News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for InTheMoney

InTheMoney Profile Photo
Member Name: InTheMoney
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: B*tch, B*tch, B*tch....the song
 Mar 24 2005, 01:26:41 PM
Ooh looks like our version with Paul Nicholas got something you Americans didn't get then! Our version includes THE WORLD HAS GONE INSANE!!! ... But on the other hand it stars Paul Nicholas. *sulk*.

Now, I know AW has said he doesn't want to go to Broadway, but has anyone ever asked him about the West End...

I prefer the lyrics to DANGEROUS GAME from the Complete Recording, but prefer the lyrics to FACADE from the OBC. I just don't see where the class struggle comes into the sh

re: Questions for WOMAN IN WHITE star Martin Crewes
 Mar 24 2005, 01:14:46 PM
He was spectacular in the show and is indeed very cute. I will have to go again before he leaves & this time try to get to the stage door.
re: Finally got to see Phantom!
 Mar 15 2005, 04:49:22 PM
I've missed something:

THERE'S GOING TO BE A J&H MOVIE?!?!?!?!?

ANTHONY WARLOW'S UP FOR THE LEAD??!?!?!?!?!?

If this is true I am one seriously happy bunny!

re: Most Moving Song
 Mar 15 2005, 04:46:56 PM
No-one has mentioned Bui Doi, from Miss Saigon!!! That one just gets me everytime.

Others:
When I Look At You - The Scarlet Pimpernel
The cor anglais solo after the barricade has fallen in Les Mis
No-One Must Ever Know - Jekyll and Hyde
Pity The Child - Chess
When You're Gone - Rage Of The Heart

re: Which character(s) have you fallen for?
 Mar 13 2005, 03:25:59 PM
Chauvelin would have to be a quick fling. (*Agrees with Phantomess about Where's The Girl).

Courfeyrac - again just as a quick fling.

Jean Prouvaire - what a sweetie. But does he count as he's not really developed in the musical?

Matt Cammelle's Feuilly - *drools*

Alex (Aspects Of Love) - but he'd have to deal with the whole obsessional/semi-paedo thing first.

re: Which character(s) have you fallen for?
 Mar 12 2005, 03:12:19 PM
Percy (The Scarlet Pimpernel) - Handsome, courageous, funny, fashionable - what more can a girl want? Enjolras (Les Miserables) - what can I say? I love a passionate man! Jekyll (Jekyll & Hyde) - preferably without the whole Hyde thing going on.
re: Need Scarlet Pimpernel Flier ideas - URGENT
 Mar 6 2005, 08:34:00 AM
Hi guys

Firstly, sorry if I seemed a bit snappy yesterday. I'd spent 8 hours looking at over 5,000 images and struggling with our programme as well and was in a "Why am I bothering? It'll be total crap" mood.

Timote, I've pm'd you. Can't see that image, btw - I just get a white square with a red cross through it.

the.hard.part, that's a great image, but the sub-committee want something a little more ... dangerous, I suppose is the word (their favourite song is "Madame

Mar 5 2005, 05:54:53 PM
No, Cats - I want an original idea - as in "one that hasn't been used before" to publicise MY group's production of the show - not an image used by another company to publicise THEIR show. I already have the official logo which comes with the contract - I now need a background image for the fliers. (Obviously the image doesn't have to have been created from scratch for the fliers - I don't have time for that & the printers charge a fortune for originating artwork. I mean, a completely new image
 Mar 5 2005, 01:56:39 PM
Hi

For some reason my pc won't let me reply to your pm. The size in inches is about 8.125" high, and 5.0875" wide but the picture is landscape & I need to have it portrait (it's also being used as the back cover of the programme), so it needs cropping as well with the guillotine in the centre.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
ITM

Mar 5 2005, 11:39:59 AM
PS; This is for fliers to go in the programme (and to act as the back page of the programme) for our April show, so we've not cast yet, so I can't use characters from the show.
Need Scarlet Pimpernel Flier ideas - URGENT
 Mar 5 2005, 11:27:07 AM
Hi guys.

I don't suppose anyone out there is an artist or computer whizz?

