Broadway Show Bloopers

cvapb Profile Photo
cvapb
#0Broadway Show Bloopers
Posted: 7/19/04 at 5:54pm

Ok, I know this has been done in the past, but I searched and didn't find anything. Anyway, I am sure it could be updated. What is the funniest blooper yall have seen? Here is mine:

When I went to see Annie Get your Gun, Bernadette Peters jumped and landed on her dress. As she tried to walk, she realized her heel had gone through her dress and ripped a big hole in it. She started cracking up and said some funny lines. It was hilarious. Updated On: 7/19/04 at 05:54 PM

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#1re: Broadway Show Bloopers
Posted: 7/19/04 at 6:06pm

In WICKED when you can see the machine that lifts the witch.

In AVENUE Q when the show opened.

BernieG
#2re: Broadway Show Bloopers
Posted: 7/19/04 at 6:10pm

In Phantom of the Opera I was in front mezzanine and you could see the wire pulling the chandelier down.

Moo with me! And I was Elphaba the Good so if anything that I post sounds like her, it's because I am her!

CJR
#3re: Broadway Show Bloopers
Posted: 7/19/04 at 6:18pm

I've seen many.... most memorable was Belle Calaway fcuking up the lines in the song Roxie. (btw, that is the one and only time in all the times I've seen Belle play Roxie that she's ever messed up)

"I'm gonna be a celebrity, that means somebody EVEYRYONE knows! They're gonna nyuk, uh, dum ba dum ba da, hair, teeth, my eyes, my nose"

(of course, it sounded much funnier thank it looks in print lol)

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

bronxboundexpress
#4re: Broadway Show Bloopers
Posted: 7/19/04 at 6:21pm

Joey Fatone did the same thing durring the Dentist song last week at LITTLE SHOP.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#5re: Broadway Show Bloopers
Posted: 7/19/04 at 6:25pm

A couple of things here and there...

- Angela (Miss Dorothy) dropped her purse at Millie.

- Chris Sieber almost broke out of character, trying not to laugh when he looked at the audience during the "Millie seduces Trevor Graydon" scene.

- On a Regis and Kelly performance of "Good Morning Baltimore," the purse slips off a Marisa's shoulder (forgot which lyric).

- During the 42nd Street tour, this feather or small piece of fabric *slowly* comes tumbling down from above (maybe from a costume) and one of the guys on the side catches it and goes backstage to throw it away then comes back.

That's all I remember.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

BernieG
#6re: Broadway Show Bloopers
Posted: 7/19/04 at 6:25pm

That would be really funny to watch.

Moo with me! And I was Elphaba the Good so if anything that I post sounds like her, it's because I am her!

#7re: Broadway Show Bloopers
Posted: 7/19/04 at 6:37pm

Beauty & the Beast in Los Angeles;

One of the dancers Pantalomes (sp?) came down in the middle of the Gaston dance, bless her heart she kept on going, and everyone on stage lost it at the end of the dance.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#8re: Broadway Show Bloopers
Posted: 7/19/04 at 6:46pm

the only thing i've seen was the smoke machine go on too soon in millie (the one for the speakeasy set) so immediately after "they don't know" there was smoke coming out of the side of the stage. It resulted in quite a few concerned audience members

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

TheGirlinTheFrock Profile Photo
TheGirlinTheFrock
#9re: Broadway Show Bloopers
Posted: 7/19/04 at 6:47pm

Hugh Panaro in POTO. The end scene he throws the manikin and her shirt/bra popped off. He didnt notice it at first - but i did. I watched him to see when he did notice. When he did he started to laugh but turned it into a scream of anguish and frustration. He covered it very well.

Though scattered and divided we are still its heart...AIDA SEPTEMBER 5th, 2004...one more longing backward glance... I AM NOW "TGIF!"

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#10re: Broadway Show Bloopers
Posted: 7/19/04 at 6:47pm

awwww he's adorable. No matter what he does.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Ruffian
#11re: Broadway Show Bloopers
Posted: 7/19/04 at 6:56pm

One night at "TABOO" the Urinal Scene just stayed put when it was supposed to go off, they played the Pick-Up scene between George & Marcus with Esparza sporting off on it big time. Also one night Philip's Wedding Dress wouldn't get in place, So Raul tossed it off & did some more classic ad-libs, ending with a flash of undies

Must say I enjoyed that

bronxboundexpress
#12re: Broadway Show Bloopers
Posted: 7/19/04 at 6:58pm

Anybody here see WHISTLE DOWN THE WIND in London at one of the many performances where the stage wouldn't rise like it should after several numbers?

Ruffian
#13re: Broadway Show Bloopers
Posted: 7/19/04 at 6:59pm

lmaooooooooooooooooo

itstheM Profile Photo
itstheM
#14re: Broadway Show Bloopers
Posted: 7/19/04 at 7:46pm

This just happened actually. Last Thursday, Paige Davis messed up the words to "Nowadays." She said "it's grand isn't it great isn't it WONDERFUL!!! ....Well I thought it was funny.

Baby, dream your dream Close your eyes and try it!

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#15re: Broadway Show Bloopers
Posted: 7/19/04 at 9:04pm

The funnel fell off Randy Harrison's head in Wicked as he was standing on the little balcony.

Rebecca Luker sang the wrong lyric in "Unusual Way" in Nine.

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#16re: Broadway Show Bloopers
Posted: 7/19/04 at 10:05pm

When i saw "Joseph and the..." Donny Osmond stopped the show during "close every door" because he ran out of breath, forgot his lyrics, and his mouth was really dry. He literally said something like, "STOP! STOP! *motions to stop the orchestra* Can somebody get me a drink of water?! *water comes from the wings* Where am I know? *whispers* Ok, lets continue."

