News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for seventypercentcocoa

Member Name: seventypercentcocoa
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Evita
 Apr 2 2012, 11:50:32 AM
I know I'll likely get blasted with "but it's a MUSICAL" or "this is about the the singing" comments, but I think it's worth mentioning that, at least to me, this is the best acted EVITA I've ever seen. Patti/Mandy's Evita WAS powerful, but largely because of the shock value of Patti's pipes and precision of the production at large.

This is a terrifically acted show. (Yes, Ricky is Ricky.)
I was particularly struck by the chemistry between Eva and Peron. Elena and Cerveris are a be

re: Best Broadway comedians?
 Dec 19 2008, 01:24:00 AM
sid caesar - that's a solid answer. I would absolutely want to see that.

I did like that Raul is on the list. The only real tragedy at Speed the Plow would have been if HE had to leave the production. One of the highlights of the season.

Although maybe Piven's performance was just effected by all that mercury.

re: Cheyenne Jackson will be on Top Chef tonight...
 Dec 18 2008, 01:17:47 PM
BREAKING NEWS: Cheyenne Jackson did not love the scallops.

We'll be bringing you up to the minute updates as this story unfolds.

Best Broadway comedians?
 Dec 18 2008, 01:11:30 PM
Anyone else feel/think there were performers WAY, WAY better that should have gone on this list:

http://www.broadway.com/Our-Top-10-Holiday-Hams/broadway_news/5017924

Harvey absolutely, but Alli Mauzey? Maybe when she was in Cry-Baby. I know its off-Broadway, but half the Rock of Ages cast should be on there, given the term "ham."

Who do you think the all-time funniest Broadwayers are/were?

re: Broadway Crush?
 Sep 4 2008, 12:58:50 PM
OH GOD, I have the most lustfully innapropirate jones for the kid who plays Graffiti Pete in IN THE HEIGHTS. Anytime he was onstage I just stopped watching the show and started thinking...well, nevermind.
re: First Breeze of Summer -- Meh.
 Sep 3 2008, 11:58:24 AM
I know the reviews have been pretty stellar, but I was overwhelmingly underwhelmed by this production. The set is really well executed and detailed, the tone and mood are set excellently...but the material is dated, and on the night I saw it actors were dropping lines like greased melons.

Uggams opens up with this ridiculous memory, staring at a string of pearls saying the name of an old lover over and over in a southern drawl --- it was supposed to be engaging, but I felt like I was w

re: current cast of Altar Boyz?
 Sep 3 2008, 11:43:51 AM
Saw it a few weeks ago. I think Ryan whats-his-name left permanently. Believe new cast is:

Travis Nesbitt, Mauricio Perez, Michael Kadin Craig, Ravi Roth and Neil Haskell.

re: A Tale of Two Cities...Revisited
 Aug 26 2008, 12:58:23 PM
I usually buzz through these threads, grab some info and scram, BUT...

YMH and TDH: What exactly is WRONG with you? Do you get physically arroused by being snarky, miserable and condescending?

Let people have their opinions - or at least respectfully disagree without going for the jugular, maybe?

Or here's a brilliant idea:

If you don't like a show.....don't see it. GASP!

And for the record, ye of sooooo much valuable theatre knowledge? A "spinoff"

Anyone else LOVE Randy Graff?
 Jul 14 2008, 05:09:47 PM
I saw her in Damn Yankees over the weekend and was reminded of how much I love this lady. One of the best parts of the show, even with the abysmal, dated book they're all working with. Sigh...I REALLY hope I sing like that when I'm 50!
re: College: The Musical
 Jun 25 2008, 12:02:18 PM
I saw parts of this in its formative stages when it was being shown AT a college. Cute, and that's it.

I'm finding I have less and less tolerance for pieces that literally go no where and revolve around inside jokes and examining time-sensitive life experiences as if the composer/writer were the only two to have ever attended college. I mean, we get it - you're witty because you included a bong in a dance number. Good for you.

Now, what was the point again?

I love a go

re: Cirque Dreams -- Jungle Fantasy
 Jun 24 2008, 10:11:13 AM
young kids will LOVE it though.
re: Cirque Dreams -- Jungle Fantasy
 Jun 24 2008, 10:10:34 AM
And what in god's name were they thinking with the horrific, ice-capades ready singer and bad techno music? If they cut every vocal number from the show it would improve vastly...but as of last night, it was very Cirque meets Barbie on Ice meets a euro gay club.

I wasn't expecting a Vegas-style C.D.S. show, but I was underwhelmed none the less. The music really was incredibly off-putting. But some of the stunts were really wonderfully done, and the second act improves vastly on the fi

re: ITH's 96K = rip off of Black Star/Mos Def
 Jun 19 2008, 05:25:10 PM
THANK YOU rgaywrites.

The only thing worse than sniveling little musical theatre crackheads who think they know EVERYTHING about musical theatre are sniveling little musical theatre crackheads who think they know EVERYTHING about HIP HOP.

Hip Hop as an artform has been rooted for over two decades in paying homage to those who have made valuable statements, or even hot beats, before them.

Gee, kind of like theatre. Who woulda thunk it?

re: Your favorite Elphaba....
 Jun 15 2008, 05:44:34 PM
Idina. And Murney - I know a lot didn't, but she's nuanced as all Hell. I actually LOVED her in SAVED too, even though the role was underwritten.
re: Mario Lopez hosts pre Tonys concert
 Jun 15 2008, 05:43:11 PM
I. Am. SO over Mario Lopez.

He's so over worked out he cant even put his arms down.

re: Broadway camp songs?
 Jun 15 2008, 05:41:38 PM
Not totally Broadway, but "Good Morning" from Singin' In The Rain went over really well with my little kids back in the day (minus insane tap break, obviously). The tune and the lyrics are really simple, and catchy. We used it as a warm up more than anything else.

Also OKLAHOMA! was really fun. There's that whole spelling finale at the end, which usually results in kids dissolving into giggles as they mess it up, but another easy tune with some simple solos and an easy chorus. Just a th

post videos of your Tony stuff
 Jun 15 2008, 05:37:00 PM
Yeah, yeah, they're --- we'll, they're THEM, but this is kind of cool, if you're a youtube-type (i am. don't judge me). Will anyone do it? I REALLLY want to see some "Leave Britney Alone"-boy type stuff!

http://www.broadway.com/Gen/Buzz_Story.aspx?ci=567072#

re: Your Thoughts on the Broadway.com Tony Coverage
 Jun 5 2008, 04:12:33 PM
They'll get ripped here!! But they're not that bad? It's easy to get through. Looks like it's still under construction though?
re: Boeing Boeing Stage Door
 Jun 5 2008, 12:39:17 PM
I found Bradley Whitford even sexier after this interview:

http://www.broadway.com/Gen/Buzz_Story.aspx?ci=564304

He's FUNNY! He's got a great butt! And he's smart! Thank the lord!

re: Toughest Song to Sing on Broadway Now
 Jun 5 2008, 12:21:21 PM
It's got to be at least one of the numbers from SUNDAY... wild intervals, time signature changes left and right, disonant harmonies. Jenna Russell goes up and down over her break the whole two hours. Not to mention it needs to be acted too!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You