News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Trisky

Trisky Profile Photo
Member Name: Trisky
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=triskymccloy
Blog Address: http://trisky.broadwayworld.com/

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Fave Spring Awakening track
 Dec 17 2006, 05:08:58 PM
In the show Ilse makes reference to the fact that she and Moritz used to play pirates when they were little right before Don't Do Sadness/Blue Wind.
re: Arden and Rippa
 Apr 13 2006, 09:14:03 PM
I saw that commercial very quickly without benefit of my glasses being on and thought I was seeing things!

Thanks for the confirmation I wasn't CPD.

flopz/cutz!!!
 Feb 28 2006, 12:18:19 AM
Unfortunately I was confined to my sick bed for this. Well at least the money went to a good cause!

Sounds like a lot of great performers, looking forward to the next Jamie production.

re: An Ann E. Wrecksick Interview with Damon Intrabartolo and Scott Allgauer
 Feb 15 2006, 10:30:41 AM
So I'm thinking, maybe I should just start drinking *before* the show and then continue on through it.

It sounds like a two-fist night of theater.

Love it!

re: the times they are a-changin'
 Feb 12 2006, 02:07:30 PM
So CurtainPullDowner, I take it the Arden did us proud?
re: The Times They Are A-Changin'
 Feb 5 2006, 06:17:50 PM
michael arden is a sweetheart! we told him we didn't know he can dance, and he replied that he still doesn't know if he does.

LOL! I've never pictured Michael as a dancer either which is half the reason I hope this show comes to Broadway just so I can witness it myself. Oh, and hear the voice live again, been far too long since that's happened.

I'm still not sure I fully get what this show is about other than the love story in a circus but I'm willing to open my mind to

re: Would you recommend Naked Boys?
 Feb 5 2006, 04:50:16 PM
I don't remember a single thing about this show, not because I was so impressed/awed that they were naked, but because I was awed that they were naked and it was just as, if not more, boring than anything I'd ever seen.
re: Will the PRODUCERS close in 2006?
 Feb 5 2006, 03:47:49 PM
I think another big problem with The Producers is that is just doesn't seem like the kind of show that inspires repeat attendance. It seems to me that the shows that last the longest are the ones that induce audiences to come back over and over again and not just one stop tourist ventures.
re: Ann E. Wrecksick @ Ars Nova
 Feb 3 2006, 04:32:12 PM
Bought my ticket for the 20th. Good music and bad taste in humor? I am so there!
re: Idina is coming to London!
 Feb 2 2006, 01:00:23 PM
I think you can read that quote in two ways though. It's not clear as a bell but I think it's open to intepretation when he says "Stone said performers will be British, including “two great actresses” and “people that you definitely know” in the supporting roles of the Wizard and Madame Morrible."

It's easy to take that to mean his reference to the British performers applies only to "two great actresses" and that "people you definitely know" is an additional casting note, unrelated to "

re: NATALIE!!!
 Feb 2 2006, 09:30:58 AM
Jonah's arrangements were fantastic, as was his ensemble!

I just love the absolute rawness of Natalie's vocal power and that she's not afraid to be anything but what she is, whether she's singing a standard or Christina Aguilera or something from Bare.

She's wonderful both onstage and off and I cannot think of a person who deserves to be truly successful more than her. Why is she not on Broadway sharing her gift 8 times a week? It's unfathomable to me.

re: Natalie Joy Johnson's gig tonight
 Feb 2 2006, 09:27:51 AM
CurtainPullDowner, I had a feeling you were in the room last night.

I'm still hearing her voice ringing in my head this morning. Absolutely phenomenal show last night.

Feb 1 2006, 11:56:02 PM
Thank you Natalie for an absolutely fantastic concert!

Her voice was totally on fire and I hope this just the start of many more concerts to come. If the reaction of the audience is any indication, I know I'm not alone.

Wow. Just wow!

Feb 1 2006, 05:12:15 PM
Leaving in a few from work to head down there.
re: Jersey Boys - John Lloyd Young out
 Feb 1 2006, 11:06:40 AM
It was also up on the board when you walked in.
 Feb 1 2006, 10:16:58 AM
Dominic.
 Feb 1 2006, 09:44:33 AM
I thought his understudy was great. I imagine it has to be hard to be a swing in that cast since the voices of each of the Four Seasons is so different. But I think he pulled it off really well for someone who doesn't do it 8 times a week. I'd definitely like to go back and see John Lloyd Young though.
 Feb 1 2006, 09:30:06 AM
Trisky u ain't gonna be in San Diego for Arden?

Unfortunately I couldn't pull two trips off in less than a month and the other was a little more important.

Besides I was starting to think it was a little stalkery-weird to fly all the way to San Diego to see him in it. LOL

Feb 1 2006, 12:43:14 AM
Since I can't make it to Cali. to see this, I'll just cross my fingers that it makes it to Broadway eventually. I miss hearing Michael Arden sing live.
re: Jersey Boys- Love Thread
 Feb 1 2006, 12:37:12 AM
I saw this show tonight and I loved it. I had an understudy for John Lloyd Young, Dominic Nolfi and he was fantastic. Now I have to go back to see it with him in the role given the rave reviews he's getting.

I immediately went to Virgin to buy the cast recording. What a fun night of theater. That cast works hard between moving the set pieces, costume changes, wig changes, and all that singing (can't imagine how someone could sing the Franki Valli role 8 times a week).

Some

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You