News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theatremelvin94

Member Name: theatremelvin94
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Annie Baker Question
 Sep 8 2015, 10:11:01 PM

From what I understand, it was a rather long play which relied on the immediate buzz of good reviews in the Times and the New Yorker. So I don't expect it will be back in a sizable house soon, perhaps maybe a university production in a few months from now and another brief run next year. 

Family Circle view at the Met Opera
 Sep 8 2015, 02:36:54 PM

Thanks to you all!

Family Circle view at the Met Opera
 Sep 8 2015, 12:56:49 AM

I am going to be around the Lincoln Center area tomorrow and thought I might stop by the Met to purchase a ticket for Tannhäuser. I haven't seen James Levine conduct in awhile, and I may not get to see him do so again.

However, I'm quite tight on cash at the moment and therefore considering the Family Circle section. The farthest back I've ever sat at the Met was the first row in the Balcony, which was a great seat. Has anyone here sat in the Family Circle? How wou

When did you realize you would never be on Broadway?
 Aug 23 2015, 05:58:31 PM

My parents were always blunt with me about my average abilities. I used to cry over it, but now I'm kinda thankful. The fall then was easier than it would be now. 

Marquis Theatre Front Row Orchestra Seating Question
 Aug 21 2015, 04:57:17 PM

The Maqruis is a beautiful theatre, although a little unconventional for Broadway (has a Vegas feel to it). Every seat is good. 

Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
 Aug 20 2015, 01:19:06 PM

I saw Hamilton yesterday from the very last row of the orchestra and was able to see everything, including the upper level of the stage. I would say as long as you're not of the height of an NBA center, you should be able to see everything from "partial view" seats. 

Mezzanine at Marquis Theater
 Aug 9 2015, 10:54:36 PM

Perhaps during the joke book trick, actually. 

If you were at this afternoon's performance, the volunteer for Teller's needle trick was Wall Street Journal theatre critic Terry Teachout (source: his Twitter). 

Help me choose
 Aug 9 2015, 02:26:31 PM

Wait for the reviews on School of Rock. Andrew Lloyd Webber is usually a safe bet, and of course there's the historical significance of it being in the Winter Garden Theatre, but you never know.

Definitely see Hamilton if you could. 

Phantom (Broadway) and Les Miz (London) - how many more years?
 Aug 9 2015, 02:25:24 PM

I'm 21, and what has been said here is true. Many my age haven't seen Phantom. Back when I was a kid, I was more interested in seeing Cats (yes, Cats), The Lion King, Mary Poppins, and Wicked than I was in seeing Phantom.

Phantom (Broadway) and Les Miz (London) - how many more years?
 Aug 9 2015, 11:18:09 AM

I actually haven't seen Phantom, partly because I know it will always be around, waiting for me...

BROADWAY THINGS: Wherein we state our opinions
 Aug 8 2015, 10:28:50 PM

I look forward to London transfers.

Met Stops Blackface Use
 Aug 8 2015, 10:24:22 PM

"If you cannot find a black actor/actress for a role that is written for that particular race... Do not produce that show/opera."

I think this is too extreme, particularly for Otello. An honest effort must be made to find an appropriate tenor, which I don't think has been done here. But if it is done, and for whatever reason there are only white tenors available, it should go forward––––and without blackface.

Mezzanine at Marquis Theater
 Aug 8 2015, 10:05:22 PM

I saw the show last week, and every seat in the Marquis provides a good view. The only caveat about the mezzanine is that you can't get called up as a volunteer, but that might be a good thing depending on your personality. 

Misery, is it worth seeing?
 Aug 8 2015, 10:04:09 PM

I don't think Fiddler will do well, actually. 

Upcoming Fall/Winter Shows
 Aug 7 2015, 05:05:14 PM

It is at my favorite Broadway house, though, the Gerald Schoenfeld. 

Upcoming Fall/Winter Shows
 Aug 7 2015, 04:56:44 PM

Looking forward to King Charles III, Misery, School of Rock and A View From The Bridge. I also haven't seen Fun Home yet and want to catch it with the present cast.

NOT looking forward to China Doll, unless it receives universal critical praise. 

Kelli O'Hara's Contract?
 Aug 7 2015, 04:09:01 PM

Whether or not Ken returns hasn't been determined yet. He has a film commitment, and a new contract has to be signed. 

Hamilton Broadway Reviews
 Aug 7 2015, 03:11:58 PM

I can't wait to see this on August 19th! I just hope I'm not tempted to put it up for sale on Ticketmaster. They make it too easy!

Breaking News: ON THE TOWN Sets Fall Closing Date on Broadway
 Aug 6 2015, 07:37:43 PM

Such a great musical, saddened it didn't do well–––although what does at the Lyric?

Met Stops Blackface Use
 Aug 6 2015, 06:47:42 PM

Outing, even if its information obtainable with a simple Google search, is never appropriate. Mods should delete that comment.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You