BWW's Theatre Database

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#1BWW's Theatre Database
Posted: 7/5/08 at 3:52am

...does anyone else see what I see when you try to access the theatre database?

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#2re: BWW's Theatre Database
Posted: 7/5/08 at 3:55am

JESUS!

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

MrSweetNAwful
#2re: BWW's Theatre Database
Posted: 7/5/08 at 3:58am

Good, so it's not just me

what the **** is that!?!?!?!
is it harmful?

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#3re: BWW's Theatre Database
Posted: 7/5/08 at 4:00am

I hope not. But it scared the CRAP out of me!

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#4re: BWW's Theatre Database
Posted: 7/5/08 at 4:02am

re: BWW's Theatre Database

Oh. Wow.

Screencap for anyone who doesn't want to look.

(And there's music, too.)

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

[tos]fan999 Profile Photo
[tos]fan999
#5re: BWW's Theatre Database
Posted: 7/5/08 at 4:04am

It freaked me out a bit, too. Damn hackers.

<-----Bernadette Peters and Alexander Hanson in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC.

Send in the clowns...Send in the crowds!

"I prefer neurotic people. I like to hear rumblings beneath the surface."-Stephen Sondheim

BroadwayRandy0711 Profile Photo
BroadwayRandy0711
#6re: BWW's Theatre Database
Posted: 7/5/08 at 4:05am

That has happened to me once when I tried opening the main page of broadwayworld.com.

MrSweetNAwful
#7re: BWW's Theatre Database
Posted: 7/5/08 at 4:05am

I just googled him, looks like a bunch of other random sites have been hit
...he also has a xanga profile

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#8re: BWW's Theatre Database
Posted: 7/5/08 at 4:08am

BWW has a theatre database?
lol

MrSweetNAwful
#9re: BWW's Theatre Database
Posted: 7/5/08 at 4:14am

yeah, they launched it recently, earlier this year I believe, or late last year.
It's hella extensive too, much better than IBDB and ITDB.
Wish I could get to it, I wanted to be an uber nerd and do some research on who would be best to cast in my fantasy Bway production of Shock Treatment, lol.

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#10re: BWW's Theatre Database
Posted: 7/5/08 at 4:16am

Shock Treatment? oy.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#11re: BWW's Theatre Database
Posted: 7/5/08 at 4:27am

EL_MuHAMMeD in Shock Treatment!

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

MrSweetNAwful
#12re: BWW's Theatre Database
Posted: 7/5/08 at 4:51am

The RHPS midnight cast that I'm in is doing it at the end of the month (I'm Glish, the guitarist) and I've been watching and listening to it soooo much a fanatasy Bway cast was bound to enter my mind.

Updated On: 7/5/08 at 04:51 AM

gonepishing
#13re: BWW's Theatre Database
Posted: 7/5/08 at 10:42am

Thank you so much for making this thread! That image popped up on my screen a few days ago and I've been afraid to use the computer ever since. It's nice to know I'm not the only one it showed up for.

MrSweetNAwful
#14re: BWW's Theatre Database
Posted: 7/5/08 at 1:22pm

A-HA! It's gone!

HUZZAH!!!

Let the joyous news be spread the wicked EL_MuHAMMeD at last is dead!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#15re: BWW's Theatre Database
Posted: 7/5/08 at 1:41pm

I'm surprised that a thread exposing BWW's weaknesses and faults has lasted overnight.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

NYC_or_Bust Profile Photo
NYC_or_Bust
#16re: BWW's Theatre Database
Posted: 7/5/08 at 1:51pm

The mods are taking a break to perform Xanadu in their living room.

I adore the black band holding on the Phantom's mask. ~ Jenna2