News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for taintedxl0ve

Member Name: taintedxl0ve
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

H2$ Darren Criss rush
 Jan 5 2012, 04:32:56 PM
Has anyone gotten SRO recently though? I was surprised they weren't offering it to the people who didn't get rush. Maybe they've stopped selling it now.
H2$ Darren Criss rush
 Jan 5 2012, 04:16:14 PM
I rushed for opening, got there at 7am. We made it into the box office and there were about 8-10 people in front of me on line when they ran out of rush seats. Extremely frustrating. Also, they weren't selling SRO at all when I was there. I called Telecharge later on and they said this show never sells SRO. So if you're coming from out of town I would buy tickets, to be safe.
Best BFA Musical Theater Programs
 Jul 25 2010, 05:32:52 PM
Having a high GPA is also really important because you can get a lot of additional scholarships with it, especially if a school has an honors college. Pace, for example, gives a minimum of $15,000 to each student in the honor college...you need to have a certain GPA/SAT score.

What is the acceptance rate at Carnegie Mellon? I heard that only around 15 students are accepted into the MT program. Also, is Point Park University in Pittsburgh a good MT school?

Jul 9 2010, 02:30:54 AM
The main issue for me is the money, though. I'm paying for my tuition entirely myself, and my family doesn't qualify for any financial aid...we're not even close to being considered low income. NYU's insanely expensive tuition plus their lack of scholarships is the main thing that made me realize I can't even consider applying.
 Jul 7 2010, 01:38:01 AM
I don't really buy all the hype about NYU. I've heard from a few people who go there that their MT program is beginning to fall apart, and I've also heard horrible things about the way the students in the MT program are treated. Plus the fact that their tuition is ridiculously expensive, and I don't want to get out of college with $250,000 worth of loans to pay off.

Whoever said Pace doesn't have a BFA program is wrong. They have a really intense program, and I've heard nothing but goo

Bye Bye Birdie Audition
 May 5 2009, 04:45:18 PM
my friend just found out he's the Hugo understudy :] so im assuming everyone else will hear something today if they made it.
Bye Bye Birdie Audition
 Apr 10 2009, 05:34:36 PM
i dont think any of us should go by an "official" email, because anyone can say that they got an "official" email. but like i said, that logically doesnt make sense, because then Matt and the girl playing Kim are going to look extremely out of place, with the rest of the cast being actual teens and them not. when we get an actual official announcement on playbill.com, then i'll believe it. if that is true, that's really stupid though. 22 year olds shouldnt be playing 14 year olds...stupiddd.
Bye Bye Birdie Audition
 Apr 10 2009, 01:15:28 AM
i dont believe that Matt is Hugo...that makes no sense at all. they're going to cast a 17 year old understudy for a part played by a guy in his 20s? really? and the ensemble is all going to be 16/17 while the leads, who are supposed to be the same age, are 22? makes no sense.
Bye Bye Birdie Audition
 Apr 7 2009, 05:19:50 PM
im just saying that no one knows which roles are cast and whether or not the people called back are being considered for them. i dont believe anything until it's officially announced...a bunch of people are saying that Kim is already cast as one of the girls from 13, but i'm not 100% believing it until i see it
Bye Bye Birdie Audition
 Apr 7 2009, 04:44:22 PM
lol i know how Broadway works, but i don't understand why they'd waste their own time when they had 1200 people to see, and everyone else i've talked to only got to sing 16 bars.
Bye Bye Birdie Audition
 Apr 7 2009, 04:20:53 PM
so if we didn't get a callback on saturday, we're not getting a callback ever? it just seems weird to me that they'd let me sing 32 bars at 4:30 in the afternoon and ask me a bunch of questions but have no interest in even calling me back...
Bye Bye Birdie Audition
 Apr 5 2009, 10:47:02 PM
I went. My friend and I got there a little before 7:30 and our audition time wasn't until 4:00. it was insane. i went home and came back, and hit traffic on my way back in and didn't end up arriving until 4:10, but it was fine. they seemed to be really organized. i got to sing, and i actually sang 32 bars, so im thinking thats a good sign. i didnt get a callback, but the lady asked me a bunch of questions like where i go to school and if i consider myself a dancer. i heard ensemble callbacks are
re: RENT: Live from Broadway (Film) - Thoughts
 Sep 29 2008, 10:25:15 PM
I saw it yesterday. Fantastic, honestly. I have no complaints at all. Like some of you guys said, this is what the 2005 movie SHOULD HAVE been. I didn't notice any shaky camera movements or whatnot- i guess i was just too wrapped up in the show. it's gonna be awesome to be able to have the dvd and basically watch the stage show whenever i feel like it, instead of having to either watch crap bootlegs or the even crappier movie. the picture of Jonathan Larson at the end made me lose it more than
re: broadway halloween costumes
 Sep 29 2008, 09:59:07 PM
i'm being Mimi, and my friends are being Maureen & Angel. i'm gonna try to get other people to be the rest of the characters...it's gonna be awesome.
re: So what did we all buy?
 Sep 21 2008, 09:19:55 PM
by the time i got done meeting who i wanted to and getting a picture with them at the photo booth, it was 2 so i missed out on a few things, but i'm overall happy with what i got:

Picture with Robin Strasser[Dorian, OLTL]
Signed headshot of Bree Williamson[Jessica/Tess, OLTL]
Easter Bonnet Playbill-it was free =]
other random playbills that were free
Hair Playbill from this past summer-it has a ticket stub and some sort of flyer in it too, which is awesome
Les

re: Flea Market 2008
 Sep 20 2008, 11:21:22 PM
oh ok, thanks
unfortunately i can't really get there before 11:30, but im broke anyway so i won't be buying much :[

Sep 20 2008, 11:17:00 PM
what time is everyone getting there? i'll be there by 12ish.
oh and when do they take requests for the photo booth? do you have to be there a certain time to do that? the people i want pictures with are at 1, so idk if i should go earlier.

re: What do you think the next show to close will be?
 Sep 12 2008, 11:19:46 PM
Legally Blonde.
it's only a matter of time.

Sep 8 2008, 09:00:54 PM
i love the soap people. i'm happy one life to live people are there because it's my favorite soap, even though there seems to be the least amount of them :[ oh well.
re: ANNOUNCED: Complete List of Celebrities at 2008 Flea Market
 Sep 8 2008, 08:40:50 PM
i think i'm the only one whos happy with this. there are a few people from one life to live which is my favorite show in the world, even though my favorites aren't gonna be there, oh well. how much do you have to donate for a picture or autograph? i'm gonna end up spending all my money on that.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You