News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for My.Small.Apricot

Member Name: My.Small.Apricot
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: And The Director Of Wicked (Movie) Will Be...
 Nov 27 2008, 09:24:23 PM
I loved Moulin Rouge, so I think Wicked will turn out pretty good. However, it will be so hard visualizing it as a movie.. the Act 1 finale in particular will be tricky to portray on film
re: Alice- A New Musical
 Nov 27 2008, 09:22:22 PM
RentBoy86--You are judging the entire show based off of 2 short clips... If you saw the show, its easy to tell they are in Wonderland. But from the clips, its mainly the kids in the school. And the musical genre is basically all rock, but it isnt all that "pop rock" that is shown in scene 1. For Eg: the Caterpillar scene is middle-eastern rock and it sounds amazing, and the elevator song is jazz-rock. The lyrics need to be cleaned up in several places, but for the most part they are OK
 Nov 27 2008, 12:23:33 AM
So my friend who had a connection managed to get me a DVD of "Alice." I was thoroughly impressed with the show! The YouTube videos do NOT contain the high points of the show, however. So do not judge until you have seen the show. My friend says there is a rumor it may be tweaked a good bit, and then be made into an Off-Bway show.

CurtisTaylorJr2-- The clips make it seem very generic, I agree with you. However, once Alice enters Wonderland, different styles of music that is other than

Nov 18 2008, 10:29:25 PM
delete
 Nov 18 2008, 10:29:24 PM
Thats not what i meant... I was saying that one clip was a compilation of songs, the other was one full song. Before they say "this sucks", they should've watched both because it looks like this show has a lot of different types of music and some outstanding talent. It may seem a little bit like a "mediocre pop-rock opera" at the beginning, but in the promo it shows that it is versatile after the opening song.
 Nov 18 2008, 10:07:54 PM
You all have your opinions. And trust me, dont judge anything until you've watch botch clips in their entirety. Remember, this is only Community theatre. NOT Broadway!
Alice- A New Musical
 Nov 17 2008, 05:26:38 PM
Found this on Youtube. This musical just had its San Diego premiere and got excellent reviews. I found it very enjoyable! Any thoughts on it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCOx4XeUdn0 (this one is just a promo)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyzUGkqJs7w (shortened version of 1st scene)

re: Les Miz at Wolftrap
 Sep 10 2008, 12:55:55 PM
Well. the show opened last night in Atlanta! It was so much fun, and i've already learned a ton from all the amazing cast members. Some of them treat the teen ensemble like crap, and are always yelling at us, but we just ignore them haha. Anderson Davis is especially very cool and outgoing. But he was the only leading character that talked to the teen ensemble the whole time.

I am in 8 scenes in the show; Chain Gang, At the End of the Day, Runaway Cart, Paris, The People's Song, One Da

re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
 Sep 7 2008, 04:54:35 PM
In response to that God Awful Les Mis "One Day More",
here is that same production, this time it is "At the End of the Day"

This made my ears bleed! They do the same choreography over and over. Especially listen to 1:00. It sounds horrendous!!! Horrible "Harmonies".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn1TaPbFjSE&feature=related

re: Les Miz at Wolftrap
 Sep 6 2008, 04:06:03 PM
I am in the teen ensemble for the Atlanta production. It's going to be amazing! I cannot wait. The audition was not very hard (only 90 kids were there), and they ended up casting 16 teens all over 15 years old.
I am slightly disappointed there is no rotating stage, but I'll get over it. The Proscenium sounds very cool with the whole sewer thing and the doors. It'll definitely be one of the most ORIGINAL productions of Les Mis. I have heard Rob Evan sing on his website, and I'm sure he is go

re: wicked discussion
 Jul 25 2008, 06:53:26 PM
CYT!?! Wow. I am involved with CYT Atlanta
re: Is Gavvy Creel Going To Grow His Hair Out Again For Jesus?
 Jul 21 2008, 10:10:39 PM
Worked with Gavin Creel at a camp a few weeks ago. his hair was very short. It was a buzz on the sides with a mohawk. I don't know if they will make him have long hair in Godspell... they might be doing something different. Who knows...
Haylie Duff
 Jul 19 2008, 03:52:00 PM
I just watched a few episodes of Legally Blonde: The Next Elle Woods Search, and am I the only one that found Haylie very obnoxious and she thought she knew everything about broadway? She was very aggravating...What if she ends up winning the show? That'll be a good twist...But it will kill the show
re: West Side Story Revival....which theatre?
 Jul 16 2008, 10:35:17 PM
I really agree Jagfkb, but they wouldnt move 9 to 5 and Legally Blonde to new theaters... But the Marquis would be the perfect theater for legally blonde!!
 Jul 16 2008, 08:43:49 PM
true.. but they are remodeling the Nederlander. You never know what they may do with it.

Guys, it's probably going to be playing the Nederlander unless another show at a Nederlander Theater announces its closing soon..but most of the shows are doing very well

Jul 16 2008, 08:38:10 PM
Nederlander- Probably
Marquis- Occupied
Rogers- Occupied
Palace- Occupied
Neil Simon- Occupied
Fontanne- Occupied
Gershwin- Occupied

Nederlander is too small though...my guess is maybe Neil Simon will close soon..From what I've heard, Hairspray hasn't been selling out that well... So it is announced they will definitely choose a Nederlander. Maybe they will switch theaters? Or Legally Blonde could move to the Nederlander and WSS could move in Nederlander...

re: The Little Mermaid TKTS
 Jul 13 2008, 05:58:49 PM
ok...well i was just trying to say something positive about a show that everybody hates..i dislike it also, but i dont hate it.

and i was probably over exaggerating when i said "ridiculously amazing"

Jul 13 2008, 05:34:44 PM
Hometown Glory, you didnt think they were great? they had a full ship, two really cool things that reminded me of amusement park rides, and cool waves.

explain to me why you didnt think they were good?

Jul 13 2008, 03:03:42 PM
I saw little mermaid 2 weeks ago and was not impressed. I was not disappointed, but i was not impressed. it was EXACTLY like the movie! The sets were ridiculously amazing, but everything was JUST like the movie (same with all over disney shows except Lion King). Good luck finding tickets to it though. The Wednesday matinees are still selling out these days! But once school starts back up, finding tickets to weekday shows will be fairly easy...
re: Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight
 Jul 13 2008, 03:00:54 PM
Wow.... I've never heard anything like this. "Ms. LuPone will not go back onstage until you are removed from the front row!" If someone told me that, I would've probably burst into tears! How Harsh. Then again, the girl was warned not to use the cell phone... But I agree she should just focus on her own performance and not worry about the teen texting. she should just think about the other people who are all eyes on her in the front row, and ignore that one girl. But it was wrong of the girl to
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You