News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Cory Stickel

Cory Stickel Profile Photo
Member Name: Cory Stickel
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: City of Angels?
 Jul 26 2005, 05:58:02 PM
I saw the show this weekend. I thought it wasn't too bad, but I was disappointed by some parts.

I definitely wasn't expecting to walk into a "civic theatre" production, so the lack of grand sets and colour-coding was a big let-down. The acting and singing wasn't too bad, although some of the women didn't really have an upper register and the "valley girl" accents for Carla and Avril got annoying. The only other big shocker was that "All You Have to Do is Wait" was cut, along with "

Jul 12 2005, 07:06:00 PM
Wow! Thanks for the heads up, buskeat! I'll have to check into that!

::runs to her CD player to load the soundtrack...::

re: Male-Male Duet?
 Jul 12 2005, 01:27:30 AM
"You're Nothing Without Me" from City of Angels
"Confrontation" from Les Miz and Jekyll & Hyde
All "Max & Leo" duets from The Producers
"I am the Starlight" from Starlight Express

Jul 12 2005, 01:15:00 AM
::snaps fingers:: Darn! I was hoping the show might go on the road again. Oh, well. Maybe I'll get lucky with the local theatres. :)

Thank you for the help.

re: Top 10 Living Theatrical Legends
 Jul 12 2005, 01:01:41 AM
Definitely Bernadette Peters, Nathan Lane, and Michael Crawford (even though M.C. was responsible for the death of Dance of the Vampires...). And how could we forget Julie Andrews? I think Tim Curry ranks up there, too.

As far as non-performers: Sondheim (forgive the spelling), the composers of Les Miz (I won't even ATTEMPT to spell their names), and Andrew Lloyd Webber. And even though the thread subject is LIVING legends, I just HAVE to meantion the recently departed Cy Coleman.

City of Angels?
 Jul 12 2005, 12:48:12 AM
Does anybody know if there's going to be a tour of Cy Coleman's City of Angels any time soon, especially anywhere in Michigan? I know it toured back in the early nineties, but was wondering if there might be a revival (like Sweet Charity is on B'Way right now, and like the Barnum set-up that I saw two years ago). I heard a few months ago that a production of CoA was staged down south somewhere (I believe in Texas), and was curious if anything might come of that. I love the soundtrack, and hav
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You