News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sabina

Sabina Profile Photo
Member Name: Sabina
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
 Sep 7 2008, 05:07:01 PM
This thread is amazing...it's good to know other enjoy bad high school shows as much as I do.
This is "To Life" from Fiddler-it hits its high note (literally) at around :38 seconds, but if you stick with it to the Russian soloist, you are in for a delightful surprise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3AZvaE19k4

Also, I'm not sure if this has been posted, but our very favorite high school Les Mis's version of "Stars" is also brilliant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuXViSTCWG8

re: The Official HAIR Revival Love Thread!
 Aug 16 2008, 12:18:04 AM
YAY Hair! I so hope it transfers so that I have a chance to see it...
Manchester, England, England

re: 13: anyone interested?
 Aug 16 2008, 12:14:18 AM
I'm a teenager AND a JRB fan, but I dunno...this might even be a little young for me, as it seems to be about middle schoolers, and I have no interest at all in that demographic. But I'll definitely listen to it to see if it turns out well, and it certainly would be great for teens to go see something other than Wicked.
re: irritating voices
 Jun 30 2008, 04:08:19 PM
Marissa Jaret Winokur-I so prefer Nikki Blonsky, and I never prefer the cast of movie musicals!
Colm Wilkonson's voice can just get sooo ridiculously dramatic on the Les Miz recording: it's gorgeous, but I sometimes find myself laughing at how melodramatic he is.
Leigh Ann Larkin's voice in the Gypsy revival also really bothered me-speaking and singing, she seemed really unnatural next to Laura Benanti.

re: What is your LEAST favorite musical ever?
 Jun 30 2008, 03:47:32 PM
1) Gigi (the only musical I would never, ever sit through again!)
2) Mamma Mia
3) Phantom
4) Working

Favorite Moments
 Jun 25 2008, 04:17:18 PM
In "The Ballad of Booth" from the Revival of Assassins, when Michael Cerveris sings "What I done/I done well," and it almost modulates to this beautiful, low minor thing-breaks my heart every time!
In "A Miracle Would Happen" from L5Y: so many, but especially "Because I can't f**k HER anyway," and his second, exasperated "ITTT'S a challenge!" Norbert Leo Butz acts the hell out of that song, and it's just so hilarious and perfect!
Also, in "When You Come Home to Me," : "Whyyyy does this

re: What Musical Theatre Song Is Your Top Played on iTunes?
 Jun 24 2008, 08:03:47 PM
With the exception of one song (Bright Eyes), my entire top ten most played is musical theatre...
Top 5
1) Purpose-Avenue Q
2) Worst Pies in London-Sweeney OBC
3) Omigod You Guys-Legally Blonde
4) Run and Tell That (Hairspray movie...I know, I know...)
5) I Believe in Love-Hair OBC

re: Lyrics in musicals that make you itch
 Jun 23 2008, 07:55:52 PM
From Wicked:
"Nessa, uh, Nessa? I've got something to confess-
A reason why, well, why I asked you here tonight."
I know he's saying "to confess/A reason," but it sounds like he's rhyming Nessa with "confessa," which drives me crazy every time.
In Working, the cashier sings
"Every time I PLU-it
For the flowers or the fruit", with "fruit" pronounced "froo-it"...it drives me nuts! :)

re: The Search for Elle THOUGHTS!
 Jun 17 2008, 06:16:47 PM
Emma reminds me so much of that one catty girl that you have to put up with in the cast of every show who is totally impressed with herself, and constantly talks about all the great things she's done. Blech.
Autumn and Natalie are completely adorable and also really talented...hopefully those two will make it far.

re: Rent cast on the Tonys!
 Jun 16 2008, 04:06:36 PM
All I could think was that no one on that stage looked young enough to be hooking up with Mimi, a 19-year-old girl...
It was a really sweet and necessary idea, but a little awkward in practice. I'm sure the final performance will really do the show justice, though.

re: Including Non-Nominated Musical Performances: Yay or Nay?
 Jun 16 2008, 04:00:34 PM
I would say nay, as I liked all 3 non-nominated shows more before I saw those clips... because of the time constraints, they were all awkwardly edited, and didn't showcase the performers well at all.
re: POLL: How will you be celebrating the Tonys?
 Jun 15 2008, 05:50:53 PM
I somehow got lucky enough to find a boyfriend who likes theater, so we'll be watching together. So I guess B, but without the homosexuality?
re: What Got u Hooked on Broadway
 Jun 15 2008, 05:47:44 PM
I was obsessed with the "Broadway Kids Sing Broadway" CD when I was 6, and my mom always played cast and movie recordings around the house because I loved them. My biggest phase was a West Side Story phase in like, 5th grade.
I actually saw my first broadway shows, Hairspray and Gypsy, in March. I wept through "Good Morning Baltimore" and "Rose's Turn," but with an enormous smile on my face the entire time.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You