I'm trying to put together our flier for The Scarlet Pimpernel at the moment (almost beginning to wish I'd never taken on publicity - there's now no getting away from the demmed show & concentrating on our current one so my stomach's already churning at the prospect of auditioning for, and not getting, Marguerite). I'd found what we thought was the perfect picture - this one attached.

But it won'

re: Miss Saigon casting question...
 Jan 30 2005, 12:46:40 PM
I believe that the original casting of three Caucasians as Ellen, Chris, and John in contrast to the rest of the cast (who were Philipino or Asian with the exception of a couple of the w*ores who had the right look anyway and Jonathon Pryce as the Engineer) was to make the clash of cultures more striking. The races of the actors is used as an outer symbol of their different views, prejudices, and beliefs.

For example, Kim believes she is John's wife because she has had a child by him an

Ending...
 Jan 29 2005, 11:33:07 AM
Yup. On account of his brain. Aided by the Lion with his courage, and the Tinman with his heart.
re: why do so many despise Wicked?
 Jan 29 2005, 09:56:37 AM
Yup. It's the obsessives who are the problem.

It's the ones who rave about how WICKED is the best thing EVER but have never seen or heard another show or, worse still, never INTEND to see or hear another show. Who when you ask them WHY WICKED is so great just say "Because it is!" and expect you to accept that as a viable reason.

Which I could ignore. Except that they then jump onto other threads about other shows with "Yeah well, it's not as good as WICKED!" or other stars "The

Ancient Egyptians
 Jan 29 2005, 09:43:15 AM
My mum teaches Ancient Egyptian history, and all of her books say that they believed in an afterlife, not reincarnation.

The Pharoahs were all believed to be incarnactions of one god (the sun God, Ra, to be exact), which I suppose does have a reincarnation theme, but the main idea was of a judgement in the presence of Ra (judges of the underworld) to decide whether that person was fit to enter their equivalent of heaven or hell.

The dead would have to answer questions from 42 j

re: Another Phantom of the Opera question
 Jan 24 2005, 03:24:15 PM
Cats, I am fully aware that the electric guitar was used on the demo - I have a copy. Doesn't stop me thinking it is utterly dire.

And there have been stage shows altered to fit the films which have come out. I've seen several productions of WEST SIDE STORY where the songs/who sings them have been altered to recreate the film. Just as some versions of CAMELOT and CABARET contain the songs which were in the films but not the stage shows.

Trust me - NOTHING is too ridiculous for

re: Another Phantom of the Opera question
 Jan 23 2005, 01:25:00 PM
A cadenza is "a flourish (properly, improvised) inserted into the final cadence of any section of a vocal aria".

In other words, there is no such thing as a "normal" cadenza. The one in the sheet music and on the OLC is the original - but different actresses will do their own cadenzas. Different actresses in London have done different cadenzas. Stephanie Lawrence's springs to mind - longer & more elaborate than the original and more impressive. The original is easy for a soprano (more i

re: only tenors for lead roles now?
 Jan 17 2005, 02:33:12 PM
Teth - that depends on whether it is your ACTUAL range or all you think you're capable of.

Example: I used to sing alto and balked at anything above E. 6months with my singing teacher & I'm first soprano (up to highB - C on a good day!) and loving it! I've always had the ability to hit those notes, I've just never felt I could so stopped myself from going for them - my nerves closed my throat off.

Similarly, we have a lad at our amdram company who classes himself as tenor 2 (2n

re: Pirates of Penzance Audition
 Jan 17 2005, 01:32:04 PM
'Tis done! I am a bride! (Yeoman of the Guard)
Oh, Goddess Wise (Princess Ida)

Considering the OPTIONAL part of Poor, Wand'ring One goes up to a D and probably most sops your age would stop at the Bb either because they can't go higher or are too scared to, if you can do the coloratura in Glitter And Be Gay I'd say go for it!

re: SCRIPT on EBAY
 Jan 16 2005, 12:47:03 PM
The only site I've seen with a WICKED script only had the songs, but then I've not gone hunting the web for it.

What REALLY made me laugh was something which happened a few years ago. There was this SERIOUS bootleg site - offered copies of EVERYTHING. Broadway & West End shows - every cast since the 1970s - touring casts (inc. STARLIGHT EXPRESS, which had to be a fake since you couldn't film from ANYWHERE & get the whole show - certainly not without being seen), EVERYTHING a famous name

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You