News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for flotus77

flotus77 Profile Photo
Member Name: flotus77
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Stockard Channing in Six Degrees of Separation
 Apr 4 2019, 03:28:51 AM

@fanatic3 I feel like we should be best friends! Stockard is my everything!! 

I did not catch any of her earlier plays, but the first time I did make it to one, I haven't stopped! I'm not kidding that I traveled to Dublin (from OH) to see her in The Importance of Being Earnest, dear Lord that was a heavenly treat. Also went to London for Apologia! Stock is amazing in almost anything. I have caught at least five of her last

Apr 3 2019, 02:28:08 AM

goodlead said: "I saw that production -- superb in every respect. Fortunately Channing was cast in the movie version, and if you want to know whether it's legendary, you can watch it and judge for yourself."

Stockard wasn't just cast in the movie version of Six Degrees. John Guare had it stipulated that the movie would only be made if Stockard reprised the role of Ouisa. Good thing she did.

Als

Apr 3 2019, 02:26:51 AM

goodlead said: "I saw that production -- superb in every respect. Fortunately Channing was cast in the movie version, and if you want to know whether it's legendary, you can watch it and judge for yourself."

Stockard wasn't just cast in the movie version of Six Degrees. John Guare had it stipulated that the movie would only be made if Stockard reprised the role of Ouisa. Good thing she did.

Also; I'm jealous you

Is Bernadette doing all 8 perfs a week?
 Jan 24 2018, 12:44:21 AM

Oh, hey, no whatever this three-time winner says. Let's just go with it.

Jan 24 2018, 12:29:12 AM

Mildred, Let's put it this way, I've been a fan for the majority of my life (Not including Grease) and I have only heard of her "being rude" to an interviewer who kept asking about her family who she told was off limits. Also, I have never heard of this woman, so I doubt plenty of people told her anything about Stockard that way. These are my opinions based on anything I have seen or heard, and having met her. I know a great deal about her and I hardly think this is

Jan 23 2018, 11:31:10 PM

Mildred Plotka said: "Okay I adore Stockard Channing but she doesn’t exactly have a reputation for being the nicest person. And She’s totally had plastic surgery. Her choice of course, but knee problems don’t cause that to the face."

The medication causes problems, it's clear when she has taken it. She's not the nicest person? May I have an example?

Jan 23 2018, 10:07:42 PM

BuddyStarr said: "flotus77 said: "
Oh god, I just recently saw Stockard Channing on “Difficult People” and she looked hideous. Her plastic surgey was just too awful. I could not see her doing this show 6 times a week."

No. Don't do that. Please do not do that. Don't talk about "plastic surgery". I just saw Stockard in London (in person, for the 9th time in my life, October), and she looks phenomenal for her age. She's not fifty. Don't come on these boards (or any boards) and talk about someone's looks when you're hiding behind a profile. If you need a photo, I can provide it.

Stockard is one of the most flawless actresses of ALL time, and you're not going to base anything on something as speculative as plastic surgery that you just 'think' happened. RESPECT her. She's a hell of a lot better actress (and person) than many other actresses that are on this stupid list. If you want to eliminate Stockard from a Hello Dolly wish list, then say she doesn't have the pipes. Singing is the only thing she isn't perfect at. GTFOH with that. IT'S NOT OKAY!
"

First of all I am not hiding behind a a profile. That profile picture is me in Fiddler.

Second of all, I love Stockard Channing as an actress but don't think she could handle doing Dolly 6 times a week. And yes, she did have plastic surgery, if you have eyes you could see it. (The caption is not mine, it is from the show "Difficult People" where she plays Andrea Martin's coke toting sister.)
"

If you like her as an actress or even a person (any actress/star) you wouldn't throw out those words plastic surgery. Also, I didn't say she could do 6-8 shows a week (why would she even want to?). I said, don't speculate such things. A career could be ruined by lame statements like that, and what's more; you know it!

Let me give you some background: Stockard has a problem with one knee and one ankle. She had surgery on the knee in It's Only A Play, (and before that in Other Desert Cities) and guess what? She has to take medications when her knee acts up, which is often, because she is going to be 74 years old in a few weeks. You think her medication doesn't alter her appearance? Yeah, it does, because she had the ankle problem during TWW and her face was puffy and you could tell she was ill. 

My point is; enough of talking plastic surgeries about actresses (not just her, obviously). They are under huge pressure, I assume you aren't. Why don't you bitch about a twenty-year-old starlet getting plastic surgery when she's young and 'perfect' with no lines and sagging?

Also, late 2017 in London (also not my photo), she looks gorgeous:

Jan 23 2018, 12:42:44 AM

Oh god, I just recently saw Stockard Channing on “Difficult People” and she looked hideous. Her plastic surgey was just too awful. I could not see her doing this show 6 times a week."

No. Don't do that. Please do not do that. Don't talk about "plastic surgery". I just saw Stockard in London (in person, for the 9th time in my life, October), and she looks phenomenal for her age. She's not fifty. Don't come on

Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here
 Apr 29 2015, 10:28:17 AM

""Just going to say it to get it out of my system; Stockard Channing. Not even a nomination? It's not like I'm not used to her being snubbed (7 noms and 1 win? Out of how many performances? At least 20). This is really getting old.
I was all excited to watch the TONY's this year...yeah, not so much anymore."

