News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Aerial

Aerial Profile Photo
Member Name: Aerial
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: New Yorkers?
 Aug 6 2004, 09:58:55 PM
I'm from RI. Including my trip tomorrow, I'll have been 3 times this year(Avenue Q, The Producers, Assassins, Wicked, AIDA), but before that I hadn't been since my senior year of high school 4 years ago. I saw about 5 shows in 3 trips then too. It comes in spurts. I used to usher at our touring house in Providence, so for 2 seasons I saw all of the musicals that came through, so that was cool. I just more or less stay up to date on the news.
re: Broadway Camp
 Aug 6 2004, 09:48:01 PM
Hehe...I found that article hilarious when I encountered it in the Times this morning. Just the way they kept going back to the Menzelist thing was amusing. The writer was completely making fun of them, while trying to objectively tell about the camp. I sure hope I wasn't that crazy when I was 15 years old and had just gotten into theatre(ah RENT, my first obsession...that I still love 7 years later).
re: Favorite Love Songs
 Aug 5 2004, 11:35:28 AM
"In Whatever Time We Have"-Children of Eden
"It Takes Two"- Into the Woods
"Dangerous Game"- Jekyll & Hyde
"As Long As You're Mine"- Wicked

And those that aren't quite love songs, but rather sad retrospectives:
"I Know the Truth"- AIDA
"I Guess I'll Miss the Man"- Pippin
"I'm Not That Girl"- Wicked
"Could We Start Again Please"- JCSS

re: 'Wicked' Weds Mat- 8/4
 Aug 4 2004, 09:02:44 PM
I'm really hoping Idina's on on Saturday. As great as I've heard Eden is, I've been waiting all summer to see the show.
re: Live Clip of Idina's Acceptance Speech
 Aug 3 2004, 10:40:49 PM
For a while the Tony Awards website had the speeches archived in the multimedia section, I'm not sure if they still do. It's worth shot.
re: Wicked or Rent?
 Aug 1 2004, 12:20:29 AM
Such a hard choice. I know I'm looking forward to seeing Wicked next week, but I've seen RENT 3 times(all on tour). I'd say that if you're seeing a show in NYC, see something that you can't see on tour(for a while). If both fall into that category, I don't know what to say...I've loved both at one point or another.
re: what is aida about?
 Jul 29 2004, 09:38:44 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing it next week. I've liked the soundtrack for some time now, but I really knew little of the plot.

I must say though, the RENT book is wonderful, and I wouldn't call it mostly the libretto. The libretto is one of like 4 parts, the rest of which are commentary on the process. I will admit though, I don't think I've seen the AIDA book(unless its the generic Disney on Broadway book).

re: wicked site updated
 Jul 28 2004, 07:46:14 PM
yeah, that's what I thought, but I'm not sure either. Equity has many a strange rule. The recording is an entirely different thing, not subject to rules like that.
re: wicked site updated
 Jul 28 2004, 08:18:55 AM
I may be mistaken, but I thought they were required to remove the former actors from any type of publicity(and I would guess that the website qualfies as that), within a certain time frame per Equity rules. I'm not sure though, I haven't read the production contract(even the old one)...LORT has a rule like that though.
re: Broadway Show Bloopers
 Jul 22 2004, 09:34:11 PM
Making it on Broadway is a really great book. It's great to see just what people had to go through to get where they did. I unfortunately have never seen any bloopers personally(at least not on Broadway...local professional theatres are another story).
re: Musicals for H.S
 Jul 16 2004, 10:41:09 PM
Pippin could work. When I did it years ago in high school we had a female Leading Player. I've seen it done both ways many times, and I think that role can work either sex.
re: sorry to rehash..but when is Kristin's last day in Wicked?
 Jun 29 2004, 09:54:30 AM
No, no, no. Kristin and Norbert opted not to renew their contracts, which end on July 18th, in favor of moving on to do other projects. Joel and Idina renewed until at least January 2nd.
re: sorry to rehash..but when is Kristin's last day in Wicked?
 Jun 29 2004, 07:29:57 AM
July 18th
re: Has anyone read the actual Wicked book?
 Jun 25 2004, 11:52:15 AM
I think it depends on the kid, whether or not it would be appropriate for a 10 year old. Personally, I could have handled the book at 10, but I was an advanced reader, and read all sorts of things "too mature" for me. I think there are things she'll miss, hell at 22, I didn't get somethings until I read it a second time, but she'll probably enjoy it.
re: Best male/female humorous duets?
 Jun 24 2004, 01:24:52 PM
I love He and She, from Boys from Syracuse.
re: Avenue Q
 Jun 24 2004, 01:19:01 PM
Schadenfreude...perhaps my own personal mantra...
re: Idina's 'Still I Can't be Still'
 Jun 22 2004, 11:17:46 AM
I just got both CDs as well. I'd looked in every music store around here, and couldn't find it, but then CDbaby got the 1st one back in stock, so I ordered both. I like 'Here' better than 'Still I Can't be Still'.
re: Idina's 'Still I Can't be Still'
 Jun 15 2004, 08:49:27 PM
I've been trying to find a copy of that CD for a few days now...no one has it anymore. But CD Baby has 2 minute clips of all the songs from both CDs if you search for Idina.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You