other accomplished theatre actors, a fantastic ensemble, gorgeous sets, and all-around fantastic production. But dear God, some of these people need a time out. 

When I went on a night with Donna, someone behind me didn't know she was performing. When her companion told her that Bette wasn't there that night, sh

Andy Karl performance schedule
 Jul 17 2017, 01:51:36 PM

Thank you! That was very thorough. I hope to see Andrew Call's take one day.

DEH Actors Salaries Question?
 Jul 17 2017, 01:08:56 PM

HogansHero said: "godlessondheimite said: "The Platts are fantastically wealthy and well-connected and Ben Platt will never struggle financially or vocationally in his entire life. "

They are not fantastically wealthy; they are just wealthy. If for some reason he could not work, his family would not let him go homeless. Right now he is independently wealthy in a minor way of someone who has earned a million dollars and has not squandered it. And no

Andy Karl performance schedule
 Jul 17 2017, 12:17:17 PM

10086Sundays said: "Callum - Glad to hear to enjoyed it for the most part.  I was at the Sunday matinee myself. I'm sorry to hear the audience wasn't into when you were there, that can alter my experience with a show as well.  In fact, I went back to GHD for a 2nd time because the 1st was ruined by bad audience members around me and it was during that 2nd viewing that the show really grabbed me. If you do decide to go again, and can afford it, I suggest TK

DEH Actors Salaries Question?
 Jul 17 2017, 12:15:17 PM

The Platts are fantastically wealthy and well-connected and Ben Platt will never struggle financially or vocationally in his entire life. 

ASSASSINS coming to Encores Off-Center
 Jul 17 2017, 07:17:12 AM

Kad said: "Having the Balladeer double as Oswald and playing the Zapruder film were Mantello's directorial choices for the revival. They are not written into the show at all and no one should expect any other production to go in that direction. 

"

Actually Sondheim mentioned that he and Weidman toyed with the idea of doubling the Balladeer and LHO. It's in this video, I can't remember when, but the whole thing is worth a listen.

I won the Lottery tonight for Groundhog Day and...
 Jul 15 2017, 12:36:25 AM

ok

ASSASSINS coming to Encores Off-Center
 Jul 12 2017, 10:51:34 PM

WhizzerMarvin said: "
John Ellison Conlee did a lot with Guiteau; really the character was a barrel of laughs and Sondheim musicalized him so well. I feel like the real Guiteau would have loved his number. One of my friends said he actually read Guiteau's book and that it's completely bonkers and a total hoot. Might have to add it to the summer reading list now.

"

Not to be totally weird but Guiteau actually plagiarized large portions of that book

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You