News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hmpeterson

hmpeterson Profile Photo
Member Name: hmpeterson
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

most beautiful  Jul 20 2012, 07:44:15 AM
Most of the ones I would list have already been named but one that hasn't the I LOVE is

Climb Every Mountain - The Sound of Music

Also:
Say It Somehow and Fable - The Light in the Piazza

Breaking News: NBC & Craig Zadan/Neil Meron to Present Live Broadcast of THE SOUND OF MUSIC!  Jul 2 2012, 06:29:41 PM
You know how they sell this to advertisers...you are doing a live broadcast of THE SOUND OF MUSIC!!!!! It's one of the most, if not THE most, recognized musicals of all time.

You don't need a name for Maria, you need a talent. I completely agree with casting a "name" Captain von Trapp and some of the other parts as "names" and doing "Introducing as Maria....Laura Osnes." How can anyone think it wouldn't work. It's The Sound of Music!

I'm also for Osnes as Maria and Vict

Show Closings and Unemployment Question  Jul 2 2012, 06:13:27 PM
Scottsacto, I couldn't pay attention to your post at all because I couldn't stop staring at your avatar....YUM!!!
Who could tackle Professor Harold Hill?  Jun 17 2012, 11:56:48 AM
Mark Kudisch.
Kristin Chenoweth  Jun 2 2012, 02:39:07 PM
Last night in Philly, she was selling her newest CD and it looked like T-shirts and hats. She was absolutely incredible. I think I counted 5 standing ovations (not including her final standing ovation.) Her rendition of "Bring Him Home" brought chills.

Probably the sweetest moment was when she had 2 16 year old girls come up and sign "For Good" with her. They were best friends and sang the part together. You can tell it really touched Kristin. She told the audience that while

Congrats, Laura Osnes!  May 1 2012, 03:05:32 PM
I'm so thrilled for Laura. She is a stand out talent and she truly deserves this nomination. Way to go Laura!!!!!
GHOST The Musical Reivews  Apr 23 2012, 01:21:58 PM
Good luck to the cast and crew. I am seeing this in August. Can't wait!
BONNIE AND CLYDE only selling tickets until Dec. 30...  Dec 6 2011, 02:32:36 PM
I hate seeing that. I has high hopes that I wasn't planning on seeing this until Feb/Mar. Guess I have to make a special trip to NYC before the end of the month! That sucks!!!!
GLEE ratings  Oct 3 2011, 04:24:42 PM
As someone who has seen the SMASH pilot, I thought it was great. It was the best pilot NBC had. Although GRIMM was also very cool. SMASH is NOTHING like GLEE (thank God) and the talent on SMASH is much stronger than Glee. Since NBC's line up isn't very strong, I hope it sticks around. Unfortunately, if you aren't a crime procedural or reality TV, and are something unique and different, people tend not to watch.

I agree with the comments that Glee is dropping viewers because the

Goodbye CATCH ME  Sep 4 2011, 12:11:53 PM
Sorry to see Catch Me go. I thought this was going to have a good run. I saw it in August and thought it was a really entertaining night at the theater with a very talented cast. I wish all the cast the best of luck!!!!
BONNIE & CLYDE music  Aug 25 2011, 01:51:55 PM
I wish I could have heard the interviews and the people talking instead of the song.
Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012  Aug 24 2011, 10:17:44 AM
McPhee would be a great suggestion but SMASH is a mid season pick up for NBC. The timing wouldn't work if Ghost is coming April 2012.
re: West Side Story movie re-make  Aug 23 2011, 04:26:04 PM
best12bars....fabulous post!!!!

This is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. I am still laughing over the thought of having Rosie Perez as Anita. Yeah, she's certainly be better than Rita Moreno. Oh God, that's fantastic!!!

As mostly everyone has said, don't mess with perfection. No one should EVER touch this film....EVER!

And can people please stop saying that the insertion of Spanish into the 2009 revival made the show more realistic? It didn't. It was poorl

Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012  Aug 23 2011, 04:08:00 PM
I don't mind Tveit but I think he's too young. And even if he isn't he comes across VERY young on stage. Cheyenne Jackson is a great suggestion but what about Colin Donnell? Would he leave Anything Goes? How about Marc Kudisch? I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted someone like Matthew Morrison. Although I don't know how that fits in with his Glee contract, but he would be great and a name to draw people.

As for Molly, lots of very talented ladies could play that part. Osnes

POLL: What Hit Musical of Old Should Next be Revived on Broadway?  Jun 28 2011, 03:14:04 PM
The King and I
Oliver
The Sound of Music
The Music Man

Classics.

Sister Act or How to Succeed for 16 year old?  Jun 24 2011, 03:20:42 PM
HOw to Succeed is the way to go!!
Disney Pays for Domain Name: piratesonbroadway.com  Jun 14 2011, 02:58:50 PM
Thanks Lizzie. The article my husband read only mentioned priates but it looks like they have a TON of shows registered in case they want to move forward.

Hasn't Father of the Bride been rumored to be in the works for years now? I remember seeing it on Playbill's "coming soon" section about 3 years ago. I think it's still there!

Disney Pays for Domain Name: piratesonbroadway.com  Jun 14 2011, 02:50:35 PM
I know there have been lots of posts on here about what Disney's next show should be. I think this answers it. My husband was reading one of his magazines and there was a news article about Disney registering the domain name piratesonbroadway.com.

It still could mean nothing and they are holding it just in case. But it would make sense considering the popularity of the series.

Has anyone else heard anything or have any thoughts about it?

TONY AWARDS BEST AND WORST DRESSED  Jun 13 2011, 06:57:26 PM
Bettyboy72 you couldn't be more wrong. And it's a load of crap to say she doesn't give a f*@$. Have some respect for the occasion. If she doesn't give a f*@&, then she should have stayed the hell home. Would it have killed her to shower, comb her hair, and put on an appropriate dress for 6 hours. It's the Tony Awards, not the MTV Movie Awards.
Why do people find foul language Offensive?  Jun 13 2011, 06:52:26 PM
Jordan Catalano is right. It's not the words, it's the context and meaning behind what you are saying. Calling someone a silly stupid boob or a dumb f*&@ing bitch is the same. The intent to degrade the person you are speaking to and make them feel as worthless as you can is still the same no matter what words you use.

But regardless of that, society has deemed what words are inappropriate curse words and which words aren't. So there are some people who will find that language of

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You