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

HeartinNYC Profile Photo
HeartinNYC
#17re: Broadway Show Bloopers
Posted: 7/19/04 at 11:04pm

In "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum", there was one scene where Nathan Lane was supposed to grab a ring. Well, the ring accidentally careened into the air, landing on the very edge of the stage. The audience gasped and erupted with laughter. Nathan, with his amazing impromptu flair, said, "Ah, f%^k it!" Then, after a beat, he added, "Hey! I invented an expletive!"

I say Nathan Lane for freakin' president! re: Broadway Show Bloopers

Neither a borrower nor a lender be...unless that's mine in the first place.

NYUstud Profile Photo
NYUstud
#18re: Broadway Show Bloopers
Posted: 7/19/04 at 11:15pm

During Beauty and the Beast (national tour) in Dallas a whole backdrop fell on to the stage. The whole metal bar that was holding it up came down too, it fell pretty hard. No one was hurt, but they cancelled the show. And added an extra sunday night performance to make up for it. We all got replacement tickets.

"So much of me is made of what I learned from you. You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart."-Wicked

thtrehead12 Profile Photo
thtrehead12
#19re: Broadway Show Bloopers
Posted: 7/19/04 at 11:29pm

(Collected from the NY board and other various sources)

-NORBERT LEO BUTZ in rent and cabaret-

1. After Marcy sang "Someone to live for, unafraid to say I love you" Norbert said "YOU NEVER SAID IT EITHER!"

2. Norbert gave Marcy his jacket by mistake in La Vie Bohome, and then put on her jacket and danced around in it.

3. Norbert said "I gotta go. Oh nooo. Oh ****."

4. Once, Norbert was having trouble with his headset, so during Happy New Year he went upstage and took off his jacket so a techie could help him fix it. When his line "Bolted plywood, padlocked with a chain..." came up, he was upstage without a mike, so he kind of threw his hands up in despair and Marcy looked around and jumped in with his line.

5. During La Vie Boheme (as Mark,) Norbert messed up and said "And Maureen Johnson, back from her one night engagement at the Eleventh Street Lot will uh...um...sing, um, on a thing, which she has never played..."

6. One time during Finale A, the film wouldn't go out, so Norb was laughing at that. He said his line as "I think a little bird told her... Hahaha!"

7. Norbert forgot to plug in his guitar, so Anthony had to say, "And if Roger had remembered to plug in his guitar, that WOULD have reminded us of Musetta's Waltz

8. As Mark, Norb has fallen off the end of the table more than once.

9. One time when he was sick, he came out during Christmas Bells with his scarf tied over his head.

10. At Cabaret, Norbert flashed the man he was dancing with. He then started to crack up.

11. And of course, there's the classic moment when Norbert dropped the Stoli at Anthony's last.

Updated On: 7/19/04 at 11:29 PM

Broadwaygirl4life
#20re: Broadway Show Bloopers
Posted: 7/19/04 at 11:34pm

Hugh Panaro is so beautiful...

Anyways in the fighting scene in Movin' Out "We Didn't Start The Fire"/"Goodnight Saigon" I'm sitting there watching and all of a sudden I see this guy underneath the army tank pushing it out. But I was really close to the stage so I saw all the expressions on his face. It was hilarious he looked so tired and he squinted everytime he went to push it. It was so funny but the scene was so serious.

"[My son]'s really into my music, but one day we were listening to Billy [Joel] in the car and he said, 'Daddy, I think Billy's songs are a little better than yours." (Michael Cavanaugh)

Scottie310
#21re: Broadway Show Bloopers
Posted: 7/19/04 at 11:53pm

This isnt a Broadway show, but I was in The Sound of Music at the Helen Hayes Theater Company in Nyack, and we had a lot of set complications. One night the house didnt move off stage, so "16 going on 17" which is supposed to be in the garden, took place in the living room. Another night, these trees started to role on stage in the middle of the scene where the nazis first come to the house. Everyone on stage started laughing. It was really funny. To cover it up, Martin Vidnovic, who played the Captain, said something like "oh this vegetation is getting out of control" and he pushed it off stage.

Britt0913 Profile Photo
Britt0913
#22re: Broadway Show Bloopers
Posted: 7/20/04 at 12:13am

This was a while ago, but when I went to see Lorraine Bracco in THE GRADUATE last January there's the scene where they're checking into the hotel for the first time. Lorraine Bracco looked down to check her watch and she had forgotten to put it on! Then she looked toward the wings and slowly pulled down her jacket to cover up where the watch should have been.

LaurenB
#23re: Broadway Show Bloopers
Posted: 7/20/04 at 12:28pm

- A Streetcar Named Desire (with Glenn Close and Iain Glen). Iain, as Mitch, threw a cup against the kitchen wall in a fit of rage. He threw it so hard that the cup bounced against the wall and flew into the audience at high speed. Iain went on with the scene, without a hitch. But during the curtain call, he went down to the lady and apologized. Updated On: 12/17/04 at 12:28 PM

#24re: Broadway Show Bloopers
Posted: 7/20/04 at 2:48pm

in a funny thing happened on the way to the forum at the Alley THaeter in Houston it was the final show and Psedulous (sp) was talking about the ghost that haunted the house of the guy that was away searching for his children. He was like, "and the horrible ghost...*Loooong pause* what the hell was I talking about (to Hysterium) Hysterium:the horrible ghost! Psedulous: Oooo yeah! *they start laughing*

it was great!

Videos