News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gonepishing

gonepishing Profile Photo
Member Name: gonepishing
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Patti Picture
 Aug 27 2008, 02:30:26 PM

re: Laura Benanti Vacation Dates
 Aug 19 2008, 03:24:49 PM
Has anyone here seen Jessica Stone in the role? How is she?
What a bad Idea
 Aug 17 2008, 10:45:00 AM
"Stritchy as Kathy's mother. Perfect."

Okay-That, my friend, would be perfect casting.

re: Gypsy and PBS Great Performances??
 Aug 5 2008, 09:04:38 AM
"I'm pretty sure this current production is going to the West End once it finishes on Broadway. I would be overjoyed if they decided to record it for Great Performances or even straight to DVD. If they did decide to record it they would probably wait to release it once Patti finished her run as Mama Rose here on Broadway, West End, The Orpheum Circuit, wherever the show takes her, even if it takes 5 years."

Well she's not getting any younger.

re: 'Gypsy'/Souvenir Program?
 Aug 4 2008, 07:04:51 PM
Excellent, thank you!
"Gypsy"/Souvenir Program?
 Aug 4 2008, 06:27:44 PM
Does the current Broadway production have souvenir programs for sale at the present time? When I saw the show it was very early on in the run and they weren't available.

re: Tasty Riffs
 Jul 31 2008, 05:39:14 PM

re: BWW's Theatre Database
 Jul 5 2008, 10:42:00 AM
Thank you so much for making this thread! That image popped up on my screen a few days ago and I've been afraid to use the computer ever since. It's nice to know I'm not the only one it showed up for.
re: Rosalind Russell sings 'Everything's Coming Up Roses' on YouTube
 Jul 2 2008, 05:06:22 PM
"Selling" something falls under the category of acting. "Singing" just implies the technique. One can act their way through a song, but that dosen't necessarily make them a talented singer.

Jul 2 2008, 01:02:04 PM
"'Gypsy' dosen't require great singers?? Have you ever tried to sing "You'll Never Get Away From Me"? It has one of the biggest ranges of any Bway show tune. When I sing it, I have to start at the absolute lowest note I can sing."

-One exception in the whole score hardly makes Rose vocally demanding.

"And 'Rose's Turn' really needs a diva to put it across."

-I don't see how that's relevant to our debate about singing...

Jul 2 2008, 08:03:55 AM
I agree with marknyc. The acting in that film is unbeatable. What many people seem to forget these days is that just because Patti LuPone is singing her ass off right now, "Gypsy" dosen't require great singers for any of the roles. Just look at Tyne Daly, one of the best actresses to play Rose! And as far as Louise, the real Gypsy Rose Lee wasn't a very good singer in actuality, not to mention there haven't been many vocally talented Louises, so there ya go.

re: How's this for total Broadway overkill?
 Jul 1 2008, 11:50:45 AM
How was Bebe Neuwirth at Feinstein's?

re: 'Gypsy' Revival Cast Recording Sets Release Date.
 Jul 1 2008, 11:46:46 AM
I was hoping it would be out before my birthday, but oh well.
re: That's one hella boring EQUUS ad
 Jun 27 2008, 05:05:53 PM
"Griffiths has the leading role so shy shouldn't he be given first billing? Radcliffe should give his agent a bonus for getting him equal billing. The role doesn't deserve it."

-Griffith most definitely has the leading role, but not by much. You make it seem as if Alan is some fluff supporting character. I think the two men were billed appropriately; equal, but with Griffith listed first.

re: That's one hella boring EQUUS ad
 Jun 27 2008, 01:22:08 PM
I think the ad is very inspired. I'm so upset that I won't be able to see it...Equus is one of my favorite plays. It would have been nice to see if Radcliffe does the role justice.

re: 'HAIR' cast in VOGUE
 Jun 20 2008, 08:53:32 PM
I really agree with best12bars.
re: Best Dressed at the Tonys?
 Jun 17 2008, 07:45:37 PM
Did anyone happen to see Gina Gershon? What a fox! A truly classic (and sexy) beauty!
re: Favorite acceptance speech
 Jun 16 2008, 04:06:44 PM
Exactly, Patash.
re: Daniel Evans' Shoes
 Jun 16 2008, 04:02:18 PM
What Zeitoujo and being.jeremiah said.

re: Best Dressed at the Tonys?
 Jun 16 2008, 01:04:59 PM
I thought Laura Linney looked very serene and elegant. Laura Benanti looked fabulous as well, but her dress kind of reminded me of the one she wears in the final strip (with the one shoulder strap.) That made it a bit tacky for me.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You