BONNIE & CLYDE music

bwaybabe2
#1BONNIE & CLYDE music
Posted: 8/21/11 at 6:18am

Does anyone know the title of that song played as background for the B&C reading in NY? It's been haunting me playing in my mind since I heard it yesterday. Lately I have been time deprived to get into much research, so if anyone knows right off, would appreciate their answer.

Carol Doran
#2BONNIE & CLYDE music
Posted: 8/21/11 at 4:18pm

Hi Bwaybabe2, where did you see the reading? If you give me the link, I'll listen and tell you what the song is. I worked on the show, so hopefully I will recognize it.

bwaybabe2
#2BONNIE & CLYDE music
Posted: 8/24/11 at 12:24pm

Carol, excuse me for taking so long to get back here, but I am extremely busy lately...here is a link to that song. I find it haunting and just from hearing it the first time, it has stayed in my head playing...I think this might be the first time a song stays like that just from listening once!
Can you name it?
http://vimeo.com/25250430

iluvtheatertrash
#3BONNIE & CLYDE music
Posted: 8/24/11 at 12:42pm

I want to say that's from the Little Miss Sunshine soundtrack, but I think I'm wrong. Maybe "I <3 Huckabees". Now, it's gonna bug ME!

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

ReggieonBway Profile Photo
ReggieonBway
#4BONNIE & CLYDE music
Posted: 8/24/11 at 1:26pm

Well, it's definitely not from B&C.

Rabekriegerin Profile Photo
Rabekriegerin
#5BONNIE & CLYDE music
Posted: 8/24/11 at 4:03pm

Research says... "How It Ends (Devotchka)" from Little Miss Sunshine. Trust this only as you trust google! :)

wesleystewart
#6BONNIE & CLYDE music
Posted: 8/24/11 at 5:21pm

Yes, it is most definitely How It Ends by Devotchka. Love that song.

Carol Doran
#7BONNIE & CLYDE music
Posted: 8/24/11 at 6:42pm

Yes, it sure is not from Bonnie and Clyde. It must be what you say. I'm not sure why it's used, here. It's a great song but has nothing to do with the show, or the feeling that is apparent in the room, which seems to be happy and excited.

SporkGoddess
#8BONNIE & CLYDE music
Posted: 8/24/11 at 6:54pm

Their photoshoot video uses a song unconnected with the show, too.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

bwaybabe2
#9BONNIE & CLYDE music
Posted: 8/25/11 at 10:13am

Thank you all for the input...I saw that movie and don't remember this song?! And here I hear it to this video and it plays in my head on and on...weird!
I really thought it was from B&C, since it was talking about clutching the Bible, and then "how it ends" sounded like the poem Bonnie wrote about themselves...something about "knowing how it would end"..."it was death to B & C".I now would like to get this for my music library :)

hmpeterson Profile Photo
hmpeterson
#10BONNIE & CLYDE music
Posted: 8/25/11 at 1:51pm

I wish I could have heard the interviews and the people talking instead of the song.

bwaybabe2
#11BONNIE & CLYDE music
Posted: 8/26/11 at 10:44am

Well, I don't think this is an official video from the show promoters...maybe Carol can comment on that. That is probably why the music is not from the show...and yes, it would have been great to hear what was going on...