pixeltracker

Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing

Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing

bwaybri2
#1Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/7/09 at 11:37pm

I could have listened to Becky Gulsvig a lot longer. I heard LBB on broadway - I choose this Elle hands down.

WishingOnlyWounds2
#2re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/7/09 at 11:38pm

Becky is my favorite Elle, I was so upset I never got to see her live. I missed her going on for Elle on Broadway by one performance!

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#2re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/7/09 at 11:39pm

I thought she was awful. She was one of the worst parts of the tour when I saw it, imo.

sgv123
#3re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/7/09 at 11:40pm

Compared to LBB is not very good live at all.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#4re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/7/09 at 11:40pm

A good singer, yes. A good Elle? It's hard to tell. She didn't seem to have the natural bubbly personality that LBB possess.

raggballad2 Profile Photo
raggballad2
#5re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/7/09 at 11:43pm

She was amazing and so full of life (and had a knock-out voice) when I saw her last week in Chicago. Even with the messy sound system, she sounded strong, clear, and alive!

AndAllThatJazz22
#6re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/7/09 at 11:45pm

She has a lovely voice but she is not very theatrical and her acting always falls very flat.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

Trish2
#7re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/7/09 at 11:57pm

The piece they selected to showcase was an atrocity. I think it was just as bad as the Mama Mia segment. Well, maybe worse.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#8re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 12:02am

Wasn't impressed at all. Any one of those girls from the MTV show couldn't done it so much better. So to speak.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#9re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 12:03am

atleast she didn't screw up that last note.

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#10re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 12:06am

Shoulda just brought in Laura Bell Bundy. I hear she's on as Elle more than Becky these days anyways.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#11re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 12:08am

Did they pay to fly in the tour shows or how do you think that worked?

Ole Chum
#12re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 12:20am

i thought becky gulsvig was fantastic.

i have no idea why we had to see any touring shows perform- ridiculous- but she did a fantastic job.

sgv123
#13re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 12:23am

I really liked seeing some of the Broadway cast again though.

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
#14re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 12:24am

I enjoyed seeing Tracy Jai Edwards.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#15re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 12:24am

I agree the touring productions seem out of place (though I enjoyed watching the Jersey Boys one), but they are trying to do whatever they can to increase viewership to the awards show (more performances and less creative award presentations). Also, it gets the word out about shows that are traveling the country if people cannot make it to NYC. So, in a way it is a good thing. But, yeah, this year I though Legally Blonde and Mamma Mia gave bland performances.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#16re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 12:27am

I understand the point of the touring shows, but I feel like it could have been done better. Like, why not go to them in their respective cities and tape a performance? That way the viewers at home can see, "Oh, Legally Blonde is in Nashville. Mamma Mia is playing in Florida, etc." I think that would have gotten the word out there more. Or maybe they should reach out to more colleges and incorporate people trying to get into the business or studying the arts or something.

dancindramadork
#17re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 1:53am

I saw Becky on tour and I went in with extreme skepticism expecting to hate her from what I'd seen. It was quite the opposite really. She is my favorite Elle now, but you'd never see it from short little bits of performances...she carries the show well in my opinion which you'd need to experience to see why she makes such a great Elle.

kate86 Profile Photo
kate86
#18re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 4:08am

I love Becky. She is my favorite Elle. Hands down. Was lucky enough to see her 2x on Broadway last summer.

(I so hope there will be videos on YT soon. Living in Europe sucks.)

4-11-10 Wicked (Oberhausen) ~ 8-7-10 Promises, Promises ~ 8-8-10 Next to Normal ~ 8-12-10 Bway @Bryant Park ~ 8-15-10 Jersey Boys + Sing for the Cure ~ 8-18-10 American Idiot ~ 8-19-10 Wicked Divas (Murney/Mackey) in Saratoga Springs, NY ~ 8-21-10 Next to Normal ~ 8-23-10 Natalie Weiss @Birdland ~ 8-24-10 Wicked ~ 9-4-10 Wicked (Oberhausen)

rich.hanson59
#19re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 8:50am

Who were the sorority girls? I only picked out Tracy Jai, and I think Gaelen Gilliland was all the way on the right side, but I could be wrong.

pli1018
#20re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 9:36am

That was Gaelen, I think ALL of the girls were in the Broadway cast at some point or another. Either they're now on the tour or it was cheaper for the Tonys to just get whoever was in the NY area.

sgv123
#21re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 11:40am

I saw Tracy, Gaelen, Beth Curry, Kate Rockwell, April Berry, Tiffany Engen, and Emily Padgett.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#22re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 11:52am

Are you sure that was Emily Padgett? She should be in Wisconsin performing with the Grease tour right now.

sgv123
#23re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 11:57am

yeah, you are right that was not Emily.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#24re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 12:01pm

I'm guessing the producers of the TOUR pay for thier travel...it's advertisement....so CBS isn't going to pay.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Videos