No one, not even Stockard Channing, expected a nod for a performance that, frankly, wasn'

Rant about the 2015 TONY NOMINATIONS here
 Apr 29 2015, 08:01:00 AM

Just going to say it to get it out of my system; Stockard Channing. Not even a nomination? It's not like I'm not used to her being snubbed (7 noms and 1 win? Out of how many performances? At least 20). This is really getting old.

I was all excited to watch the TONY's this year...yeah, not so much anymore.

Broadway Cares
 Apr 10 2015, 07:29:41 PM

I'm NOT trying to cause trouble or stir things up. I just wanted to know if that was something that is possible. The first set I got was  from Broadway Cares, and I only questioned those because the second one that I got looks as if it IS a copy, but it is from a different entity. I assumed (stupidly) that the people on this board would be kind and relay their own experiences, but clearly half of you are more offended than anything else and two of you were just plain rude. But thanks for

Broadway Cares
 Apr 10 2015, 12:47:40 PM

https://instagram.com/p/1TR1xbh02g/?taken-by=stockardguru

That's the latest. And the others, BwayLady999, I got from Valerie Lau-Kee Lai, producer Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. Thank you very much. You don't have to be nasty. I stated in my original post that I was 'curious', not that I was accusing anyone. I just want to now if I'm getting what I thought I was getting.

https://instagram.com/p/1TTDSRh047/?taken-by=stockardguru

That was the original I received in December. Sorry about quality, but that 'add picture' link wasn't adding any pictures. I now how to do this, it's just that THIS particular link was not working for me. 

Hey, I just want to make sure that I'm getting what I paid for. It was only a question. If you're gonna be rude, don't allow me ton 'bother' you with my idiotic questions! 

Broadway Cares
 Apr 10 2015, 12:19:32 PM

It could just be me, but the names are too...perfect? Like, there aren't any marks from when they'd stop (like a hard ink look) writing. Or any strokes. I know it sounds weird and I'm probably being paranoid... I can't explain it, they look as if they are part of the cover. I have many playbills signed (mostly by Stockard Channing, I collect hers).

They just look...not real? I don't know how to paste a picture here. If someone could instruct...

Broadway Cares
 Apr 10 2015, 06:15:07 AM

I may be a little new to this Broadway Cares donate-every-single-penny-you-have deal, but something is really confusing me. The last go round I managed (without going to the theatre) to get a window card and playbill signed by the cast of 'It's Only A Play'. I paid for them, of course, and was happy to do so for a great cause. Who wouldn't? So that was late last year (I gave them to myself for Christmas...). After I won a contest for 'It's Only A Play' and redeemed it in Mar

Martin Short
 Apr 5 2015, 02:08:06 AM

bfreak...Lane or Short? The night I was there, Lane was in the audience (that was March 25th), and after the show they auctioned off the 'selfie' with the cast and Lane kept bidding on it...with every single bidder, and he was bidding like $500.00 at a time (seriously why would he do that?) and finally the last guy that was bidding said "$4,000.00 and HE (Lane) gets in the picture too". And he got it. I felt that Lane was way out of line doing that. I mean, yeah, it's for a good cause and eve

Martin Short
 Apr 1 2015, 05:09:18 AM
Good to know someone else appreciates Stockard Channing's greatness other than myself. I saw it on the 25th, and met her back stage (7th meeting with her, she's my soul-mate...). Haven't seen Lane yet (want to see TR Knight), so I'll probably go back one more time. Provided I can afford it. Hmm...
Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
 Apr 1 2015, 05:04:05 AM
Every time I send pictures (or collectibles) to Stockard Channing when she is at a theatre she signs and sends them back if I ask her to. But I always do the self addressed-stamped thing too. I usually meet her and get a photo with her after the show, she'll sign and return. I just met her for the 7th time! She is so amazing...
Its Only A Play (2.0)
 Feb 14 2015, 01:26:34 AM
Lol. That's mean! I'm not a big Broderick fan, and he did seem...sedated, but why else would he be be acting that way if it's not scripted? Is he really that bad? I mean, I've seen him in precious little, and never on Broadway, but I thought his character was supposed to be all lifeless, dull, quiet, and nervous. I just assumed he was doing what he was supposed to do.

Guess not.

So, is he the reason that ticket prices are down, and they are practically giving tickets away? Thre

Its Only A Play (2.0)
 Feb 13 2015, 01:40:58 AM
I'm pretty sure that Broderick's part is supposed to lack energy. Like someone said before, he's acting. And Lane being the 'star'? The part that he played was pretty...manly (no offense to Nathan), and I have seen video...didn't really buy it. Short brings the laughs in, Micah stock is hilarious, and Stockard Channing...was her regular stage-stealing self. Seriously, she's the star.

Finneran is literally recycling her role as 'Poppy' from Frasier.

The "Stocks" put the awesome

The New Broadway Merchandise Trade Thread
 May 10 2014, 03:06:30 AM
I am really digging Stockard Channing anything, playbills and window cards especially. But I do have quite the collection already, so I would need to be PM'ed with anyone's list of available items. And I watch Ebay like a hawk, so if you list on there I will see it.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You