The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#1The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor
Posted: 7/17/07 at 9:13pm

Okay, people, this has gone far enough! Does anyone have any solid proof that Lea Michele will or will not be the next Elphie? I mean, Julia Murney says yes but then Lea herself says no. Look at it this way- Julia has no reason to lie, Lea has every reason in the world to lie. So what's the solid truth?

I know you. I know you. I know you.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#2re: The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor
Posted: 7/17/07 at 9:15pm

The solid truth: We won't find out until September.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#2re: The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor
Posted: 7/17/07 at 9:16pm

What reason does Murney have to lie?

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

FlyingMonkey1223 Profile Photo
FlyingMonkey1223
#3re: The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor
Posted: 7/17/07 at 9:18pm

I hope not. Isn't she always absent from Spring Awakening saying "she is too tired" or something like that? How could she handle playing Elphie when she gets soooo tired all the time? Maybe she is the next Donna Murphy.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#4re: The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor
Posted: 7/17/07 at 9:18pm

What reason do either of them have to lie?

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Yankeefan007
#5re: The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor
Posted: 7/17/07 at 9:20pm

It doesn't matter either way. The show's sold out until the apocalypse.

jennyish Profile Photo
jennyish
#6re: The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor
Posted: 7/17/07 at 9:21pm

Maybe she is the next Donna Murphy.

Yes, because "being tired" is the same as a serious vocal injury.

I chose, and my world was shaken. So what? The choice may have been mistaken. The choosing was not.

withoutlove78
#7re: The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor
Posted: 7/17/07 at 9:23pm

she is hardly always absent...

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#8re: The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor
Posted: 7/17/07 at 9:23pm

What an enormous mistake that would be if she did it. To get tied into "The Wicked Mill" when you've just originated a role in the Tony winning Best Musical is taking oneself from uniqueness to mediocrity.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#9re: The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor
Posted: 7/17/07 at 9:24pm

WELL. Obviously, if the numerous Lea Michele/Elphaba threads haven't been deleted within minutes of their formation, it's not happening. Ask the GG fans!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

wonderfulwizard11
#10re: The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor
Posted: 7/17/07 at 9:25pm

Yes Foster. What an enormous mistake it would be for her to star in the biggest hit on Broadway right now.

God, who could be so STUPID?

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#11re: The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor
Posted: 7/17/07 at 9:31pm

Does she have the vocal capacity?

She may, but her voice just doesn't seem very "belt-y", more soft.

IAMmyownMUSICAL Profile Photo
IAMmyownMUSICAL
#12re: The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor
Posted: 7/17/07 at 9:35pm

yea
of all the females voices in SA I'd think the girl who could sing elphie best would be the one who sings "Dark I know well"

and even that is pushing it

Now all I see are cute boys with short haircuts in a maze of their own...

another_reprise Profile Photo
another_reprise
#13re: The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor
Posted: 7/17/07 at 9:35pm

She posted a blog a couple weeks ago saying how she really wants the role but as of then nothing was set in stone.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=142899577&blogID=284947058

Edited for verb agreement

Does the sun really rise in the east?
Does the earth really spin around the sun?
What's it matter in the least?
What's real to me ain't real to everyone.
Updated On: 7/17/07 at 09:35 PM

Wanna Be A Foster
#14re: The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor
Posted: 7/17/07 at 9:45pm

TRANSLATION:

It was never happening, it won't be happening, and she would rather shoot herself in the foot than be the 67th replacement in LES MIS or WICKED and wants to focus her career on originating roles from now on.

Duh.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."

jg4892
#15re: The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor
Posted: 7/17/07 at 9:47pm

Lea would love to play Elphaba and would do it on broadway in a heartbeat. That's a huge career boost, not a setback.

wonderfulwizard11
#16re: The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor
Posted: 7/17/07 at 9:48pm

^ Yes. And Lea isn't really in a position to be turning down roles.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#17re: The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor
Posted: 7/17/07 at 9:53pm

"I hope not. Isn't she always absent from Spring Awakening saying "she is too tired" or something like that? "

She was "kinda tired" and missed a performance because of that.

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#18re: The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor
Posted: 7/17/07 at 9:55pm

It doesn't seem to me she thinks of it in the business way. More of the "ELPHIE! MY DREAM ROLE! EPONINE! ON MY OWNNNNNNNN!" instead.

stella985 Profile Photo
stella985
#19re: The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor
Posted: 7/17/07 at 10:31pm

What's the source that Julia Murney actually said this was true? I mean was it just someone who claims she told them that at the stage door or something?

Also, weren't there rumors just a few days ago that Stephanie Block was going to do it for a couple of months?

#20re: The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor
Posted: 7/17/07 at 10:37pm

I really hope that Lea Michele doesn't do it. I acutally don't like Julia Murney, but she's a hell of a lot better than Lea Michele would be. She has a voice that'll panic 'em (ha, I just finished 42nd Street) but I don't see her as a strong enough actress to be able to play Elphaba, because I think Elphaba is really complex.

TapTapTapioca
#21re: The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor
Posted: 7/17/07 at 10:38pm

It was never happening, it won't be happening, and she would rather shoot herself in the foot than be the 67th replacement in LES MIS or WICKED and wants to focus her career on originating roles from now on.

Actually that is a completely wrong translation. She has said many many times that she would like to play Elphaba.

The truth is that she WILL be going into Wicked but not necessarily as Murney's immediate replacement.

I shave me Xanadu every morning!

missyrose87
#22re: The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor
Posted: 7/17/07 at 10:40pm

I got a kick out of reading the posts her fans put on her myspace- things like "you are as talented as idina!"

Wanna Be A Foster
#23re: The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor
Posted: 7/17/07 at 10:48pm

Yes. And Lea isn't really in a position to be turning down roles.

She's actually in a perfect position to be turning down roles. She's 20 years old. She still has the financial support of her parents, who have been supporting her since she debuted on Broadway a decade ago. She's not working for the money. She's working to build a name for herself. And you do that by originating roles.

-Kad

missyrose87
#24re: The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor
Posted: 7/17/07 at 10:49pm

I'm pretty sure she's financially stable at this point...

Videos