News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Gary Indiana

Member Name: Gary Indiana
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Normal Heart extreme side seating question
 May 15 2011, 09:43:49 PM
I also think either would be fine. I sat all the way on the end house right (somewhere around aisle G) and didn't miss anything.
Mezzanine Boxes at AA Theater
 Jan 22 2011, 12:09:49 AM
I've sat in both the mezzanine and orchestra boxes at the AA Theater. Both have pretty bad views. The level of obstruction depends on the layout of the set, but you're pretty much guaranteed to miss at least a few moments. If you have to have a box, I would go with the mezzanine since it tends to provide slightly better views than the orchestra ones. I would try to get a non-box seat though. All of the seats in that theater have great leg room if that's part of the reason you were looking a
Musicals That Never Made It To Broadway
 Dec 16 2010, 02:00:30 AM
The Rhythm Club
how big/comfortable are the seats in the Palace Theater?
 Dec 12 2010, 10:25:45 PM
I actually found that the seats at the Palace are on the roomier side, as far as Broadway theater seats go. Just to be on the safe side though, you should probably follow Luv's advice and get the folding armrest seats. If you call ticketmaster and ask for transfer seating (the seats are intended for people who need to transfer from a wheelchair to a theater seat), they should be able to help you. Those seats would probably provide your parents with a better view than a box since most theaters
What is the biggest misconception about Broadway?
 Nov 25 2010, 11:42:44 PM
When I was younger I thought that when actors shared a role, they all performed during each performance and switched off for every new scene. My first two shows were The Secret Garden and Les Mis. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how they got all the actresses playing Mary, and the actors playing young Cosette, Eponine, and Gavroche to look the same in each scene. Instead of realizing that it was the same person, I thought the makeup artist was working miracles.
Rosie Wants to be Miss Hannigan 'Exclusive'; Playbill Goof!
 Nov 12 2010, 12:05:08 PM
Thank you Gothampc. That just brightened my morning/early afternoon.

How is TheaterMania's Gold Club?
 Oct 18 2010, 12:43:11 PM
Based on my experience, the gold club offers very few musicals. I mostly use them for straight plays and comedy shows. They have had In the Heights and the Fantastiks a few times, but those are the only musicals I can remember seeing in the last year or so. When I joined, the free tickets were to Chicago, and we were around 12th row center orchestra. When my stepmom joined, the offer was for Bye Bye Birdie, and I know she was in the orchestra, but I don't know where. I've really enjoyed my
LCT broadway or not?
 Oct 16 2010, 08:44:30 PM
LTC has both Broadway and Off Broadway productions, as well as workshops. My guess would be that they are listing it separately just to show what the actors' affiliations with that particular company have been.
Does frequent theatregoing cause more critical/discriminate taste?
 Oct 5 2010, 08:02:20 PM
For me the answer would be yes and no. I've been a very active theater goer for about 13 years now, but before that I used to see 2 or 3 shows a year. I would say that as I've seen more shows I have become more critical about what I enjoy since when I was seeing fewer shows the thrill of being in a theater and seeing a live performance heightened my enjoyment, whereas now my enjoyment is based more on the merits of the actual performance. I have also become more discriminating about what I will spend money on. That being said, in some ways I have become less discriminating. If I have the opportunity to see a show for free, or at a very discounted rate (such as Roundabout's $10 previews), I'll see almost anything. In the past when I was seeing less shows, I was less familiar with discounts, so these opportunities didn't happen as often, and I was more likely to see a big name touristy show than a lesser known show.

So basically, I'm more critical, but I'm only more discriminating if money is involved.

Monday Sept. 27
 Sep 27 2010, 10:54:11 AM
BBAJ, Chicago, Phantom, Next to Normal, and Lombardi have performances, as do many off-broadway shows including Ave Q and 39 steps.
Best finds at the Flea Market?
 Sep 26 2010, 09:24:23 PM
I got:

Broadway Backwards DVD - $20
High Fidelity Window Card Signed by the cast - $10
Rock of Ages drumsticks signed by the drummer - $5
Spamalot umbrella - $5
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels cd - $5
Little Shop Revival cd - $3
Hedwig movie cd - $1
Irena's Vow & Rooms window cards - $5 for both
Irena's Vow & Neil Simon Plays magnets - $1 for both
Shrek whoopie cushion - $1
Color Purple, All My Life, & Hairspray sampler cds + 7 playbills - $1 for the lot

1st People at Spider-Man Box Office refused to buy tickets
 Sep 13 2010, 03:35:29 PM
Averagebwaynut,

I don't know about the regulations, but the American Airlines mezz has more seats per row. I know the first few rows have 40ish seats, and there are no center aisles. I believe that this theater's seating was recently renovated (recently as in the late 80s or later).

