News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for taximom

taximom Profile Photo
Member Name: taximom
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Gypsy 2002 Revival
 Jan 1 2014, 05:44:49 PM
I saw it very near the end of the run and it wasn't very good then, either. Bernadette's voice was SHOT! She just couldn't sing the role. The role seemed too big for her...and I love Bernadette! The Patti version a few years later was MUCH better.

Finest acting performances on Broadway?
 Dec 20 2013, 08:20:04 PM
Donna Murphy in Passion.

What's new and good Off B'way?
 Nov 11 2012, 03:06:05 PM
Outgoing Tide is excellent. Peter Strauss is brilliant! A performance not to be missed.
re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
 Oct 24 2010, 01:47:35 PM
And that third girl is amazing!
Marin vs. Alice
 Oct 3 2010, 03:41:38 PM
She' not. Marin does a great job, but Alice gave a benchmark performance. Marin's crazy mouth antics are so distracting that it's difficult to pay attention to her performance. Marin is playing a role, Alice WAS the role. It is still a wonderful, complete, brilliantly crafted piece of theater!
Worst Tony Performance?
 May 21 2010, 05:46:36 PM
Mamma Mia last year.
re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
 Jun 8 2009, 02:05:40 PM
She was awful - terrible. I was embarassed for them. It was nearly as bad as MM, and that's saying something.

re: Bye Bye Birdie ticket pricing (ummm?)
 May 29 2009, 07:17:53 PM
Highly sceptical about the casting of this show anyway.
re: 'I Don't Get It': Well-Liked Performers You Don't Enjoy
 May 27 2009, 03:58:18 PM
Sutton Foster, Laura Benanti...big time!
re: Hugh Panaro: Really?
 Feb 3 2009, 08:14:33 AM
Saw Hugh perform at the Walnut's 200th Anniversary celebration last night. Amazing. Incredible.
re: Cast Recordings You Wish You Hadn't Bought
 Jan 27 2009, 03:22:06 PM
Bye Bye Birdie ... awful.
re: Misheard Lyrics That Have Left You Puzzled
 Oct 30 2008, 05:34:34 PM
I am really terrible with lyrics. I thought it was "your really not a bitch" in POTO for ever until practically a week ago. There are a ton of other things i dont understand in POTO so i just make up random lyrics.

Also there are a lot of things i dont understand in Aida. I cant tell wat shes saying the whole end of "The Dance of the Robe."

I have some really funny ones from my friend. We were singing along to The Wedding Singer, and in "Casualty of Love" she thought it was "pi

re: '13' Review-9/21/08
 Sep 22 2008, 01:14:08 PM
I agree that if you are going to put teens on Broadway, they must be held to the same standards as any actor. If I am going to spend the big bucks to see a Broadway show, I want to see performers who can sing, act, and dance. There are so many talented kids out there - I know them - I've seen them perform. They are amazing singers, actors and dancers. There is no excuse for casting kids who can't do all three. Especially leads...come on...I've seen this show...a couple of the leads are good.
re: A Tale of Two Cities= A Tale of Two Acts (8/20, 8 PM)
 Aug 23 2008, 09:10:42 PM
I just got back from the 2 pm matinee. I couldn't disagree more. The leads were uniformly excellent - believe me, I'm dead tired of going to Broadway shows where leads either can't sing or can't act. That is not the case here. Also, I was just telling someone I loved the lighting and although I agree that the first act was a bit long, I was never bored and neither was anyone in the audience. This show is lush and engaging and sung and acted brilliantly. The audience, without exception, was
re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on 13 (Pre-Broadway Try-Out)
 May 14 2008, 12:27:49 PM
I saw the show opening night. It was very middle school production for me. Liz Gillies was definitely a stand out and I agree that the ensemble was strong and energetic, but many of the other leads fell flat for me. Lines were delivered without emotion and blocking was mechanical. After hearing some great things about the singing ability, etc. of some of the leads, I was very disappointed. Perhaps it was opening night nerves, perhaps it was because the show is being changed almost daily, b
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You