News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sroderick2

Member Name: sroderick2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: BLOODY BLOODY ANDREW JACKSON at the Public
 Oct 24 2009, 10:42:38 PM
It's was available for download off their myspace but doesn't appear to be anymore...check your PMs in a few minutes though :)
re: BLOODY BLOODY ANDREW JACKSON at the Public
 Oct 24 2009, 06:10:52 PM
YES! I had no idea this was happening! I was lucky to see Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson in Los Angeles nearly 2 years ago, and it was fantastic. Fun and dark at the same time :). "Populism, yeah yeah!" is on my iPod. I'm glad to see it come to New York!

The lead wouldn't be Benjamin Walker, would it? He was in the LA show and honestly I can't see anyone else playing Andrew f*cking Jackson!

Question about 6/20 show
 Jun 23 2009, 08:16:41 PM
It wasn't Galt, unless he's grown a beard recently. Maybe it was one of the producers.
Question about 6/20 show
 Jun 23 2009, 04:13:43 PM
The little hair he had was white, but he wore a white bandana around his head. I think he was wearing a black tshirt.
Question about 6/20 show
 Jun 23 2009, 02:33:27 PM
Actually, at the Sunday 6/21 show, Berger pulled up this old hippie-looking guy in the front row and called him "his mother," but then a bunch of the cast were going up to talk to him later, even during the show. The guy was really into the show. This made me think he was one of the creators or producers...anyone else there who saw him?

Btw, I was also in the front row on Sunday...there is NOTHING like it

Hubba hubba!
 Mar 12 2009, 01:27:37 AM
Ahhh, you're all getting me really excited now! I just got my tix yesterday for June: orchestra front row, 113-114. They're gonna be in my face the whole time and I'm more than pumped...I can't believe they have the audience come onstage at the end to dance! I'm so there
re: Samonsky To Replace Morrison in SOUTH PACIFIC
 Dec 31 2008, 04:44:00 PM
Yay Andrew! I'm so glad to see he's movin' on up in the world. I saw him in a regional production of tick, tick...BOOM! a couple of years ago and he was BRILLIANT.
re: Wicked Wedding(s)
 Dec 12 2008, 03:39:39 AM
Awwwwww! How beautiful, and how sweet of the Wicked folks to let those couples have their weddings at the Pantages :)
re: Like Water for Chocolate on Broadway
 Dec 6 2008, 06:20:15 PM
What went through my head was, "why on earth are they adapting the MOVIE instead of the BOOK?" I didn't think the movie was that good, but the book was amazing, so why wouldn't they just adapt the original?

Also, in the article on BWW, it said Margo Lion was also developing a Monsoon Wedding musical. Now THAT I could go for, if it's done right and uses Indian music styles :)

re: Embarrassed by 'fans'
 Dec 1 2008, 04:07:25 PM
I've been embarrassed to be a fan of Wicked, Rent and SA, because of some behavior problems in the audience and at stage door (including at 9 to 5, which has SJB singing the line "no good deed goes unpunished"...oy, the cheers). Although, I find that this embarrassment often changes into relief that I'm not like that myself, and that helps me carry myself when I go to stage door.

I mostly just remember that I was that way myself when I was fourteen, but it's was because of Lord of the R

re: Jackson to Star in MORMON MUSICAL Workshop
 Nov 17 2008, 06:28:26 PM
This could be amazing...yay for an original musical!
re: Robert Reviews (and is shocked by) the 'Spring Awakening' Tour!
 Nov 14 2008, 04:04:44 PM
At the Ahmanson, I was too far back in the orchestra to see the lights on the mezz, but I could see everything on the stage from my seat and the lighting worked TREMENDOUSLY. Because the stage was bigger and taller, the lighting filled all of it so that it was MORE vibrant than before.

Also, great review! I agree with pretty much everything :)

re: Is FELA! definitely transferring...?
 Nov 11 2008, 09:50:43 PM
I, for one, am reeeeally hoping it transfers.

From what I can tell, it's not at ALL like In the Heights, except for the "world music" factor: it tells the story of Afrobeat musician Fela Kuti using his own music, so technically it's a jukebox musical. On that note, is it possible that Fela Kuti fans would come to see a production like this? A star presence like Fela Kuti (even only in name) could likely boost interest and thus sales.

re: Broadway Tattoos
 Nov 8 2008, 07:17:09 PM
One night at the stage door for 9 to 5, SJB was coming down the line and this one girl just ahead of me showed her a HUGE tattoo she had on her back: it was a replica of SJB's Elphaba! It took over about a third of her back, and Stephanie herself was so wowed by it that she took a picture for herself (as did a few of the other fans waiting). It was crazy.
re: Dodd, Mauzey, Kern, O'Malley, and More Join WICKED
 Nov 3 2008, 02:51:41 PM
How wonderful! Marcie is a fabulous singer and actress. I actually saw Alex Brightman in The History Boys in LA...he played Posner, he was very good! He's adorable and a sweetheart, too.

Also, when did Timothy Britten Parker join the Bway cast? He was in LA for the longest time.

re: Riedel: Drama Critics Dying Out
 Oct 31 2008, 04:25:15 PM
The Washington Post's earnings are down 86 percent. The Conde Nast magazines and The New York Times are facing staggering losses.

Not to mention the hell at the LA Times...it's pretty scary over here.

re: People assuming the original is obviously the best...
 Oct 30 2008, 10:36:25 PM
I absolutely agree. It's silly to give someone the title of "best [character]" by default simply because they originated the role. By that way of thinking, for example, I could enjoy Andrew Samonsky's Jon in a regional "tick tick BOOM" with all my heart, but Raul Esparza (who I've never seen play Jon) would still be the best IMO. It just doesn't work that way.
OKLAHOMA! with Hugh Jackman
 Oct 27 2008, 12:57:49 AM
Hey-

I just rewatched the DVD of "Oklahoma!" starring Hugh Jackman and I wondered if one of you could answer a question I had.

In the transition to the dream ballet at the end of Act I, Laurie (Josefina Gabrielle) is lying on the ground by the cornstalks after inhaling the smelling salts, but when she gets up to begin the ballet, her shoes have suddenly changed from boots with heels to flat boots/ballet shoes. Now, I know that they filmed much of that version in a studio, b

re: Academy Award Winning Film ONCE Comes to Broadway in 2010/2011 Season
 Oct 16 2008, 06:53:21 PM
It's not bold to take a movie (even a musical one) and put it on the stage, but the movie itself was bold. It was a different kind of movie musical, and it went above and beyond its expectations. If a stage production is done right (IMO), it'll be genuine, intimate and full of heart. As for success, name recognition will be a big help, and Off-Broadway is a good place to start.

Personally, I almost fell asleep watching the movie, but I think this could turn out to be a really beautiful

re: Shows you'd give your right arm to be in?
 Oct 16 2008, 01:08:12 AM
Since I'm aspiring musical director and not an actor, here's what I'd give my right leg to work on (only because I need both my arms to play and conduct, haha):

Les Miz
Hairspray
RENT
Sweeney Todd
The Lion King
tick, tick...BOOM!
The Music Man
Wicked
Company
West Side Story
In the Heights
The Last 5 Years

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You