News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for tgrabon2

tgrabon2 Profile Photo
Member Name: tgrabon2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Audible.com Broadway recommendations?  Aug 26 2016, 03:42:37 PM

TheSassySam: I've listened to many including the two you mentioned ( Razzle Dazzle by Michael Riedel and The Secret Life of the American Musical). I agree that the Patti Lupone audio book is awesome. I also really enjoyed:

Tradition!: the story of Fiddler on the Roof
Master of Ceremonies: Joel Grey's memoir
Maggie Smith by Michael Coveney
Act One by Moss Hart
The Untold Stories of Broadway
Hello, Gorgeous
Fosse by Sam Wasson

WAR PAINT - Pre-Broadway Thread  Jun 30 2016, 03:53:25 PM

" Can anyone recommend seating for this show? I enjoy sitting close but is the stage very tall/built up? "

kellem7

My preferred seats at the Goodman (and Broadway) are first row center Mezz. My friend got second row center orchestra for War Paint and they were great seats too. The details in the costumes, jewelry, props, etc. are truly impressive from the second row. The set is tall but a wide molding defines and frames the top of the set. I saw the first preview

WAR PAINT - Pre-Broadway Thread  Jun 28 2016, 10:02:33 PM

Intermission. It's a stunning jewel box of a show filled with gorgeous ballads. Love it. 

WAR PAINT - Pre-Broadway Thread  Jun 28 2016, 06:36:21 PM

Count me in ! I've been looking forward to this for months.  We'll be there in Row B Seats 15-17. Please stop by and say Hello. 

The SpongeBob Musical opening in Chicago - June 7, 2016  Jun 7 2016, 10:01:30 PM

Intermission. It's colorful, manic, visually creative and in need of a plot. I find myself staring around at the massive set during the show. The kid (he's probably 13) sitting next to me was watching the first thirty minutes then he got bored and turned on his phone and was texting or whatever. That would usually bother me but I felt sorry for the kid because he was obviously bored with the show...as was I. I chuckled twice. The costumes are pretty outrageous and inter

The SpongeBob Musical opening in Chicago - June 7, 2016  Jun 7 2016, 05:59:45 PM

I'll be there tonight too.

Steppenwolf - The Flick and Mary Page Marlowe  Apr 8 2016, 03:49:04 PM

I'm a huge fan of August/Osage County but didn't care for Superior Donuts. Last weekend I saw an early preview of Mary Page Marlowe and really enjoyed it. The random scenes that schmoe mentioned were like fascinating pieces to a puzzle. One maybe two scenes need work to bring out the humor. The acting talent on stage was impressive. I too was confused at the end. After the show I discussed with friends the show especially the ending. We came up with the idea that the quilt that Mary P

Where is security?  Jan 15 2016, 06:23:13 PM

Matt Rogers: Yes, I would.

Awful  Jan 14 2016, 03:32:43 PM

I had four chatty older broads from Italy (they were speaking Italian so I guess that's where they were from) sitting in the row directly behind me at Sister Act. A few nasty glares sent by me their way didn't silence them. "Shut the **** up" it turns out is universal and they did just that. At intermission I stood and turned around to see if we needed to discuss anything. They stared at their Playbills or rummaged through their shopping bags. Act two went by with out a peep

GOTTA DANCE Pre-Broadway in Chicago Thread  Dec 14 2015, 01:30:12 AM

Act 2 standout was Lori Tan Chinn. Her song " The Waters Rise" was simple and touching. My only quibble is with the final group number.  I would prefer the number without the younger company members.

GOTTA DANCE Pre-Broadway in Chicago Thread  Dec 13 2015, 09:55:10 PM

Intermission and I find it Funny. Very funny. It's like Ballroom + Bring It On + a touch of Follies. Kay Walbye as Muriel is a hoot. Georgia Engel rapping will make Lin Manuel Miranda quake in his boots !  

Daddy Long Legs Opening Off-Broadway This Fall  May 13 2015, 12:07:53 PM

I saw Daddy Long Legs years ago at Northlight and really enjoyed. The problem for me with the CD is that the guy that played the benefactor on stage at Northlight had a better, deeper voice that than guy on the CD. Also, the orchestrations seem more pop sounding on the CD than in the theater. Megan McGinnis was perfect in the role. I just saw her in the disappointing Sense & Sensibility at Chicago Shakespeare a few weeks ago. Jane Eyre on Broadway was one my favorites and I listen to the

CAROUSEL at the Lyric Opera in Chicago  Apr 12 2015, 10:27:43 PM

Not a fan of Lyric's Showboat or Oklahoma!, I found their Carousel pretty spectacular. The set design especially outstanding. The lounge restroom/area in the lower level is decorated entirely with the design of the show including framed costume and set sketches, and a model of the set. The detail of the entire display is impressive.  

DOCTOR ZHIVAGO Previews  Apr 10 2015, 03:30:37 PM

Having never seen the film or read the book I went into Doctor Zhivago blind. It was a real slog like a flashback to a grade school Russian history course and just as exciting. In the middle of the dreck was the occasional song with lyrics out of a Hallmark card.

The Visit Previews * Spoiler Alert*  Apr 10 2015, 03:13:34 PM

I'm a huge fan of dark musicals and was very fond of the original 2001 Goodman production. I found the Broadway production of The Visit annoying. It was too dark and too bleak. John McMartin was sorely missed. He was perfect in the part partly because he could sing. As we exited many members of the audience grumbled their displeasure. It pains to me to write this. I was so looking forwarded to being reunited with The Visit.

CAROUSEL at the Lyric Opera in Chicago  Apr 9 2015, 03:49:26 PM

Steven Pasquale on stage is a must-see. I will be at the Sunday matinee.

THE FIRST WIVES CLUB 2015 Chicago Pre-Broadway Thread  Feb 24 2015, 01:57:48 PM
At the first preview on Tues. 02/17 I don't recall seeing anyone standing at the curtain call. Which is odd for Chicago. Kinky Boots, The Last Ship, and a few other pre-Broadway tryouts had the crowd on their feet at the end of the show.
THE FIRST WIVES CLUB 2015 Chicago Pre-Broadway Thread  Feb 18 2015, 04:30:16 PM
Menken Fan: I'm kicking myself now for not seeing Sunset Boulevard at Drury Lane Oak Brook. I saw the tour with Linda Balgord and at Marriott Lincolnshire with Paula Scrofano and enjoyed both.
THE FIRST WIVES CLUB 2015 Chicago Pre-Broadway Thread  Feb 18 2015, 02:27:45 PM
I’m in a grey area about First Wives Club. I neither hate or love it. On the plus side: Most of the funny lines from the movie remain and several new funny, sassy lines were added. The three leads created different characters and aren’t channeling the stars of the film. Faith Prince on stage is always a treat and it’s especially thrilling to see her in Chicago. Carmen Cusack’s comic antics are amusing and her voice is a powerhouse. I can’t recall seeing Chicago actress Christine Sherrill on stag
THE FIRST WIVES CLUB 2015 Chicago Pre-Broadway Thread  Feb 17 2015, 02:06:55 PM
I couldn't pass up discount tickets for my favorite seats: first row, center Mezz/Loge and will also be there tonight.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You