The Times They Are A-Changin'

timote316
#0The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 12/16/05 at 2:17pm

Hmmm... interesting plot to say the least...
Article

sweeneyfan
#1re: The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 12/16/05 at 2:21pm

Worth seeing just for Michael Arden!

"Cor! me bones is weary!" -Mrs. Lovett

timote316
#2re: The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 12/16/05 at 2:24pm

Most definately!

staticradar Profile Photo
staticradar
#3re: The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 12/16/05 at 2:35pm

Bob Dylan, Michael Arden and Jenn Colella? Totally worth seeing!

You're always sorry, You're always grateful, You hold her, thinking: "I'm not alone." You're still alone.
-"Sorry-Grateful" Company

classy trashy Profile Photo
classy trashy
#4re: The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 12/16/05 at 10:26pm

Jackie Seiden, Jenn Colella, and Michael Arden? Be still, my heart!

Truth is beauty.

RecycledH20
#5re: The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 12/16/05 at 10:34pm

Aside from the cast, this sounds just plain awful.

smartpenguin78 Profile Photo
smartpenguin78
#6re: The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 12/16/05 at 11:48pm

I am afraid it will not be good, but the concept and the Twarp-Dylan pairing still have me very hopeful.
The cast is icing. The title is by far the worst thing about it. Why pick the most trite and over-used Dylan phrase possible?

(I am an absolute Dylan fan, so this is quite hard for me to deal with on several levels.)

I stand corrected, you are as vapid as they say.

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#7re: The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 12/17/05 at 12:36am

I'm happy for Michael Arden and his new Broadway gig, but what kind of storyline is that?!

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#8re: The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 12/17/05 at 12:36am

I'm happy for Michael Arden and his new Broadway gig, but what kind of storyline is that?!

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

jochang621 Profile Photo
jochang621
#9re: The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 1/27/06 at 3:49pm

is there going to be singing at all, or just dancing like in movin' out? i can't wait to see it!

Mother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
#10re: The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 1/27/06 at 4:05pm

Yeah, this does sound pretty weird, but it has the potential to be very theatrical and intriguing.

And for the record, I'd pay to watch Michael Arden eat Cornflakes.

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#11re: The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 1/27/06 at 4:07pm

Im with you MYB Yum Michael Arden yum cornflakes.... re: The Times They Are A-Changin'

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#12re: The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 1/27/06 at 6:42pm

Yes, there are three singers (Michael, Jenn, Thom) and 90 min of singing (no dialouge) and dancing/gymnastic. Dancers sing some too but as ensemble piece vs. all three singers have their own solo numbers.

otis33 Profile Photo
otis33
#13re: The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 1/27/06 at 7:58pm

I work at the Globe quite often and have been hearing nothing but RAVES from others who work there. The crew for the show...not easy to please, and not the kind to just throw compliments around...can't shut up about the show. They have been saying it's like nothing they have ever seen or worked on. I can't wait! I'm seeing it on Tuesday.

PhebusApollo
#14re: The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 1/27/06 at 8:11pm

I've been debating whether or not a three hour drive to San Diego for this show is worth it. I was a little put off when I read the synposis of the story line, but as a few of you mentioned, it's Michael Arden...that alone should make it worth it. That's so great to hear that people are raving about it, Otis. My initial reaction when I read what the show is about was that it sounded sort of hokey and weird, I guess I never considered the potential for it to be really innovative. Have fun on Tuesday, be sure to come back and let us know what you thought!

dragon8fly2005 Profile Photo
dragon8fly2005
#15re: The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 1/27/06 at 8:14pm

"Ron Burgundy had never heard that song..."

Sorry, I had to.

keep smiling,
bika

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#16re: The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 1/27/06 at 8:14pm

Mother's Younger Brother, you officially just made my week!

"And for the record, I'd pay to watch Michael Arden eat Cornflakes."

Amen sister, amen!

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

otis33 Profile Photo
otis33
#17re: The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 1/27/06 at 8:19pm

I'll definitely post thoughts afterwards. I admit, when I first heard the concept, I was hesitant.

A heads up - the show is pretty sold out already. They've added a week, and are getting ready to add another. The Globe also has standing room, which most people don't know about, or take advantage of.

mlsheehan Profile Photo
mlsheehan
#18re: The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 1/27/06 at 8:44pm

Yes, definitely get your tickets now or do standing room. I went last weekend to get tickets for a Wednesday evening during the extention week and the best seats were in the back row (in the Center).

I believe most of the earlier shows only have singles available.

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#19re: The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 1/27/06 at 9:34pm

We need to see more of Michael Arden. Both temporally and bodily.

SimpleJoysHaveSimpleVoice Profile Photo
SimpleJoysHaveSimpleVoice
#20re: The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 1/27/06 at 11:24pm

My wife and I got our tickets 2 weeks ago. Called in minutes after a return, and got 3rd row Right!!! It is worth the 2 hour drive to see this show. I am turning it in to a belated Valentine's romantic weekend. It is going to be a wonderful weekend.

Michael Arden eating cornflakes??? While that might happen...the hotel we booked is rumored to be the home the theater books for their artists, at least that is what the reservation clerk told me.

"Bad theater is better than no theater" Some smart guy.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#21re: The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 1/27/06 at 11:29pm

There is an incredibly Positive review on All That Chat.
I can't wait to see THIS!
That Arden Guy is Gonna be HUGE!
and Collela ain't no sloutch either,
mix em with the Genius of Tharp and Dylan and we may have the most interesting Theatre Piece in a Long Time.
Now clear a theatre in NYC Mr. Neederlander!

PhebusApollo
#22re: The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 1/28/06 at 12:37am

Ah, apparently you can't get tickets online. I've made up my mind. The drive to San Diego will be worth it...Now I can only hope that it won't be sold out.

fakeblue Profile Photo
fakeblue
#23re: The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 1/28/06 at 2:06am

I've just got back from this show.
I don't want to tell details.but that's amazing...you guys can see flying Michael Arden
anyway,all I can say,probably you can get ticket show on the day...I saw Standing ticket holders got front row tonight.
Updated On: 1/28/06 at 02:06 AM

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#24re: The Times They Are A-Changin'
Posted: 1/28/06 at 8:15am

Michael Flies?
well I am not surprised.
He can do pretty much anything

Updated On: 1/31/06 at 08:15 AM