News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for starsandthemoon

Member Name: starsandthemoon
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Songs For A New World
 Oct 19 2008, 02:01:42 PM
here is the link . . .

http://www.edgeboston.com/index.php?ch=entertainment&sc=theatre&sc2=reviews&sc3=performance&id=814

re: songs for a new world
 May 22 2008, 03:09:19 PM
This was clearly the wrong place for me to bring my excitement. I thought the community on this message board would be open to discussing this show and how exciting it is that is aparantly coming back to NYC, but given the response I guess not.

And also, "TooDarnHot" you really might want to check your facts before you make some of those statements again.

May 22 2008, 02:03:33 PM
I'm not trying to be rude. I just wanted to know if anyone else had heard anything more about this production . . . so, no, I didn't answer my own question.

Also, no one can get the rights to the show with out JRBs approval - any living writer or estates of deceased writers have to give approval before the rights for a show are released. Writers/composers have ALL the power in releasing the rights unless they have sold them outright and very few do that. And as far as I know, JRB has

May 22 2008, 01:00:56 PM
I saw a listing on playbill.com looking for actors - said it was performing in NYC this fall . . . the listing isn't up anymore . . . and I just found this on http://networkedartists.tribe.net/threads/rss . . .

PHOTO/RESUME REQUEST FOR 'SONGS FOR A NEW WORLD', NEW YORK

Thurs. May 15 and Fri. May 16 by appointment only. At Grey Matters Productions, 273 Bennett Ave., #4D. NYC. Grey Matters Productions is casting for its upcoming production of Songs for a New World. This is a union/non-union production and will be a (pending) AEA Showcase with a stipend available. Breakdown: Looking for all ethnicities, must KNOW/LOVE this show. Man 1: 20s, athletic singer/dancer. Tenor to C (Rock/R&B falsetto extension a plus), comfortable with intricate harmonies. Woman 1: 20s, singer/dancer. Soprano with contemporary lyric belt to Eb, mix to G, Comfortable with intricate harmonies. Man 2: 40s/50, singer/dancer. Mezzo with Broadway belt to D, Comfortable with intricate harmonies. Woman 2: 40s/50s, singer/dancer. Mezzo, with Broadway belt to D, Comfortable with intricate harmonies. Teenage Ensemble: 14-18 years, m/f singer/dancer. All must be comfortable singing intricate, close harmonies throughout their ranges. Sopranos to Bb, Belts to D (preferably E), Altos to F, Tenors to Bb, Baritones to F (some to Ab). Rehearsals in September, performances in October. Send your headshot and resume to: Bailie Slevin, 273 Bennett Ave. #4D, New York, NY 10040. Or send to songs.producer@gmail.com.

I didn't think JRB let the show go up in NYC.

songs for a new world
 May 22 2008, 12:08:11 PM
has anyone else heard about "songs for a new world" being done in NYC this fall?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You