News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for defyingonbroadway

defyingonbroadway Profile Photo
Member Name: defyingonbroadway
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: What Broadway-Related Names Would You Give Your Children?
 Jan 7 2009, 03:16:10 PM
Boys:
Cole (After Cole Porter)
Jerome (Jerome Robbins)
Gene (Gene Kelly)
Claude (Hair)
Johnny Gallagher (I like how it sounds..I'm not even super obsessed with him. I really love the name though)
Anton, Anthony, or Tony (The Anton from West Side Story, Anthony as in Anthony Rapp, and Tony as in Antoinette Perry Awards)

Girls:
Nessa (Wicked)
Gwen (Gwen Verdon)
Kristin (I've always loved the name)
I would use Idina as a middle name, but probab

re: Hugh Laurie for Higgins?
 Dec 19 2008, 12:28:48 AM
Brilliant choice, but it's a shame about Keira. I think she's a good actor, but it is a musical, and I don't think Marni Nixon would want to do all of the vocals again.
re: Spring Awakening Freak Singing Without You
 Nov 15 2008, 01:24:22 AM
Well most people don't really get much control over their vibrato until 16. I mean training could certainly help. But she probably hasn't had any training. The only thing that really concerns me about her ability is her very obvious lack of expression. As it has been mentioned on previous threads, if you can't be a singer who acts, at least be an actor who sings.
re: Broadway names pronunciation
 Sep 7 2008, 11:41:31 PM
I used to think Patti LuPone was Patti LuPon(ee) so that it sounded Italian, but then I wised up :)
re: What is your LEAST favorite musical ever?
 Jun 29 2008, 07:43:16 PM
I liked Cats......until I saw it. YAWN. I think it's the only musical I had the urge to fall asleep in.
re: Lyrics in musicals that make you itch
 Jun 29 2008, 07:36:18 PM
"What do you think of our rhythm bands...monkey glands...hot dog stands" - Conga, Wonderful Town

I don't know why, but it makes me itch. I love the song, but I just cringe when I hear it..I think it's the monkey glands.

And I know everybody is going to kill me for this, but some of the Sunday in the Park with George lyrics.

re: What is the musical that just makes you cry?
 Jun 29 2008, 02:46:48 PM
RENT, Spring Awakening, during For Good in Wicked, West Side Story.
re: Your Favorite Musical
 Jun 29 2008, 02:44:49 PM
Wicked is still very close to my heart because it what caused me to start listening to other musicals. I just wondered what else was out there. I still love it.

I also love: West Side Story, Sweeney Todd, Phantom of the Opera, Guys and Dolls, Chicago, A Chorus Line, Singin' in the Rain (I've only seen the movie, but I love it!), Rent, Spring Awakening, and many others

re: Mean Girls: The Musical?
 Jun 28 2008, 10:48:21 PM
I was actually thinking Sierra Boggess as Cady, but then when I read Annaliese Van Der Pol, I changed my mind. The funny thing is, I could actually see Annaliese as Andy Sachs in Prada too!
re: Did anyone see Kerry ELLIS tonight?
 Jun 27 2008, 04:49:58 PM
I know nothing about her performances(except the fact that she looks EXACTLY like my best friend) because I haven't seen her live. I don't want to judge anyone I haven't seen live, because they usually turn out to be either way better, or way worse than I thought.

re: Top Ten Musicals Any Actor Should Know ?
 Jun 27 2008, 04:35:53 PM
In no particular order (including my opinions why):

Oklahoma:
It was a musical milestone with its choreography. It wasn't just a revue. It had a plot, and integrated music, drama, and dance into it.

West Side Story:
It makes a bunch of dancers look super gangster and it opened in 57! Come on! :) Robbins purposely cast amazing dancers that could embody their characters and make each of them different.

Phantom of the Opera:
The libretto is amazing, and the

re: Wicked 1st Row- Time of My Life
 Jun 23 2008, 03:06:45 AM
Well, maybe if it IS a small group of people lotto-ing..I mean it's pretty unlikely that I've won lotto every time I've entered, and I've been in a group of four that all got tickets. So who knows.
re: Awkward Stage Door Moments
 Jun 23 2008, 02:57:49 AM
This isn't really awkward or Broadway, or even Stage Door, but I was in Hollywood walking down the street, and this guy in one of those tour buses gave a really audible honk and whistle, and so I look around and I see DJ Gregory of Wicked LA in his car with his dog...and he was just kind of smirking at the fact at how surprised I was to see a tour guide whistling at me...it was a kind of awkward exchange.
re: Eden Espinosa-Pitch Issues
 Jun 2 2008, 01:12:30 AM
I really like Eden's voice, but she used to have this thing she did with her voice I didn't like. But now I really admire her singing and acting, and not only because she was in Wicked. I'm looking forward to seeing her in Rent.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You