Othe example of same songs in different shows in the same season?
 Sep 12 2010, 11:09:02 PM
Nowadays, Hot Honey Rag, and Razzle Dazzle were in Fosse and Chicago at the same time, and Mein Herr was in Fosse and Cabaret. Sing Sing Sing was in Fosse and Swing! at the same time.

ETA Sing Sing Sing was also in Contact which overlapped with both Fosse and Swing!. This is the only example I can think of in which the same song was in three different shows on Broadway at the same time.

Running into Broadway stars on the streets of NYC
 Jul 12 2010, 10:12:29 PM
I've walked past Christopher Seiber, J. Robert Spencer, Greg Jbara, and Heidi Blickenstaff. I saw Marc Shaiman visiting the stage door of another show (I think it was Mary Stuart) and Phylicia Rashad getting take out from Juniors. I saw Bye Bye Birdie at the same time as Lori Loughlin, and according to someone else in the audience, I saw Next to Normal with Chris Matthews, but I wouldn't recognize him from a hole in the wall so I don't know if the person was right. I also literally ran into A
the actor you have seen the most in
 Jul 3 2010, 11:14:35 PM
Brian D'Arcy James - Next to Normal, Shrek, Titanic
Sutton Foster - Scarlet Pimpernel, Les Mis, Shrek, Young Frankenstein
Hunter Foster - Grease, Urinetown, Kiss of the Spiderwoman (Signature in VA)
Frank Langella - Fortune's Fool, Frost/Nixon, Man for All Seasons
Norm Lewis - Little Mermaid, Sondheim on Sondheim, concert
James Barbour - Jane Eyre, Tale of Two Cities, concert
Alice Ripley - Next to Normal (5x), Rocky Horror, Les Mis, concert
Emily Skinner - Full Monty

SHOWS YOU HAVE SEEN MORE THAN ONCE
 Jul 2 2010, 10:07:41 PM
On Broadway:

Hair (Revival) - 7x
Next to Normal - 5x
Scarlet Pimpernel - 3x
Les Mis - 3x
Irena's Vow - 3x
Beauty & the Beast - 3x
Bye Bye Birdie - 3x
Rent - 3x
Billy Elliot - 2x
Avenue Q - 2x
The Civil War - 2x
Proof - 2x
Phantom of the Opera - 2x
Everyday Rapture - 2x
Chicago - 2x
Footloose - 2x
Saturday Night Fever - 2x
Sondheim on Sondheim - 2x
Sunday in the Park with George - 2x

Broadway + regional prod

Past Dating Policy Question
 Jun 30 2010, 09:23:49 PM
I don't know how it works with Ticketmaster, but for Telecharge you just call after a certain hour in the morning (it was either 10 or 11) on the day that you want to see the show and they contact the box office to find if they are past dating for that performance. If they are, they take down your name and original order # and you can pick up your tickets before the show. They only allow it for performances on Monday - Thursday. I did it for Next to Normal last week and actually got better se
Is Allison Case back in Hair or is the website wrong?
 Jan 23 2010, 12:07:07 AM
I saw it last night and it was Vanessa Ray.
What have you walked out of and why?
 Jan 17 2010, 08:09:57 PM
I've never left a professional production at intermission (just a really bad college one once), but I wanted to walk out on The Philanthropist, Present Laughter, Pal Joey, Joe Turner's Come and Gone, Phantom of the Opera, Little Mermaid, Tarzan, and Mamma Mia. I always convince myself that the second act is going to be amazing and that I'll be missing out if I leave.
Sister is going through a hard time
 Jan 12 2010, 11:17:13 PM
"I Will Never Leave You" from Sideshow.

Also, kind of cheesy, but "You're the Top" by Cole Porter, cause if she's having trouble fitting in she might need a self-confidence boost, and it implies that you think she's the best.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You