News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for into_the_woods2

into_the_woods2 Profile Photo
Member Name: into_the_woods2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://facebook.com
Blog Address:
Profile: love musicals love broadway love singing love acting

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Must Read Plays?  Jun 18 2011, 06:07:59 PM
Buried Child by Sam Shepard

How I learned to Drive by Paula Vogel

Hair - I didn't get it.  Jun 11 2011, 03:44:01 AM
Well said, BettyBoy72.

I think, when done right, it's BRILLIANT. While it's not the most conventional narrative structure, I still found myself becoming emotionally attached to all of the characters and was reduced to tears by the end of the show. It's also very funny and seems to capture the extremes of the culture without condescending it.

I do think, however, that done regionally, and especially in youth community theatre, that a lot would be lost. It is definitely an adul

Top 25 Favorite Musicals  Jun 11 2011, 03:33:28 AM
IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER (except for the first five)

Sweeney Todd
Bat Boy
Reefer Madness
Les Miserables
Into the Woods
Annie Get Your Gun
Wicked
Avenue Q
Showboat
South Pacific
Floyd Collins
Chicago
Seussical
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Kiss Me Kate
Hairspray
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
The Phantom of the Opera
The Lion King
Gypsy
Hair
The Apple Tree
Leg

re: Musical Theatre Quotes  Jun 6 2011, 02:50:02 AM
"Opportunity is not a lengthy visitor."
"No knot unties itself."
"The greatest prize often lies at the end of the thorniest path."
(basically all of 1st or 2nd midnight-Into the Woods)

You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown Script?!  Jan 11 2011, 02:34:33 PM
Does anyone know where I can buy this? Thank you!
ALNM cast having problems with Elaine Stritch?  Nov 30 2010, 10:27:18 AM
I saw the show in August and was blown away by Elaine's performance, line flubbs and all. She is one of the most honest, open, and electric actress I've ever seen live. While I think it is pretty unacceptable to not know your lines, the woman is in her eighties and we should be lucky she's still performing, let alone on a Broadway Stage. Elaine is amazing in every sense of the word.
'Party Dress' Henry and Mudge sheet music?  Nov 29 2010, 09:43:35 AM
Anyone have 'My Party Dress' sheet music? Let me know! Thank you!
Arena Stages' OKLAHOMA! may be coming to Broadway  Nov 12 2010, 09:15:30 AM
sounds like an awesome production! here's to hoping it comes to Broadway!!!
'Screw Loose' (Cry Baby The Musical) Sheet Music?  Oct 31 2010, 10:02:47 PM
Anyone have it? I would greatly appreciate a copy if so! Thank you!
Patti LuPone: A Memoir  Sep 24 2010, 11:47:59 PM
can't wait to read this...
i love honesty

Ruthless to come to Broadway with Jessica Biel?  Sep 5 2010, 10:46:07 PM
what makes anyone think Jessica Biel has the comedic chops for this role?!
no offense to her, she's a great actress, and very beautiful, but I definitely do not see her doing such a slapstick show.

Audrey Hepburn 'couldn't sing and couldn't act', says Emma Thompson  Aug 10 2010, 08:50:29 PM
While I agree that the comment "reads bitchy", and perhaps Emma should have kept her opinion to herself to avoid hurting the feelings of the massive Audrey fan base, I'm glad someone finally admitted that Audrey Hepburn is no big deal. I've always been skeptical of why people like Audrey Hepburn so fricken much...it seems to be such an image thing (hence the "Guy thing" comment making sense) and not at all a talent thing. There are hundreds of people I think are more talented than Audrey Hepburn
best shows with limited cast members  Jul 11 2010, 08:12:02 PM
What shows would you recommend TEN PEOPLE and under in the cast putting on? both plays and musicals are appreciated...
Shows you'd see over and over...  Jul 5 2010, 12:38:18 AM
I could easily watch A Little Night Music everyday...
Disappointments  Jul 5 2010, 12:33:32 AM
i think it's weird so many people are saying avenue q, because that show completely blew me away! i think it's all about what you've heard going into things, and going into avenue q i had heard good things but not raving things. i have since proceeded to rave about it...

on a similar note, i was not a huge fan of spring awakening. it was almost impossible to miss the insane hype surrounding it, and in turn i was very disappointed.

Kristin looks dreadful!  Jun 26 2010, 07:58:33 PM
Come on guys, is this really a necessary thread? I know you think you are being 'genuine' and simply 'concerned for her health' but it comes off as catty and high school girl-esque. Get a life, and stop obsessing over how celebrities look. Let's respect Kristin for what she is; a beautiful and talented performer.
SARAH JANE EVERMAN  Jun 26 2010, 07:54:15 PM
there's a reason she's Kristin's understudy. Just sayin'.
Not to sound ignorant.

besides the fact I'd rather watch Kristin perform than almost anyone else on the planet, and that's why she's a star. I'm sure Sarah Jane is very talented but she isn't Kristin Chenoweth. Sorry.

A Little Night Music - 6.17.10  Jun 18 2010, 12:43:04 PM
No, but I think she imagines it would be great...do we agree that the song is mostly fantasizing?
re: The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor  Jun 18 2010, 12:41:58 PM
I agree that she would definitely be considered for the Wicked movie, but I highly doubt she is going to play Elphaba on Broadway. I do think that being the 26th replacement or whatever number it is would be a setback, especially for someone who's career just keeps skyrocketing. I'm not saying that it would be a setback in general, because for most people it would be an incredible opportunity, just not for the star of Glee.
A Little Night Music - 6.17.10  Jun 18 2010, 12:30:49 PM
I think Petra relishes the fact that she will end up with the Miller's Son, because, I know this may sound very freudian and/or obvious, but Petra is a character who LOVES sex. There is no doubt in saying that a lot of the song is about status, but it's also about the pleasure she finds in being with ANY and all kinds of men...the fact that he's a miller's son doesn't mean that he isn't great in the sack. Sorry to be crude, but that is also partly what I think the song is about, and my theory se
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You