News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Bodes08

Member Name: Bodes08
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jessie Mueller in
 Apr 10 2013, 12:45:01 PM
I saw the 4/6/13 matinee and Judy Kaye was still out of the show. I was bummed when I found that out. I was really looking forward to seeing her Tony-winning performance.
That being said, Jennifer Smith was wonderful and hilarious. Her 'Looking For a Boy' was one of the highlights of the show, and the audience loved it.
Matthew Broderick was just ok. It was a thrill to watch him sing and dance live, and I suppose his performance did reflect the demeanor of his character, but it just seem

re: Dreamgirls- 11.29.09
 Dec 28 2009, 07:18:41 PM
I'm seeing the show Wednesday night in Pittsburgh.
I REALLY hope Moya isn't still out after Baltimore. I'm really anxious to see her.

re: *Broadway Dreams for 2010*
 Dec 28 2009, 03:27:22 PM
another Tony win for Sutton.

begin production on the Wicked movie

re: New Disney Broadway Idea
 Jul 18 2009, 05:21:06 PM
I think Hocus Pocus could have HUGE potential to do well on Broadway.
I also would love to see Aladdin on stage. That would be amazing.
Another Disney movie I've always thought would transfer well to the stage is The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

re: Carrey and Gyllenhaal to Star in Big Screen Damn Yankees; Zadan, Meron
 Jun 18 2009, 11:41:54 AM
So, Anne Hathaway was on the View this morning, and along with confirming that she'll be playing Judy Garland in an upcoming biopic, she also confirmed that she is in the works to star in an upcoming movie with Jake Gyllenhaal.
She didn't say what it was, but does anyone think that she could be playing Lola. Or maybe Gloria? She could make a great Gloria.

re: Andrew Lloyd Webber and Glenn Slater to collaborate on new stage versio
 Apr 4 2009, 10:28:08 AM
Mortgageguy, thank you so much for your Aunt Linda reference. haha. That made me smile.
And I also give this news a GAHHHH. :)

re: FIRST LOOK: Official Poster Art for HBO Films GREY GARDENS & New Photo!
 Mar 22 2009, 11:41:32 PM
Are you kidding? That tagline is brilliant!
These two women (especially Little Edie) never let the fact that they lived in a run down, garbage filled, cat infested Hamptons haven into their heads.
She always dressed up and acted like she had somewhere to go.
She always was (in her own mind) just as glamourous when the doumentary was filmed as she was in her hey-day.

re: New Trailer on HBO's website for their GREY GARDENS film!
 Mar 13 2009, 12:22:02 PM
I really hope Drew garners some awards for this performance.
Just from the few seconds of the trailer that we hear her speak, she is outstanding.
She has the look, mannerisms, and dialect down perfectly.

re: 'Heathers' Musical Headed to Stage
 Mar 12 2009, 12:22:04 PM
While I do love Heathers, and see the potential in it to be a great stage musical, I'm starting to get sick of people turning popular 80's movies into musicals.
Heathers, Ghost, Dirty Dancing, The Breakfast Club, etc..
I'll admit some of them turn out to be great (Hairspray), but I think some are just a lazy attempt at striking Broadway gold, and some don't even do that.
That's just my opinion, but it's kind of getting old.

re: Carrey and Gyllenhaal to Star in Big Screen Damn Yankees; Zadan, Meron
 Feb 27 2009, 03:21:53 PM
I'm actually quite excited for this!
Although Carrey is a long stretch, he does comedic evil pretty well (i.e. The Grinch, The Riddler).
As for Jake Gyllehaal, he's a terrific actor and a wonderful comedian...but I've never really heard him sing (minus he comedic singing on SNL). I think he'll be able to pull it off though.
Now my thoughts on Lola. I'm definitely against Beyonce. I suppose she has the vocal chops, but her acting leaves a lot to be desired. Especially her comedic acti

re: Guys and Dolls 2/11 EVE (Long)
 Feb 15 2009, 12:32:55 PM
Nah, keep him for Jersey Boys.
I thoughthe did well with that show.
I can see how he'd mess this one up though. It should've went to Arthur Laurents. He would have made a spectacle out of it!
And I was really pulling for Lauren Graham. Hoefully she'll be able to develop her character and shine.

re: Hairspray Tour
 Jan 31 2009, 01:16:42 PM
She did do the seizure thing. But she was funny.

And I really enjoyed the Amber u/s. Would you agree?
She reminded me a lot of LBB which I actually liked. She even kind of looked like her. And she had the same comedic sense of LBB.

re: Hairspray Tour
 Jan 28 2009, 10:33:27 PM
I saw the tour this past Sunday nigh in Erie, PA.
I had seen the tour last March as well in Pittsburgh.

It was a one night only show in Erie, so a lot of things weren't used, which was disappointing...but understandable. It seems kind of pointless to set some of the bigger things up when its only going to be one show. So in that sense, the Pittsburgh stop was better since it was multiple shows.

I did, however, enjoy this cast much more. The only same people that were in the

re: Dreamgirls National Tour
 Jan 26 2009, 12:48:18 PM
I haven't heard anything about the cast so far, but I would love to wish you the best of luck!!!
re: Ashley Brown & Megan Lawerence in Guys & Dolls?
 Oct 13 2008, 06:46:48 PM
I think Megan Mullally would be a pretty great Adelaide, but it seems like she only comes to Broadway once in a blue moon, and having just done YF, I'm not sure.
re: In one week Legally Blonde will be a 'peice' of Broadway history...
 Oct 13 2008, 06:43:49 PM
I don't know about this show being a part of "broadway history", though it will be greatly remembered.
I see Hairspray as being a big part of broadway history though.

re: It's official. Hairspray to close!
 Oct 3 2008, 01:06:47 PM
I don't even know what to say about this.
I am in complete shock.
I never expecter Hairspray to run for 20 years or anything, but I definitely thought it would make it longer than this.
I'm sad.

re: LA/BROADWAY BONANZA on ELLEN 9/23
 Sep 23 2008, 10:32:06 AM
I thought that was so cute to see Andy, Stephanie, and Megan in the audience. That was a very cool, supportive thing they did for their castmate.
re: First professional footage of 9 TO 5...
 Sep 19 2008, 06:08:49 PM
This show looks like it's going to be absolutely amazing.
I hope I can eventually see it.

re: Worst Tony Award Performance Ever
 Sep 19 2008, 05:56:24 PM
I don't really think it's fair to judge A Catered Affair, Young Frankenstein, and The Little Mermaid on this years Tony's.
They weren't given the opportunity to perform to their full potential with major sets and orchestrations and such.
They were very rushed.
They shouldn't even be brought into consideration for this thread. In my opinion, that is.
That being said, I can't really think of a specific "worst" tony performance. There have been numerous stinkers.
But if I had to

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You