pixeltracker

Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to "creative differences" - Jeremy Shamos steps in

Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to "creative differences" - Jeremy Shamos steps in

RndmAnswrs4RndmQstns
#2Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to
Posted: 10/9/17 at 10:51pm

Guess I'm going to wait for reviews to come out to see if Key and Benanti offset Schumer before I put money down on tickets. Or maybe they'll be insufferable and Schumer will be great, who knows?

Was really looking forward to Alan Tudyk, though. It's a shame :/

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#3Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to
Posted: 10/9/17 at 10:58pm

I know Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to I was looking really forward to seeing him finally and I was thinking when he was going to back on Broadway. Really glad they gave me a refund. I rather want to see Laura Benanti in a musical anyway 

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#4Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to
Posted: 10/9/17 at 11:07pm

Shamos is an awesome actor though....

Alex Kulak2
#5Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to
Posted: 10/9/17 at 11:15pm

I mean, if I was in a show with Amy Schumer, I'd jump ship too...

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#6Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to
Posted: 10/9/17 at 11:17pm

Alex Kulak2 said: "I mean, if I was in a show with Amy Schumer, I'd jump ship too..."

That would be an absurd career move, but okay...

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.
Updated On: 10/9/17 at 11:17 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#7Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to
Posted: 10/9/17 at 11:30pm

I think her "moment" is fading, but I'm still a huge fan of hers, and I'm excited to see the show. And Shamos is a terrific actor. 

The Other One
#8Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to
Posted: 10/9/17 at 11:35pm

I'm stunned. I walked past Laura Benanti and Alan Tudyk at around 4:00 Saturday afternoon and assumed they were having a good talk on a break from rehearsal. Seeing them made me want to see the show. Ah, well! That's not going to happen.

VeroniqueJaffee
#9Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to
Posted: 10/9/17 at 11:39pm

Schumer is a trained actress. Her comedic persona is just a persona. Although the "act" is carried through much of her standup and tv show, she's not a one trick pony. She's going to blow the roof off the Broadhurst.

UncleCharlie
#10Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to
Posted: 10/10/17 at 12:18am

VeroniqueJaffee said: "Schumer is a trained actress. Her comedicpersona is justa persona. Although the "act" is carried through much of her standup and tv show, she's not a one trick pony. She's going to blow the roof off the Broadhurst."

I've seen too much of Schumer's work over the years to believe her comedic style and everything we see is just a persona. It's no act, it's who she is. That's why Trainwreck and Inside Amy Schumer were successful. She was writing and performing what she knows and it felt authentic. That doesn't however mean she's a 1 trick pony. As she starts to branch out and perform the writing of others, we'll find out how many tricks she has. 

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#11Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to
Posted: 10/10/17 at 12:18am

>She's going to blow the roof off the Broadhurst.<

Why? Does she take issue with Anastasia? 

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#12Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to
Posted: 10/10/17 at 1:45am

Suddenly not very interested. 

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#13Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to
Posted: 10/10/17 at 8:08am

Major upgrade.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#14Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to
Posted: 10/10/17 at 8:13am

I've always found him perfectly charming in a lightweight way, but I confess that I'm surprised that Alan Tudyk thinks he's big enough to have "creative differences."

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#15Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to
Posted: 10/10/17 at 9:40am

TOO: That makes it more weird. It had to be Sunday or yesterday then. Sad since he seemed really excited for it.

newintown: I'm a little bit not. My friend worked with him on his web show and said he was awesome to work with, but I can honestly imagine the fame going into his head. Or maybe Martin decided he wasn't the right fit for the part after all. 

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#16Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to
Posted: 10/10/17 at 9:50am

Is Tudyk really that famous, or does he just have a particularly loyal following from his collaborations with Joss Whedon? Whedon's work is known for its rabid fans. I've seen Tudyk on stage in a few plays and found him to be a limited actor -- handsome and likable but usually quite flat. Shamos is a major improvement in my eyes.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#17Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to
Posted: 10/10/17 at 10:04am

Smaxie said: ">She's going to blow the roof off the Broadhurst.<

Why? Does she take issue with Anastasia?
"

I actually spit my coffee all over my computer screen from laughing! Thanks, Smaxie!

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#18Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to
Posted: 10/10/17 at 10:07am

Alex Kulak2 said: "I mean, if I was in a show with Amy Schumer, I'd jump ship too..."

Oh, please...you'd pee yourself.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#19Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to
Posted: 10/10/17 at 10:14am

I also think this is a step up. I'm quite fond of Shamos from Noises Off and The Assembled Parties, as well as Birdman.

I only know Tudyk from Dodgeball, and that's just because the kids I work with watch that movie obsessively

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

schubox
#20Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to
Posted: 10/10/17 at 10:17am

Valentina3 said: "Alex Kulak2 said: "I mean, if I was in a show with Amy Schumer, I'd jump ship too..."

That would be an absurd career move, but okay...
"

I don’t think Tudyk is going to get much bigger or smaller at this point in his career. He’s fairly famous and has a nice cult following due to his work with Joss. I was bummed I was going to miss this and he was the main reason why.

schubox
#21Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to
Posted: 10/10/17 at 10:20am

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "TOO: That makes it more weird. It had to be Sunday or yesterday then. Sad since he seemed really excited for it.

newintown: I'm a little bit not. My friend worked with him on his web show and said he was awesome to work with, but I can honestly imagine the fame going into his head. Or maybe Martin decidedhe wasn't the right fit for the part after all.
"

What fame going to his head? The guy has been a steadily working actor for a long time, and has a huge cult following due to Firefly. He’s also been in plenty of decent sized movies. I don’t think a limited run Broadway engagement would send him over the edge. 

He he actually did an AMA fairly recently and he seemed particularly proud of that web series but was very friendly and talkative in his answers 

Updated On: 10/10/17 at 10:20 AM

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#22Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to
Posted: 10/10/17 at 10:27am

"The guy has been a steadily working actor for a long time, and has a huge cult following due to Firefly."

True, he has been working steadily, but never as a star (unlike Schumer and Key, both of whom have been stars of their own shows).

I also am pretty sure that "huge cult following" is an oxymoron.

greensgreens Profile Photo
greensgreens
#23Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to
Posted: 10/10/17 at 10:33am

I'm pretty sure his role as Pastor Veal is what he'll be most remembered for.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#24Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to
Posted: 10/10/17 at 10:45am

Whenever I think of Alan Tudyk I think of the pirate guy from dodgeboll and the chicken from Moana. Talk about a wide range of roles

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

schubox
#25Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to
Posted: 10/10/17 at 10:58am

greensgreens said: "I'm pretty sure his role as Pastor Veal is what he'll be most remembered for."

He really locked that down 

Videos